Work

Love House

“Hello everyone!” Jongdae greets the camera.

“Hello everyone!” Minseok and Yixing say in unison.

“Welcome back to Love house. We are heading towards the end of this season, and we have some bittersweet feelings about it.” Jongdae sighs.

“I think I’ve enjoyed this season the most,” Yixing says. “It’s been wholesome.”

“You like it because your favorite couple practically made it.” Minseok shakes his head. “It looks like we’ll get two couples this season.”

Jongdae nods. “True. We won’t be as crushed as last season.”

“We’re wishing them the best starting now. We still have a couple of episodes left, but I’m hoping it goes smoothly.” Yixing smiles, his dimple showing.

“I’m just sad for our poor Sehunnie. He had the best intentions and is leaving with a broken heart.” Minseok holds a hand against his chest.

“In this game of love there are winners and losers and sadly for him I see the chemistry between Chanyeol and Baekhyun,” Jongdae says. “They’re very different but also similar at the same time.”

“If I’m being honest, I don’t know if they’ll last long,” Minseok says.

Yixing playfully pushes him. “Don’t say that! They’ll do just fine. I’m sure.”

“I’ll give them a month.”

“Shut up.”

Jongdae chuckles. “In other news. Jongin and Kyungsoo resolved their differences and seem to be back on track.”

“I’m very impressed by them.” Minseok intervenes. “They had a conversation like grown adults, apologized and found a common ground.”

“They did really well.” Yixing claps with a smile. “I have no doubts they’ll be choosing each other at the end.”

Minseok laughs. “Imagine they don’t.”

“Don’t say that!” Yixing protests.

Jongdae sighs. “In the meantime, let’s look at their last few days in the Love House.”

Kyungsoo.

Leaving the house shouldn’t be too hard. Of course, he knows he would miss his roommates, the memories and everything they lived together. Right now, he feels the closest to them than anybody else. However, Kyungsoo knows he has a life he must return to. A restaurant to run and family and friends to see more often. He understands every cycle has its end and their time in the Love House is ending as well.

It wouldn’t be too difficult if it weren’t for Baekhyun constantly reminding everyone that their time together was coming to an end.

“This is one of the last coffees I’ll ever get from you.” Baekhyun sighs as he takes a sip, humming in pure delight. He woke up that morning and chose violence, apparently.

“You don’t know that. What if we become famous and I released a coffee brand?” Kyungsoo chuckles, taking a sip himself.

“It won’t be the same, cause it wouldn’t be made by you directly.” Baekhyun lets out another dramatic sigh and Kyungsoo can only shake his head.

“You’ll be okay.”

Just then Jongin and Chanyeol make it down the stairs. They both look ready for their morning run and Kyungsoo for once wishes he was athletic in any way, just so he can run with Jongin. He’s sure that’s also quite the experience. It’s now his turn to let out a sigh as the other two greet them.

Chanyeol walks over to the fridge, grabbing some water. His eyes, however, never leave Baekhyun’s. Kyungsoo is convinced they’re having a full conversation because Baekhyun simply smiles behind his mug.

Jongin raises an eyebrow. “I feel like I’m intruding.”

Kyungsoo nods. “Same.”

“It’s nothing.” Chanyeol drinks his water so fast, that Kyungsoo thinks it’s a miracle he didn’t choke.

“It’s a skill, Nirvana.” Baekhyun chuckles. “We kind of figured it out over the weekend, as well as many other things. What did you do with your weekend? Count sheep or something?”

Jongin raises an eyebrow, a half-smile tugging at his lips. One Kyungsoo has only seen once, at that live performance his band made. When he was feeling and looking confident.

“We spent the weekend in bed mostly… together.” Jongin turns to Kyungsoo, winking at him before he makes his way to the back doors. “Let’s go Chanyeol!”

Kyungsoo can feel his cheeks burning. He turns to look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Their jaws are on the floor as they watch Jongin leave. He’s sure neither of them expected that, and neither did he. Chanyeol blinks, closing his mouth and following Jongin outside.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun puts his mug down. “I am not teasing that man ever again.”

Kyungsoo giggles. “I honestly want to more just to see what he would say.”

“Of course, you would.” The other scoffs. “I’ve heard you asking him to glare at you for no reason. You’re kind of , I can tell.”

Kyungsoo bursts into laughter. “Shut up.”

“If you ever go Corpse Husband mode, please let me know so I can remove myself.”

Kyungsoo bites his lower lip. “I’ll be sure to. Don’t worry.”

“You didn’t deny it, though. I’m concerned.”

“Concerned about what?” Another voice says, coming from the stairs. They turn to see Junmyeon walking in, still in his pajamas. He’s wearing glasses and his hair is messy. He grabs some coffee and sits on a stool.

“About Soo turning into Corpse Husband.”

“Who?” Junmyeon frowns.

Baekhyun chuckles. “If you know, you know.” He winks at Kyungsoo before he leaves the kitchen.

“Don’t mind him.” Kyungsoo sighs. “He’s just… you know… being Baekhyun.”

Junmyeon nods. “I’ve gotten used to it by now.”

There’s a moment of silence between them. If he’s being honest, Kyungsoo has been wanting to talk to him for a while, but he hasn’t been able to find the courage to. Maybe this is his chance.

“Uhm… I’ve been wanting to ask you something for a while,” Kyungsoo says and judging by Junmyeon’s expression he’s been waiting for it. He doesn’t look surprised or curious at all.

“Go ahead.” He says instead. He sips his coffee, adjusting his glasses over the bridge of his nose.

“About that time… when you told me to talk to Jongin.” Kyungsoo clears his throat.

Junmyeon simply hums.

“I just wanted to ask… why I guess. Because it seemed like you…” Kyungsoo sighs. He doesn’t know how to phrase this.

“Like I was interested in him as well?” Junmyeon tilts his head. “I was.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen, not really expecting the confession.

“However… anybody was able to see how much he likes you.” Junmyeon shrugs. “I tried, but in the end, it’s important to see how the other person is feeling.”

“I see.”

“I had a feeling something had happened between you two and it would’ve been a shame to see that break what you had.” Junmyeon smiles. “I guess I was just trying to be a good person.”

Kyungsoo did not expect any of that. It was definitely more than he anticipated, however, looking at Junmyeon, he can understand. He realized Jongin didn’t feel the same and gave up.

He gave up.

“I see. Well, thank you.”

Junmyeon waves it off. “Don’t thank me. Anybody would’ve done the same.” He stands up, walking towards the living room. He can guess that means the conversation is over. Although that’s the thing…

… not anybody would’ve done the same.

Kyungsoo chuckles as he watches Chanyeol and Baekhyun argue over who should sit where for their movie night. Baekhyun has something planned for every single night of that week for all of them to do together, in an effort to spend time with everyone before they have to leave. Of course, Baekhyun is being a little dramatic about it, but who if not Baekhyun would be the most dramatic of the group.

Apparently, Chanyeol wants to sit with Baekhyun on the main couch and Baekhyun wants to sit wherever he wants. It’s the silliest argument, but he can’t help but laugh at them.

“Why don’t you want to sit with me?” Chanyeol says. Pouting at the other man, arms crossed over his chest.

“Because I want to sit wherever.”

“But we should sit together!”

“Says who?”

Kyungsoo laughs. He’s finishing the popcorn and other snacks and setting them on a tray before taking them over to the living room. Sehun and Jongin then walk downstairs. Sehun ultimately joins the chaos while Jongin rushes to help Kyungsoo.

“It’s fine, I got it.” Kyungsoo smiles at him.

Jongin shakes his head. “Let me help you.” He grabs another tray filled with snacks and drinks and takes it to the living room. Sehun glances between him and the other two.

“There are two types of couples.” He says with a sigh.

Jongin chuckles, shaking his head. “It’ll be okay, Sehunnie.” He pats Sehun’s head.

Kyungsoo hasn’t really talked to Sehun about how he’s feeling. He can only guess Baekhyun talked to him and gave him a proper answer, but he’s sure that doesn’t make being rejected any less painful. That’s the only downside of the show.

Some people walk out with a new partner and others walk out with hurt feelings.

Junmyeon then walks in. He grabs a few chips from a bowl and sits down next to Sehun, ruffling his hair gently. The rest settle as Chanyeol scrolls through Netflix in search of something to watch.

“You know what I’ve been thinking about?” Baekhyun grabs a handful of popcorn.

“What?” Kyungsoo asks, sitting next to Jongin and the other covers them both with a blanket.

“We’re about to end the show, and I still don’t know what you guys do for a living,” Baekhyun says, running a hand through his hair. “Well, I know Chanyeol and I know Sehun, but I do not know about the rest of you.”

“Is it safe to say?” Jongin blinks.

“I think it is. There aren’t any more matching sessions.” Baekhyun replies. Which is technically true. There won’t be any other opportunities to find out until after they leave, so Kyungsoo doesn’t really see how sharing that could harm anyone.

“I’m a chef.” Kyungsoo then says. The rest stare at him.

“I’m upset I never thought of that. I thought you were an office worker or something.” Baekhyun pouts.

Kyungsoo laughs. “I thought it would be obvious with the amount of cooking I did.”

“Where do you work, Hyung?” Sehun asks.

Chanyeol nods, leaning back to look at Kyungsoo. “We could go visit you one of these days.”

“Well, I kind of own a restaurant, so I’ll send you guys the details.” Kyungsoo pulls out his phone.

“Oh damn, look at him. Business owner or whatever.” Baekhyun smiles. “I’m a model by the way, and I’m on my way to having my own clothing brand… it’s going to be called Prive.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen. “Oh! I never would’ve guessed.”

“He’s been wearing some of his own pieces these past few weeks.” Chanyeol grins. It almost looks like he’s proud to know this information.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, but he’s smiling nevertheless. “What about Junmyeon Hyung?”

“I’m a model too.” He pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “And I own a small clothing store too, so you’re all welcome to stop by.”

“Wait… so you really didn’t need my help to go shopping.” Jongin raises an eyebrow.

Junmyeon bites back a smile. “Yeah, not really.”

“What about you Nickelback? Although I think Sehun and I kind of know.” Baekhyun chuckles.

“You know, for someone who makes fun of me, you sure know a lot of bands.” Jongin reaches to grab a drink, taking a sip.

“I never said I didn’t like the music… you’re just too obvious.”

Jongin shakes his head. “I am a drummer for a band, but only half-time. I’m a tattoo artist full time.”

Kyungsoo can see the way everyone’s eyes drag down his arms covered in tattoos. Maybe a bit longer than he appreciates.

“Aren’t you guys staring too hard?” Kyungsoo says. It takes him a moment to realize he said that out loud. The rest of them bursts into laughter.

“Well, Jongin, good luck with your possessive boyfriend,” Baekhyun says.

Jongin clears his throat. “We’re not really boyfriends yet.”

“Isn’t that a given?” Chanyeol asks.

“No… you should always ask if you want to be on the same page.”

Kyungsoo simply smiles.

“You know what Foo fighters? I like you.”

“Anyway, what do you do, Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo is quick to change subjects. He’s not sure how he feels about the boyfriend topic just yet.

“Professional boxer.” He replies. “I run a gym.”

“He’s a Pokémon gym leader,” Baekhyun says, making Chanyeol sigh.

“That would be more exciting,” Sehun says.

“Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. “Yeah? Is your job exciting at all?”

“I do YouTube.”

“So, he says, but he never wanted to tell me the name of his channel. He claims to have one million subscribers. But I need to see that with my own two eyes.” Baekhyun jumps in.

“What do you mean? I saw his channel.” Junmyeon intervenes.

Baekhyun gasps. “The audacity.”

Sehun scratches the back of his head nervously. “I’ll send it to you guys later. I have some clips from us living here that I want to post after the show has aired completely.”

“Sounds fun.” Kyungsoo smiles at him.

“Okay, but if my face is in your videos, you need to share the money.” Jongin smiles.

“I will not do such a thing,” Sehun lets out a dramatic sigh. “I thought we were friends.”

“That doesn’t mean I do free appearances.” Jongin chuckles.

“Kim Jongin, how dare you?”

Baekhyun shakes his head. “He falls in love and look at him now, he didn’t talk this much when we got here.”

“Kyungsoo’s weirdness is rubbing off on me,” Jongin says.

“Hey!”

As the night goes by, they keep chatting, eating, and laughing. Enjoying one of their last nights together. Maybe neither of them wants the night to end, but they all take in every moment. Kyungsoo smiles because even if they go their separate ways after this, he’ll always have these moments.

Maybe leaving the Love house wasn’t going to be as easy as he thought.