Surprise

Love House

“Hello everyone!” Jongdae greets.

“Hello!” both Minseok and Yixing say in unison.

“Welcome back to Love house.” Jongdae smiles. “This week we have a lot to cover. A lot happened and I’m excited to see what’s next.”

Minseok nods. “Last week, we saw a more proactive Sehun, trying to catch Baekhyun’s attention.”

“Not to mention that it didn’t go unnoticed by Chanyeol… he’s still interested, you can tell,” Yixing adds.

“Did you see the way he perked up when Baekhyun offered to help with his video game?” Minseok laughs. “Just like a puppy.”

“Is he going to do something, even? I know they didn’t have the best start; however, he doesn’t look like he’s going to make a move. His opportunity is going to get snatched in front of his face.” Jongdae says.

“He’s going to have to grow a pair and do something.” Minseok agrees. “Otherwise, Baekhyun could end up falling for Sehun.”

“Baekhyun and Sehun would look cute together, though.” Yixing giggles.

“They would.” Jongdae nods. “Now moving on to our other love triangle…”

Minseok scoffs. “Can that be called a love triangle? It’s two people obviously into each other and another one who thinks they’ll get something.”

Jongdae chuckles. “Hyung, should you be saying it like that? I’m sure Junmyeon has good intentions.”

“Of course he does. He’s simply trying, and it’s not working out.” Minseok gestures at the screen in front of them. “It’s obvious Jongin doesn’t like him back.”

“But what if they go to the Love Villa together? Maybe this is his chance to get Jongin to like him.” Jongdae says.

“I don’t know. I don’t think so.” Yixing shakes his head. “I think it’s too late for him.”

Minseok chuckles. “For the sake of drama, I hope they go together.”

Yixing sighs. “We’re not here to create drama.”

“We live for the drama.” Minseok scoffs. “That’s what we all want to see. Confrontation.”

“Jongin and Kyungsoo have been on several dates. I think they’re too close to each other now for anybody else to come between them.” Yixing crosses his arms over his chest.

“Well, I guess we’ll have to see if you’re right,” Jongdae says.

“We’ll see.”

  • - -

Kyungsoo

About two hours go by before Kyungsoo decides he has to leave his room. He could’ve gone out sooner, however, he didn’t feel like it. Whoever was going to the Love Villa is probably gone by now and part of him did not want to face the awaiting reality.

He sighs.

Kyungsoo can feel his chest tightening at the thought. He doesn’t remember the last time he felt like this. It’s not like it was anybody’s fault, however, it was just unlucky.

Unlucky for him, at least.

Walking into the kitchen, he opens the fridge and the first thing he sees is the ice cream sitting in the freezer. Ice cream would do for now. He’s not really heartbroken, but something sweet has hurt nobody. He scoops a bit into a bowl, adding some toppings they have there, and grabs a spoon before he turns around.

And the sight he finds makes his heart skip a beat.

His eyes widen and he blinks rapidly as if trying to confirm what he’s seeing is real. Kyungsoo opens his mouth just to close it again a few times before he can find it in himself to make the question his brain is trying to push out so desperately.

“Jongin?” He walks over to the living room, where the other man is sitting, just casually going through his phone. The man in question looks up and gives Kyungsoo a smile so bright that he thinks he’ll just melt away. “What are you doing here?”

Jongin blinks. “What do you mean? I live here.” He tilts his head, a small smile making an appearance.

“But weren’t you…?”

“Going to the Love Villa? No.” Jongin shrugs.

Kyungsoo is honestly confused. He thought that Jongin for sure would’ve been gone, probably with Junmyeon, especially knowing the other man was interested. However, there he was. Sitting on the couch like a normal day.

“But-”

“We couldn’t pick the same people we went with last time, so considering I didn’t want to go with anybody else but you, I did the next best thing.” He sighs. “I picked someone who I knew would not choose me back… Baekhyun.” He whispers the name as if to avoid others from finding out. Not that it matters.

“You did that on purpose?” Kyungsoo’s voice was filled with hope and surprise. He could not believe Jongin really did that.

“Well, didn’t you do the same?”

“Yeah, but-”

“Then why wouldn’t I?” Jongin’s eyes take over Kyungsoo’s and he doesn’t know what to do with what he sees in them. “If you’re serious about me, then it’s only fair I do the same.”

And it was true. Somehow, he’s been giving his all, but not expecting Jongin to do the same. Of course, how could he? Jongin didn’t owe him anything, and part of the purpose of the show was to explore these connections. However, if he was able to tell early on that he truly liked Jongin, then how could he assume Jongin didn’t feel the same?

He never gave him any sign he didn’t. It was quite the opposite, really.

It feels unfair and stupid, the way he has all these feelings, but he didn’t give Jongin’s feelings a proper chance.

Kyungsoo feels like he’s about to cry and he has no idea why.

“Well then… want to watch a movie with me?” Kyungsoo smiles. He’s suddenly in a better mood.

Jongin returns the gesture. “I would love that.”

Jongin scoops some ice cream for himself as well as they create something like a fort on the living room couch. They explore their Netflix options until they find one of the awkward romantic comedies, hitting play once they’re both comfortable enough.

It just feels right.

Halfway through the movie, once Kyungsoo feels bold enough, he reaches out under the blankets, holding Jongin’s hand. He can hear the way Jongin gasps next to him, his body tensing up for a moment before he relaxes and squeezes Kyungsoo’s hand back.

He’s not sure if whatever this is will last forever, but he has to stop doubting it and embrace it more. Because it might not work. They could drift apart, end up heartbroken or simply stop seeing each other after the show is done.

But what if it works? What if they work together? Kyungsoo has a feeling it could be great.

He thinks it could be more.