Five Words

Love House

Hello Everyone!

Back at it another week. I'm a bit tired, so please ignore any mistakes. I'll come back to check later... maybe.

Thanks to everyone who has been commenting or retweeting the story on twitter.

Hope you guys enjoy.

 

....

 

“Good afternoon,” Jongdae greets.

“Good afternoon,” the other two say in unison.

“We’re here another week as the matching session approaches. Things are getting interesting.” Jongdae smiles, glancing at his co-hosts.

Minseok nods. “Last week we had Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s first date and while it ended on a pleasant note, it seems like other interests might approach.”

Jongdae chuckles. “Yixing’s ship is sailing.”

“Yes!” Yixing claps. “I told you there was something there. I saw it in their eyes when they talked in the kitchen.”

“Jongin asked Kyungsoo out while sitting together in the hot tub.” Jongdae nods. “It’s a very interesting, yet intimate place to ask someone out. I wonder what they’ll do.”

“I’m sure it will be great,” Yixing says.

“Mr. Zhang, your bias is showing… anyway, let’s also talk about the new guy,” Minseok adds. “I want to see how he’ll change the dynamics so far.”

“We still have to see if someone catches his eye. We only saw his introduction last week, so we’ll have to pay attention to that.” Jongdae turns to the others. “Do you guys think pairs will change?”

“They were already changing, considering Sehun and Jongin seemed to get close and so did Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, however… there was a sort of switch before Chanyeol’s arrival. I think this will change it even more.” Minseok says.

“Let’s tune in then, and see how it goes…”

“Let’s do that.”

  • -  -

Kyungsoo.

A sigh.

Kyungsoo finishes some work while sitting in the living room, iced coffee in hand, and he takes a sip before setting it down. Stretching, he finally looks up from his laptop, eyes burning from all the time I have glued him to it. Not being able to go in every day has been a challenge, but he can manage, and with the end of the week approaching, he has other things in mind as well.

Like the upcoming matching session.

Everybody would have to choose someone to go to the Love villa.

Of course, it would depend if the person you want chooses you back. That had Kyungsoo feeling a little nervous. It would be kind of embarrassing to pick someone and have that person choose someone else and then he would stay in the Love house all alone.

It would be embarrassing indeed.

He shakes those thoughts off. He doesn’t have time or energy to be thinking about any of this. He goes back to work when he hears footsteps approaching. He glances over his shoulder to see Baekhyun with a glass of orange juice in his hand.

“Good morning,” Baekhyun says, dropping his weight on the couch next to Kyungsoo.

“Good morning,” Kyungsoo smiles. “Had a good night’s sleep?”

Baekhyun nods. “Even if it was just a few hours.”

“When Jongin and I went to sleep, it was already one in the morning and you guys didn’t seem to be heading off anytime soon.” Kyungsoo mentions.

“The new guy is interesting.” Baekhyun shrugs.

Ah, the new guy.

After having dinner the night before, once the new guy appeared, it seemed like all eyes were on him. He brought a few bottles of wine with him and they had a few glasses around the pool as they talked to him, trying to get to know him better. The guy, Chanyeol, is charismatic and approachable. Everyone liked him right away.

Jongin and Kyungsoo left earlier to rest, but Baekhyun and Sehun didn’t appear interested in sleep.

“He is,” Kyungsoo nods. “And he looks very proactive.”

Baekhyun is quiet for a second, and then he smiles. “So proactive, he actually asked me out before we all went to bed last night.”

Kyungsoo gasps. “He did?”

Baekhyun nods. “I wanted to tell you today, cause I don’t want it to be weird or anything.”

“Oh please,” Kyungsoo waves it off. “It’s not like we’re exclusive or anything, this is what we’re here for… actually, I got an invitation as well.”

“Really? Who?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he leans closer.

“Jongin.”

“Kurt Cobain asked you out?!” Baekhyun’s voice is louder than Kyungsoo would appreciate. Regardless, he laughs at the nickname and nods.

“Yeah, while we were in the hot tub.” Kyungsoo smiles at the memory. He didn’t think the other would be interested in him at all, but he was curious to find out what it would be like.

“He wastes no time. I have to watch out.” Baekhyun takes a sip of his juice.

Kyungsoo laughs. “Sure, either way, good luck on your date.”

Baekhyun nods, standing up. “Thanks, you too. Let’s compare dates later.”

“I’d rather not.”

“You’re no fun.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t know how they do it. He spent the afternoon in the living room working, and when he stood up, he noticed that there was something new sitting by the entrance. It was a mailbox, or several rather. Each with the names of everyone in the house. Later that day, they were informed to write a letter to someone in the house and drop it in the respective mailbox one by one.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know what to do.

Who should he send a letter to?

He quickly makes his way to his bedroom to avoid seeing anyone. Of course, writing to someone didn’t mean he would pick them for the Love villa, however, it’s a good indicator.

He decides to just follow his heart and starts writing. It’s not a long letter, but at least it’s truthful. He might even change his mind later, but there are still three weeks left, so he doesn’t think it matters that much. He’s taking this way too seriously. Kyungsoo finishes writing it and once his turn comes, he runs downstairs to deposit his letter into the right mailbox.

What’s done is done.

Either way, he has to get ready for his date with Jongin.

He takes a shower and looks for something presentable to wear. Jongin didn’t say where they would go, but he picks an outfit that could get him in to pretty much any place. He walks downstairs after he’s done and Jongin is already there waiting. Kyungsoo has to hold back a smile when he sees him.

The man in question is looking at his reflection in the entryway mirror, fixing his hair several times, apparently not able to decide which way he wants it, or maybe he’s nervous. Either way, it’s cute.

Kyungsoo clears his throat once he reaches the bottom floor, and Jongin’s eyes widen when he turns to look at him. They keep eye contact for a few seconds and Jongin is the first to break it, a blush painting his cheeks softly.

Kyungsoo laughs. “Are you ready?”

Jongin nods. “Ready.”

Kyungsoo glances at the small chalkboard they have near the door, and it seems Sehun would be away until the following day and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were already out on their date. Jongin takes a moment to write that they’re gone too, and they head out the door.

The ride there is comfortable even when Jongin doesn’t say much. He asks Kyungsoo what kind of music he likes, and they find out they share common interests with music as well, so he quickly finds something to put on the radio. Kyungsoo sings along part of the ride, and the other part is him trying to figure out where they’re going with Jongin refusing to tell him.

It isn’t until they’re in front of the place that Kyungsoo finally realizes.

“They have a live performance today, so I thought it would be nice.” Jongin scratches the back of his head. “Is that okay? If you don’t like it, we can go somewhere else.”

Kyungsoo smiles, shaking his head. “This is fine.”

They walk together, and the place is packed. Kyungsoo thinks they maybe arrived a bit too late, however, Jongin leads the way to the second floor, where they had open tables. They labeled one of them as reserved and Jongin smiles as he gestures for Kyungsoo to sit down.

Did he manage to get a reserved table at a bar and grill?

That’s… thoughtful.

The place is filled with energy as people wait for the performance. The instruments are already in place and Kyungsoo notices they have a sweet view of the stage.

“I heard of this place a while ago, but I never had time to come.” Kyungsoo smiles at Jongin who simply nods. “Do you come here often?”

Jongin nods again. “Something like that.”

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes with a smile. “Something related to work?”

“A little bit.” Jongin bites his bottom lip, trying to hold back a smile.

“Well, then… tell me about you,” Kyungsoo leans forward, resting his elbows over the table.

Jongin clears his throat, leaning back against his chair. “What do you want to know?”

“I don’t know… anything. Something fun about you.”

Jongin blinks, expression blank as if he just forgot his entire life in just one second. “Uh… I play a few instruments.”

“Ah, so you are something like a rockstar,” Kyungsoo smirks.

“Something like that… mostly drums, but I also play the guitar a little.” Jongin looks away, hand clasping at the back of his neck.

“Oh, a drummer… I always wanted to learn. It seems like most people want to learn the guitar or maybe the piano, but as a kid, I found drums to be interesting.” Kyungsoo says, and Jongin’s eyes sparkle in response.

“It’s comforting… it takes energy and gives some back, too.” Jongin nods.

“What about your tattoos?”

Jongin glances down at his arm, one of his tattoos peeking underneath the blue dress shirt. “I designed all of them, although I did only about thirty percent of them myself.”

You made them?” Kyungsoo feels a sudden urge to reach out and roll up his sleeves to look at them better. “Does it hurt when you do?”

Jongin shrugs. “You get used to it, eventually.”

Just then, a server walks over to their table, handing them the menu. Jongin glances at the lady and he groans a bit, cheeks flushed, as he tries to hide behind the small menu. Kyungsoo glances between the two, but he doesn’t understand the situation.

The woman smiles at him. “Would you like to order now, or should I come back?”

Jongin sighs. “Kyungsoo, this is my sister.”

Kyungsoo almost chokes on pure air when he looks at her again. He notices the similarities between them. They really look like they are related.

“Oh, nice to meet you. I’m Do Kyungsoo.” He shakes her hand, and her smile is bright.

“Nice to meet you, I-”

“Aren’t you supposed to be downstairs?” Jongin interrupts.

She looks at him, still smiling. “Sooyoung and I changed for the day.”

“Why today?”

“Just felt like it.”

Kyungsoo chuckles as he looks back and forth between them. He watches Jongin take a deep breath and give the menu a quick scan.

“I’ll have a cheeseburger and a soda.” He says.

“No alcohol?”

“I’m driving.”

She smirks. “Look at you, being responsible for your date.”

Jongin groans.

Kyungsoo has a hard time not laughing, and he scans the menu just as quickly. “I think I’ll have the same, but I’d rather have an iced tea, please.” He hands her the menu.

“Coming right up.” She grabs the menus and leaves just as fast as she arrived.

“I’m sorry about that,” Jongin says. “I was hoping she wouldn’t find out we were coming today.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “It doesn’t bother me. I have a brother, so I know how it is. I think it’s cute.”

“I’m the youngest of three and the only guy.” He sighs. “So, they’re usually like this with me.”

“Ah, the curse of the youngest child.” Kyungsoo laughs. “I live that too.”

Jongin smiles. “I’m not only the youngest but also sort of the black sheep.”

“Hmm, still in your rebel phase?” Kyungsoo rests his chin on his palm.

“I don’t do many things the conventional way… and I think they sometimes forget I’m a man and I should follow my own path.” Jongin sighs. “I was hoping that being in the show would help fix that, and also maybe stop the blind dates.”

“Oh, you had those too?” Kyungsoo shakes his head. He has a hard time believing someone as good-looking as Jongin would need to go on a blind date. “I lost count of how many times my parents set me up.”

Jongin’s eyes widen.

“I know. I’ve been focused on work and my parents seemed to believe it was their time to set up every single blind date they could.” Kyungsoo sighs. “It was just not working.”

“Well, at least you tried. I sabotaged a few of them on purpose.”

Kyungsoo laughs. “You’re terrible. Although I have a hard time believing that someone who looks like you would ever need to go on a blind date.”

“Someone who looks like me?”

“Yeah, like a rockstar Ken doll.”

Jongin blinks and once again his cheeks turn red, the blush reaching his ears as well. Kyungsoo discovers he enjoys making Jongin blush.

There’s a pause.

“I’m glad you asked me out. It’s nice to talk about these things with someone who understands.” Kyungsoo says.

“It is… I’m glad I asked you out, too. If it’s not too bad, maybe we can do it again some other time.”

“Oh… asking for a second date already? Do you like my company that much?” Kyungsoo smirks. This time, Jongin tries to hide the intensifying blush with his hands. So cute.

“Well, I mean… only if you want to.”

“I would love that.” Kyungsoo reaches out to touch his hand. It’s supposed to be a reassuring touch, but the moment their hands connect, he feels a shock wave running up his arm and settling in his stomach. He can’t remember the last time he felt like this.

He doesn’t want to let go.

Their food arrives shortly after, so they both lean back, realizing they’re too close to each other than they initially thought. The band is also about to start, so they have an animated chat over the food while they wait. As soon as the band performs, the overall energy of the place increases. People who went just for the performance gathered around the stage to cheer on them.

Kyungsoo finds himself dancing to the music and singing along with the popular songs he knows. He and Jongin exchange a few looks throughout the performance, a few smiles here and there, and every single time, without a failure, Kyungsoo feels bubbles forming inside his stomach.

This is different, and he knows it.

The band goes for another hour. They talk to the audience and say their goodbyes before they finish the song. Kyungsoo has been so busy with work over the past few years that he doesn’t remember the last time he went to a concert.

Maybe in college with his friends.

He has been missing on a lot, and his twenties are almost over.

Jongin turned out to be the perfect gentlemen, he ordered dessert, paid for everything, not even letting Kyungsoo pull out his wallet and when it was time to leave, he kept staring between Kyungsoo’s hands and the sea of people that had gathered to congratulate the band members. Kyungsoo knew what was on his mind. He wanted to hold his hand to get out of there safely but was too shy to ask.

So Kyungsoo offered, smiling even.

And the electricity? It was there still.

When they arrive at the house, Sehun is there. They erase their message from the board and walk over to where Sehun is sitting in the living room.

“Weren’t you going to be away until tomorrow?” Kyungsoo asks as he plops down on the couch.

“Some plans got canceled, so here I am.”

Kyungsoo hums. “Did you eat?”

“I did.” Sehun smiles.

“Are Baekhyun and Chanyeol out still?” Jongin glances at the clock hanging over the TV. It’s already past twelve.

Sehun nods. “No signs of either of them. How was your date?”

They glance at each other and then look away, smiling.

Sehun smiles. “Oho, was it that good?”

“It was fun.” Kyungsoo nods.

“I’m glad.”

Suddenly the door bursts open, and an angry-looking Baekhyun barges in, not looking back. He glances at the other three standing in the living room, and he just scoffs as he walks to the kitchen to get some water. Chanyeol follows in soon enough, and he looks just as pissed. Neither of them is saying anything, but Kyungsoo can only imagine their date did not go as well.

The silence feels threatening, but saying anything feels even worse.

“Hey guys, how did your date go?” Sehun asks.

ing Sehun.

Jongin and Kyungsoo both glare at him at the same time. Could this guy not read the room?

Baekhyun laughs. “Oh well, I’ve had better.”

“I could say the same.”

“Really? I wonder how anyone made it through with how self-centered you are.” Baekhyun shoots back. If looks could kill…

“I’m self-centered? Did anyone ever tell you that sometimes you need to shut up?” Chanyeol scoffs. “I’ve met no one who talked about themselves this much.”

“I’m interesting enough, darling, unlike you.” Baekhyun turns around, gathering his stuff.

“What a sad little world.” Chanyeol runs up the stairs and so does Baekhyun shortly after. A moment later, all they can hear is the sound of doors being slammed.

And then silence.

“I guess, not so well.” Sehun bites his bottom lip.

Jongin and Kyungsoo send him another look.

His timing is awful.

“I’m going to bed, then… we’ll talk to them in the morning.” Jongin sighs, turning to Kyungsoo. “See you in the morning?”

Kyungsoo’s good mood is instantly back. “Of course, we live together.” He laughs.

“Ah yes, that’s true. Well, good night.” He says, however, he doesn’t move.

“Good night.” Kyungsoo understands the feeling. He doesn’t want it to end just yet.

“Ew, stop flirting in front of me.” Sehun stands up and starts heading upstairs. “Remember to check your mailboxes.”

Oh.

That’s right. The letters.

They both nod, walking towards them. Jongin is quick to open it and get whatever is inside. He smiles at Kyungsoo before he disappears, probably excited to read his letter. Kyungsoo isn’t sure he’ll get anything either way, but he’s pleasantly surprised to find a blue envelope inside his mailbox. He takes a deep breath, grabbing it and for a moment he considers going upstairs as well, but he’s not patient enough.

He opens it.

There are only five words written on it. However, those five words cheer him up so much that he doesn’t know what to do with himself.

He already wants to know who it could be.

Just five words.