Waiting for him

Love House

Hello everybody!

Thanks for coming back another week... I dunno how I feel about this chapter, but it's something.

lol.

Hope you enjoy.

....

...

..

.

Kyungsoo.

The day is here.

Kyungsoo is so nervous he thinks he’ll break. He doesn’t have a clear idea of what to do, and with the matching session breathing on his neck, his brain is filling with doubt and insecurity. It should be easy. They always made it seem so easy over the past seasons. This is when he realizes maybe all previous contestants were probably also very nervous.

What is he going to do if the person he chooses picks someone else?

To be fair, they still have three weeks left, so nothing is set in stone. However, what if that weekend together determines the rest of the show? He has too much anxiety about this kind of situation and nobody to talk him through it.

In other news, when he walks down the stairs that morning, he realizes that’s not the only problem they have. The silence that is engulfing the house is almost uncomfortable, the tension so thick they could cut it with a knife. Everyone is downstairs. Sehun is sitting in the living room going through his phone, Baekhyun is absentmindedly drinking a cup of coffee in the kitchen and Chanyeol and Jongin were stretching near the glass doors, apparently getting ready to run.

Jongin is wearing a tank top and for a moment Kyungsoo is distracted by the tanned skin covered in tattoos for more than he will admit.

They make eye contact and they both smile almost instantly.

Kyungsoo holds his stare for longer. He can see the way Jongin is blushing even in the distance, and he looks away trying to hide it, but he knows. He knows Kyungsoo noticed.

And it’s cute.

It’s hella cute.

Kyungsoo walks into the kitchen. He usually wakes up a bit later when the weekend approaches, so he’s not surprised Baekhyun made coffee this morning. He pours a cup for himself. It’s stronger than he would’ve made it, but it serves the purpose of waking him up. Kyungsoo gives Baekhyun a smile when the man finally notices he’s standing there.

“Hey, good morning.” Kyungsoo takes a sip as he looks for something quick to make for breakfast.

“Good morning to you too.” Baekhyun’s tone is cheerful, and Kyungsoo doesn’t know if the good mood is real or not. Should he pretend nothing happened? Should he ask? He doesn’t know him that well, but he has the feeling Baekhyun has quite the temper. “Want to go out today?”

Those few words stopped time.

Kyungsoo blinks, not saying anything right away. He glances over at Jongin and Chanyeol. The first one was staring while the second one was ignoring them. However, considering that he stopped stretching, he was more than likely just pretending.

“Uh, sure. Where are we going?” Kyungsoo scratches the back of his head. It’s not like he can say no. They are filming a dating show after all. It probably won’t affect his decision later that day.

Baekhyun shrugs. “Wherever the wind takes us.”

Kyungsoo shoots Jongin and Chanyeol a quick look, but they’re heading out the door. He sighs. The moment Chanyeol is gone, part of the tension in the room dissipates. It’s like they can’t be even in the same space together. Kyungsoo just keeps wondering what the heck happened.

Sehun approaches them.

“Is this a date, or can I tag along?” He grabs some orange juice and Baekhyun smiles in return.

“Aren’t you cute? Of course, you can come.” Baekhyun finishes his coffee and washes the mug. “I’ll go take a shower.” He waves at them, heading upstairs, skipping one step at a time.

Kyungsoo concludes that his good mood is not real. He’s pretending too.

When Baekhyun is gone, both Kyungsoo and Sehun allow themselves to breathe properly.

“Thank God, I was afraid to even turn on the TV,” Sehun says. “What do you think happened?”

Kyungsoo shrugs. “I don’t know, but whatever it is, they’ll have to at least figure out a way to be polite with each other, or else the living situation will be unbearable.”

“I don’t want to go through another morning like this…” Sehun sighs.

“We’ll see.”

Baekhyun ends up taking Kyungsoo and Sehun shopping. Buying things for both regardless of how many times Kyungsoo tells him he doesn’t have to. Sehun, however, accepts everything with a smile. Kyungsoo doesn’t know how to bring the subject to the table. Baekhyun is trying his best to ignore it, but they can’t just ignore it forever. He’ll have to talk about it, eventually.

When they sit down to eat and send Sehun to get food is when Kyungsoo finally gathers some courage. He takes a deep breath before he starts.

“I’m not asking because I want to be mean or anything. However, I’m worried about the time we have left in the house together.” He says, his fingers fidgeting as he tries to put his thoughts into words. “You don’t have to give me details, but what happened?”

Baekhyun sighs, gazing down at his shopping bags, stare lost in space. A moment passes by before he speaks again. “We just don’t have as many things in common. We disagreed on something and then something else and after that, it grew until we just couldn’t be in the same room anymore.” He chuckles. “I’m stubborn and hot-headed and apparently he is too… so I guess I should say we have too much in common.”

“You disagreed on something?” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. What on earth could trigger such an argument? They were fine when they left.

“Yeah, just… stuff… he’s the judgmental type and I can get defensive easily.” Baekhyun shrugs. “One thing led to another.”

Kyungsoo nods. Whatever it was, Baekhyun obviously doesn’t want to talk about it, so Kyungsoo doesn’t push further. “I see, well you guys should have a decent conversation and at the very least agree to disagree. The tension this morning was hard.”

Baekhyun sighs. “I will, just maybe not today.”

“It’s still pretty recent, so I guess it’s okay.” Kyungsoo agrees.

“Let’s stop talking about him. Tell me how your date went.” Baekhyun leans forward over the table.

“Oh well,” the speed at which his lips curve into a smile at the mere thought surprises even Kyungsoo. “We had dinner and watched a band performing live.”

“That sounds like him,” Baekhyun smirks.

Kyungsoo nods. “But it was nice. We had a pleasant conversation, and the food was good. Also, his sister works there, so we met.”

“You met his sister?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen.

“Sister?” Sehun blinks, confused when he finally sits down with their food on a tray.

“Kyungsoo met Jongin’s family, apparently.” Baekhyun rests his chin on his hand as he waits for more information.

“Just his sister, not a big deal… Looks like he didn’t know she would be there. Either way, it was nice.” Kyungsoo shrugs, grabbing his food.

Baekhyun hums. “It does sound nice. Do you mind if I ask him out? I’m curious.”

Kyungsoo hesitates.

Does he mind? He didn’t care at all when Baekhyun and Chanyeol were going on a date. However, now he doesn’t know what he feels about it.

“That’s what we’re here for, right?” He shrugs, and he keeps telling that to himself. They’re supposed to really get to know everybody. See who they’re truly compatible with. He doesn’t really care.

Right?

“Cool then. I’ll ask him and see what he says.”

“Fine.”

“Fine,” Baekhyun smirks.

“Cool.”

“Cool.”

  • - -

“Wow”

Silence.

“That was something,” Jongdae says with a sigh, resting against his chair.

Yixing nods. “A lot happened, so let’s rewind a little bit. Jongin and Kyungsoo’s date first.”

Minseok laughs. “I knew you would go there.”

“They were cute. I saw some chemistry there for sure.” Jongdae smiles. “I think it was a very adorable first date.”

“Do you think they have the potential to last?” Minseok leans back in his chair as well.

“It’s only week one, so it’s too soon to tell, but the odds are in their favor if they choose each other today,” Jongdae replies.

“Now, we had a cute date and a disaster date,” Yixing says. “I don’t think we’ve had any disaster dates since season one.”

Minseok runs a hand through his hair. “Oh yeah, Minho and Taemin… that one was bad.”

“It was bad, but at least their tempers are not as explosive as these two. Baekhyun made it look like a kindergarten fight over crayons if I’m being honest.” Yixing says.

“Mr. Zhang!” Jongdae laughs.

“Did I lie?”

“Not really… I heard Minho and Taemin are moving in together though so, Chanyeol and Baekhyun could turn this around.” Minseok says.

“I don’t see how,” Jongdae shakes his head. “Although, is it just me or Sehun is just in the middle of everything?”

Yixing nods. “It seems he hasn’t clicked with anybody like that yet. I’ll make my predictions now. He won’t be going to the Love Villa soon.”

Jongdae playfully pushes him. “You don’t know that. What if he and Baekhyun choose each other just to leave Chanyeol by himself?”

“That would be mean. I hope they work things out.” Minseok chuckles. “So do we all agree Kyungsoo and Jongin are the best candidates for the Love Villa so far?”

“We do.” The other two say in unison.

“Unless…”

  • -    -

 

Kyungsoo stares at his suitcase for what feels like an eternity. He’s been waiting for ages for someone to give him a sign, anything, to let him know if he was chosen or not. The producers of the show gave them each a red card earlier with their names on them and instructed them each to one-by-one deposit them in the corresponding mailbox to the person they wanted to leave with.

Kyungsoo delivered his hours ago.

Or was it just a few minutes ago?

He’s so nervous he can’t tell.

Regardless of the outcome of today, his brain and his heart agree for once and he followed both. If it doesn’t happen, then that means it probably wasn’t meant to be, or they just need more time to get to know each other. Who knows?

Maybe the fact that he has been waiting inside his room for this long means it won’t happen. At least not today.

He would have other opportunities.

Unless…

Do Kyungsoo, please grab your suitcase and go downstairs.

He was called.

He got his sign.

Kyungsoo’s heart skips a beat, and he takes a deep breath before he stands up to do as he was told. Somehow, his legs are shaking. Making his way out of his room and towards the stairs, he feels his heart pounding in his chest. Could it really be that they picked each other?

They chose each other.

When he reaches the last step and sees him standing by the entrance, blushed cheeks, right foot nervously tapping the floor, is when he finally lets his body relax. There is he is. Standing there waiting.

Waiting for him.

Their eyes connect. Kyungsoo’s stomach does a weird tumble that he doesn’t want to think too much about yet. He doesn’t want to identify what he’s feeling. He just wants to feel it.

Jongin smiles at him, holding on to his own suitcase. His hair is down and only dry halfway. He’s wearing his typical band t-shirt and jeans. Kyungsoo returns the gesture as he closes the space between them.

“Hi.”

“Hey.”

They both smile, looking away for a split second before their eyes find their way back to each other.

“So… ready?” Kyungsoo asks. He can tell by Jongin’s eyes, he’s debating once again if he should hold his hand or not, so he does the job for him and reaches out to hold his free hand.

Jongin blushes furiously, clearing his throat and nodding. “Ready.”

Going to the Love Villa together could change everything for better or for worse, but Kyungsoo had a feeling they would be just fine.

 

...

..

.

Twitter: @VanillaNini1