The Reunion

Love House

“Hello everyone, this is Love house! I’m your host Kim Jongdae and I’m joined by…”

“Kim Minseok.”

“Zhang Yixing.”

“Welcome to our special reunion episode.” Jongdae smiles. “We’re beyond excited today.”

Minseok nods. “It’s been a few months since the last episode was recorded and today we brought the cast with us to the studio.”

“We’ll be talking and reliving their moments on the show, hearing their thoughts, and checking on what they’re up to now,” Yixing says, a dimpled smile on full display. “Please welcome the cast of Love House, everybody.”

One by one, all six walk out into the studio, smiling at the cameras and the clapping producers as they sit down on the sofas on each side of their hosts. Jongin and Kyungsoo sit together, Baekhyun and Chanyeol do the same and so do Sehun and Junmyeon.

Jongdae smiles as he claps. “Welcome everyone. How does it feel to be at the studio for the first time?”

They eye each other to see who will answer, who in the end turns out to be Baekhyun.

“Well, I can only speak for myself, but this is exciting. I’ve been watching you guys comment on everything as the show progressed and I honestly wanted to meet you.”

Minseok chuckles. “Really? Who did you want to meet the most?”

“If I’m being honest, it has to be you, Hyung.” Baekhyun laughs. “Every week you gave me the impression that you were looking for chaos and I love that.”

Minseok smiles, pleased.

Yixing nods. “He sprinkles chaos everywhere he goes.”

Jongdae turns to Sehun and Junmyeon. “What about the rest of you?”

“We’re equally excited about this. I didn’t even think we would get to interact with you guys at all.” Junmyeon says.

“That’s what the reunion episodes are for.” Jongdae smiles. “We’ve seen so much of you guys over the course of the show that we feel like we know all of you.” He then faces Kyungsoo and Jongin. “I want to hear how it has been now that the show has aired. Are things normal, or has it gone crazy?”

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Oh, well, after the first few episodes, a ton of people followed us on social media. We couldn’t post anything because of obvious reasons but it was funny to see people commenting on the show and giving their thoughts.”

Jongin nods. “After I revealed what my job was, my tattoo shop received a lot of attention. So, I’m grateful for that.”

“Really?” Minseok leans forward to look at him. “Are people getting a tattoo just to see you?”

“Some of them are. Others just told me they were watching the show and went on with their days.” Jongin smiles.

“I’m sure all of you have been affected by the exposure,” Yixing says.

“I have a bunch of people asking me to train them, so for sure it had a positive impact,” Chanyeol says. “Especially because we have our own businesses, at least most of us.”

Baekhyun smirks. “He’s fine because he likes the attention.”

Chanyeol scoffs. “As if you don’t.”

“I want to ask how it has impacted your love life, but before I have to ask… are you guys still together?” Jongdae looks at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who in turn, exchange a look.

“We are still together.” Baekhyun eventually says. “We did take a break after the show, mostly because things didn’t seem to go the way we wanted them to, returning to our daily routines, but he can’t live without me so here we are.”

Chanyeol chuckles. “I won’t deny it because it’s true.” He says, which earns him a kiss on the cheek.

“What about you guys?” Minseok asks Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“We’re still together,” Kyungsoo nods with a smile. “First thing we did when we went back was trying to agree on how we were going to make it work. It was difficult at first, but we found a balance.”

“Soo introduced me to his family too,” Jongin adds. A proud grin spread across his face.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “And my mother adores him. I think if we ever break up, she’ll be even more heartbroken than me.”

“But we won’t.” Jongin frowns.

Kyungsoo laughs, patting his cheek. “Of course not.”

“Thank God, cause otherwise we would’ve had Yixing crying mid-episode,” Minseok comments, making the rest of them laugh.

“We saw he was rooting for us from day one.” Kyungsoo nods.

“I just thought they had chemistry, and I was right.” Yixing crosses his arms over his chest.

“What about our remaining pair?” Jongdae asks. “Have you guys found love after Love House? Are you still single?”

Junmyeon and Sehun glance at each other for a few seconds.

“We’re… kind of seeing each other now,” Junmyeon says, receiving nothing but gasps around him.

“You’re dating?” Minseok’s eyes widen.

“We spent a lot of time together towards the end of the show…” Junmyeon nods. “We got very close actually, so after we finished filming we kept hanging out, and things… just happened.”

Sehun nods. “It started as a support group at first, but we found out we have a lot in common.”

Jongdae raises a hand to his chest. “That is adorable. I love that. We got three couples in the end.”

“I wonder what changed since you were both obviously interested in other people while filming the show,” Minseok says.

“I guess we just took the time to get to know each other better.” Junmyeon shrugs. “Our focus was on other people, so we didn’t really see potential in each other until we only had each other.”

Sehun pinches his cheek affectionately. “We just needed that push.”

“And what a push it was. Throughout the weeks we watched the struggle, for each of you to pursue someone who wasn’t totally reciprocating. Jongin, for example, knew almost from the beginning who he was going to choose.” Jongdae says.

“Even when we didn’t think he would. I remember that episode where you guys were forced to choose someone else for that Love Villa weekend.” Yixing adds.

Kyungsoo nods. “I think that weekend really settled everything for me.” He sighs. “I kept thinking that even when I was invested, he didn’t have to be and that of course, he would explore other options, despite what he said. However, that was the first time I really thought I should just trust his words and his feelings.”

Jongin shakes his head. “I did not decide on anything by being logical. I just followed my heart all the time.”

“Which sometimes I guess can lead to you being impulsive,” Minseok says.

Jongin nods. “That’s true. I’ve been working on it a lot.” He smiles, holding Kyungsoo’s hand in his. “And he’s been helping me as well.”

Yixing smiles. “I’m glad to hear that.”

Minseok huffs. “Of course you are.”

“Let me live.” Yixing sighs, but he smiles, nonetheless.

“What I was really curious about too was how Baekhyun and Chanyeol would handle things… they didn’t seem to get along very well at first.” Jongdae turns to the couple in question.

“Uh… we didn’t. I think when our fight aired half of my friends called me.” Baekhyun scratches the back of his head nervously. “I’ve seen a lot of comments about it online, mostly negative. However, that’s something we’ve managed to resolve.”

“We’re both very loud and impulsive, which can sometimes get in the way of communicating.” Chanyeol nods. “Which is basically what it was, miscommunication. We’ve learned to listen and understand each other too.”

“Has there ever been a moment where outside opinions have affected your relationship?” Minseok questions.

“I don’t let anyone else influence what I do or want.” Baekhyun shrugs. “If I want to be with him I will and contrary to what most might believe, we get along very well now.”

Chanyeol simply smirks, wrapping an arm around Baekhyun.

“Strong declarations on the Love House reunion episode.” Minseok smiles.

Jongdae laughs. “Lastly, I wanted to ask… thinking back on the first time you guys walked into the Love House, what are your biggest lessons learned?”

The group hesitates as they ponder on the answer.

“I think… that second chances can be a good thing,” Baekhyun says.

“Letting others help you doesn’t mean you’re a burden, it means they care,” Jongin adds.

Junmyeon smiles. “The best things can come from places you never expect.”

Kyungsoo nods. “And that this show can not only give you a partner but also… great friends.”

Kyungsoo

“Give me the bottle.” Baekhyun frowns at the soju bottle sitting at the other end of the table.

“I think you’ve had enough for today.” Chanyeol chuckles and shakes his head when Junmyeon leans forward to reach for it.

“We’re supposed to be having fun today!” Baekhyun purses his lips slightly, making Chanyeol smile.

“You’re having fun, regardless.”

Kyungsoo laughs, shaking his head as he takes a sip of his own glass. As they promised before going to the studio, they went for drinks after the interview, and watching Baekhyun getting gradually more drunk while Chanyeol tries to take care of him has been hilarious.

“How did we get here?” Kyungsoo chuckles. He glances at a half-asleep Jongin next to him. He’s resting his head on the table, mumbling things Kyungsoo can’t understand. Jongin usually holds his alcohol well, however, whenever he was in the same room with Baekhyun, things often got out of hand.

“I don’t know,” Chanyeol sighs. “I already see myself patting his back in the morning when he vomits his life away.”

Junmyeon chuckles. “At least he does that. Sehun becomes an unapproachable creature.” Despite his words, he brushes Sehun’s hair back with his fingers. The guy has been staring at the space for several minutes now.

“Jongin always says he’ll never get this drunk again, but I don’t know what happens when he’s in the same room with Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo complains. Don’t get him wrong, it’s funny to see every time, however it worries him sometimes to what lengths they can go.

Chanyeol laughs. “Baekhyun thinks Jongin gets competitive because he’s your best friend.”

“That’s ridiculous.” Kyungsoo shakes his head. It’s not possible.

“I think so too…” Junmyeon says. “They’re just fighting for your attention. In different ways.”

Kyungsoo sighs, looking down at Jongin. It’s ridiculous to even think, however, he has to admit it sort of makes sense. Not that it matters because Baekhyun would always be his best friend and Jongin would always be…

His Jongin.

There’s a difference.

“What is he even mumbling?” Kyungsoo gets closer to see if he can catch any of the words coming out of Jongin’s mouth.

Junmyeon leans over the table. “I think it’s… Spanish.”

Chanyeol frowns. “Since when does he speak Spanish?”

Kyungsoo blinks. “I have absolutely no idea.”

 

.....

...

..

.

Twitter: VanillaNini1