Back to normal

Love House

Kyungsoo.

The next morning isn’t as awkward as Kyungsoo thought it would be. Not with him and Jongin, at least. After that weekend together, he feels like they’re a lot closer to each other. However, having gone to the Love Villa together, he thought it would be weird, at least with the rest of them. Waking up and finding Sehun and Baekhyun in the living room, just chilling and talking to him, normally made him realize how stupid he was being.

Everything was just the same.

And he was relieved.

Kyungsoo walks into the kitchen to make the most anticipated morning coffee since both Sehun and Baekhyun decided they were too lazy to do it. Everyone had stayed up late to talk to the new guy. It was becoming a tradition at this point. They listened to everything the guy would say and to be honest, he seemed very nice.

There was something there, though.

Something…

“Good morning, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo snaps out of his trance, turning to the sound of his name being called. He smiles when he sees Jongin approaching. His heart flutters in his chest. He thinks he’ll have to contain it from flying away soon.

“Good morning,” Kyungsoo looks away, trying to hide his smile the best he can.

“Breakfast?” Jongin stands next to him, gazing at the coffee machine.

“Haven’t decided yet.” Kyungsoo shrugs.

“I’ll help you then.” Jongin smiles, opening the fridge to see what they have. They needed to go grocery shopping soon.

The sound of footsteps echoed around them and then Chanyeol bolts into the kitchen, linking an arm with Jongin. He’s frowning, and he whispers something Kyungsoo can’t hear. Suddenly Jongin turns to look at him and he frowns, pulling his arm out of the deadly grip Chanyeol has on it. Jongin glances over at where Baekhyun and Sehun are sitting and sighs.

“I told you what you had to do, so go do it.” Jongin says. He turns back to the fridge when Chanyeol begins to protest. Jongin narrows his eyes at him and gestures towards the living room. “Go… and don’t come back until you’re done.”

Kyungsoo blinks at the interaction. Jongin has been nothing but sweetness and blushed cheeks with him so far, so watching him being like this with Chanyeol makes him see that he truly doesn’t know him that well yet.

Chanyeol sulks and glances at the other two in the living room before heading over there. He says something to Baekhyun and the other stands up a few seconds later. They both walk to the backyard and Sehun looks back at them with a question mark all over his face.

Kyungsoo shrugs.

Jongin pulls a few things out of the fridge. “What do you think about chocolate pancakes?”

“That sounds good.” Kyungsoo smiles.

“Ew, you two sound like a couple already. I’m out.” Sehun stands up and runs upstairs.

Kyungsoo chuckles. “He’s so silly.”

Jongin nods. However, his ears are turning a bright shade of red as he makes the pancake mix. Kyungsoo stares at him for a moment. His brain works incredibly fast.

He wants to try something.

“Jongin?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you glare at me?”

Jongin blinks, his whisk falling into the mix. “Huh?”

“Glare at me… Pretend you’re mad. I just want to see something.” Kyungsoo chuckles. He’s unable to keep a straight face.

Jongin frowns. “Uh… wait, really?”

“Yes! Glare at me. Just once.” He lifts his index finger to emphasize.

“What? No… why would I?”

“You glared at Chanyeol just now. Why can’t you do it with me?” Kyungsoo laughs a bit. Jongin’s face is turning a bright red now too.

“Because I don’t have a reason to do it?”

Kyungsoo shifts his weight from one foot to the other. “Then you can’t help me with breakfast. Go sit down.”

Jongin looks so offended that Kyungsoo almost regrets saying that. His bottom lip is sticking out so cutely and he wrinkles his nose. Jongin sighs before he looks up at Soo, narrowing his eyes in a halfhearted glare.

Kyungsoo laughs. “That’s good enough. You can stay.”

Jongin lets out a sigh again, moving around the kitchen. “You’re so weird.”

They make breakfast together, with Kyungsoo occasionally bothering Jongin and the other just giving in every time. It’s fun. Kyungsoo is so surprised by how comfortable he is around Jongin in such a short amount of time.

Their personalities match so well.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun eventually come back in from the backyard. They don’t look all that happy, but also not as tense as they did before. Jongin and Kyungsoo share a look and smile at each other in unison. At least it’s a step to not be enemies living in the same house.

Kyungsoo calls in for breakfast and soon Sehun and Junmyeon join them.

Junmyeon finds a spot next to Jongin and Sehun finds one next to Junmyeon.

“So, what are you guys up to today?” Baekhyun asks.

“Work,” Sehun says.

“Work.” Chanyeol nods.

Jongin blinks. “I am free all morning.” He glances at Kyungsoo. “I have something to tell you later, by the way.”

Kyungsoo simply nods.

“Wait, what is this? You guys have secret codes already?” Baekhyun points at them with his fork. Kyungsoo can tell he’s amused by his tone.

Jongin shakes his head. “It’s something about my work… I would share it with everybody but…”

“Oh… pick me next weekend, I want to know.” Sehun mentions.

Jongin chuckles, but his eyes land on Kyungsoo once more.

“I don’t think he will, Sehunnie… I’m so sorry.” Baekhyun says.

“Would you pick me then, Hyung?” Sehun cleans his plate and leans back in his chair.

“You know what? Let’s do it. I’ll pick you and let’s live the good life together.” Baekhyun smiles, completely unaware of the look Chanyeol sends him.

They keep chit-chatting for a while until it’s time for some of them to head to work. In all honesty, Kyungsoo has been so out of touch with work for the past couple of days that he doesn’t know what’s going on with his business. It’s time he goes back to it. Make sure it’s running smoothly.

“I have to go shopping for some stuff today,” Junmyeon speaks for the first time all morning. He picks up his plate and turns to Jongin, who’s doing the same. Reaching out, he holds on to Jongin’s shirt gently. Expectant eyes looking directly at him. “Care to join me? I need a second opinion on a few things.”

Kyungsoo is pushing his chair back into place when he hears this. Junmyeon is still not letting go as the silence extends over them. Kyungsoo’s not dating Jongin, he has to remember that. Jongin doesn’t really owe him anything. Especially not any kind of loyalty when they’re both on a dating show. They’re still in the Love House, for God’s sake.

However, why is Kyungsoo’s stomach burning?

“Uh…” Jongin blinks, and his eyes glance at everyone around him before he nods. “Sure.”

Junmyeon rewards him with a bright smile. “Sounds good. I’ll be back down in ten minutes.”

Jongin clears his throat when Junmyeon is out of sight. He turns to Kyungsoo. “I just… I don’t want to be…”

Kyungsoo sighs, patting his arm. “It’s fine. I know.”

He doesn’t want to be rude. Kyungsoo can tell.

Jongin sighs, looking relieved. “We’ll talk later then?”

Kyungsoo nods, smiling. He grabs the few plates left and heads to load the dishwasher. He doesn’t realize that Baekhyun is standing behind him until he hears his voice.

“Are you really okay with that?”

Kyungsoo jumps slightly. Hand flying to his chest. “What?”

“Are you okay with that, sir? And don’t bull me… after a date, I know you enough to notice.” Baekhyun chuckles. “You were okay with me dating Chanyeol, but the moment I mentioned taking Jongin out on a date, you made a face.”

Kyungsoo frowns. “I did not make a face.”

“Yes, you did. You didn’t like it and I could tell.” Baekhyun crosses his arms over his chest. “How was it with him over the weekend?”

“It was nice…” Kyungsoo runs a hand over his hair, sighing. “It’s comfortable and fun and more than I expected.”

“Then, if him going out with other people bothers you, you should communicate.” Baekhyun gestures at the stairs where Jongin and Junmyeon had disappeared. “He won’t know how serious you are until you do.”

“The thing is, I don’t want to make things awkward for him.” He doesn’t want to rush things. “Dating people is the reason we’re doing this… right?”

“We’re not here to date people. We’re here to find someone special.” Baekhyun pats his head, walking towards the stairs as he says this. “And it looks like you already did.”

 

...

Twitter: @VanillaNini1