Lovebirds

Love House

Waking up next to Jongin wasn’t at all awkward. Not a single moment of it was awkward.

Not one bit.

Okay, perhaps he’s lying, and it was kind of awkward. However, what else could anybody expect? He asked Jongin to stay with him practically on impulse the night before, right after they sort of made up, yet there’s still some distance between them that needs to be closed. Maybe his brain thought it would help them get closer if they slept on the same bed.

And maybe he was wrong.

Not that it made things worse either, it was just different. Neither of them was used to this and it would take some adjusting, but they were going to be fine. At least Kyungsoo thought so.

Jongin helped with breakfast as always and washed the dishes when they were done eating. Right after, they had some coffee in the backyard. Taking a moment to absorb nature and relax a bit. They talked about what life would look like again once they were back in the house and then out of it.

“Isn’t it crazy that our time on the show is almost over?” Kyungsoo asks, taking a sip of his coffee. Jongin looks at him with a blank stare for a moment, but then just as he processes the words, a frown hovers over his face. “This is our last weekend here.”

“Is it?” Jongin looks around, taking a deep breath. “What’s going to happen when we go back?”

That’s the big question. How’s it going to be once they’re back to regularly working, and meeting their family and friends? Living the lives they had before joining the show?

“I don’t know.” And that’s the truth. Nobody knows.

Jongin hums, stare fading into the distance. “Maybe… I can visit your restaurant.”

He can’t tell because he’s distracted, but Kyungsoo smiles at this. “I would like that.” He nods. “And maybe I can go see your next performance.”

Jongin chuckles. “Sounds good.”

“I can show you my place too… maybe watch movies like we do here.” Kyungsoo clears his throat and Jongin grins at him.

“Deal,” he sighs. “I think we should take it one step at a time. Not stress about it and just see how it goes.”

“I agree.”

“And no matter how it goes… I like you.” Jongin bites his bottom lip, cheeks flushing. “I like your sense of humor, and your kind personality, and I surely love your food.”

Kyungsoo is a bit surprised by the confession, not because he didn’t know, but because it came out of nowhere. He wasn’t expecting it. He feels his cheeks warm up as well.

“And I would love to stay in your life after this, either as friends or… something more.”

Kyungsoo smiles. “I would like that too.”

Kyungsoo felt a lot more cheerful coming back to the house. It’s amazing how the Love Villa turned things around for him every time he went. Jongin follows close behind as they drop their shoes at the entrance and place their suitcases next to the stairs. He can’t help but notice the other two suitcases as well.

A quick scan around gave him all the information he needed to know.

The cute drawings by the entrance board, the goofy handwriting, which unmistakably belonged to Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s forgotten jacket is on the couch. Kyungsoo smiles when he sees them in the backyard, beyond the glass doors. They’re smiling and talking and teasing each other by the looks of it.

Baekhyun followed his heart.

And if the smile on his face is any indicator, he won.

Jongin stands behind him, watching the pair curiously. “Since when are they on good terms.”

“Oh, things happened while you were gone.” Kyungsoo bites back a smile as he heads to the kitchen to get some water. Jongin frowns, confused as he follows.

“Things?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Kyungsoo glances at the stairs. “Does that mean Sehun and Junmyeon spent the weekend alone?”

Before Jongin gets to say anything, the doors to the backyard open and Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s loud voices fill the space.

“Oh, the lovebirds are back?” Baekhyun says as they walk over. Kyungsoo chuckles and shakes his head at his friend.

“You have some nerve to be calling us lovebirds.” Kyungsoo raises a mischievous eyebrow.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchange a look, quickly looking away right after.

“Meet me at our secret meeting spot,” Baekhyun says as he grabs his suitcase and starts walking upstairs.

Jongin and Chanyeol raise an eyebrow at Kyungsoo.

“He means his room.” He chuckles as he follows Baekhyun upstairs and drags his own suitcase. Before he goes to their ‘secret spot’, he drops it in his room.

Baekhyun is sitting on his bed, just staring at the wall when he walks in. He can only guess the weekend either cleared his doubts or planted more. Considering how he was freaking out before they left, Kyungsoo really couldn’t tell which one was it.

“So?” Kyungsoo sits next to him, making Baekhyun blink out of his trance.

“So.”

“You went with Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo smiles.

“I did.”

“Did you have a good time?”

“I did.” Baekhyun sighs.

“You figured it out.”

Baekhyun chuckles and nods. “I did. Don’t get me wrong, we drive each other crazy.” He rolls his eyes. “But we also drive each other crazy, if you know what I mean.”

“I think I know what you mean. You two have powerful personalities, but you just need to learn to work it out.”

“I think we’re on our way there…” Baekhyun smiles. “He’s actually kind of fun… now that only leaves…”

“Sehun.”

Baekhyun nods. “He left with Junmyeon, apparently.”

Kyungsoo thinks he heard wrong for a moment. “Wait what?”

“I know, right?! It’s surprising.” Baekhyun lifts one shoulder into a half shrug.

“Maybe he had the feeling you were going to choose Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo offers. Until Friday, Sehun didn’t look interested in anybody other than Baekhyun.

“Maybe… it doesn’t matter now. This is our last week here, so as soon as they get back we should start our planning our farewell party.”

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows. “What?”

“You know, we won’t be roomies anymore.” Baekhyun chuckles. “What am I going to do without your food, your coffee, and your precious advice every day?”

Kyungsoo bursts into laughter. “I’m sure you’ll be fine. Besides… we can still be friends after. Hang out and stuff.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widen, almost as if he never took that into consideration. “You’re right.”

“I always am. Now let’s go back downstairs. I’ll prepare something so you don’t miss my food so often.”

Baekhyun pushes Kyungsoo playfully before he wraps an arm around his shoulders with a smile. Truth to be told, Kyungsoo was going to miss him living with him too.

Junmyeon and Sehun arrive a while later. Everything feels normal, mostly. Even as Sehun and Baekhyun talk, they don’t look as awkward as Kyungsoo thought they would be. However, there is some sadness hiding behind Sehun’s eyes that only confirms Kyungsoo’s suspicion. He knew Baekhyun wasn’t going to choose him. Regardless, they talk as normally as they can. Which makes Kyungsoo happy. Maybe the group can remain friends, even after the show is over.

Jongin offered to help him as always, which Kyungsoo is used to at this point and they move around the kitchen as they make food for everybody. Baekhyun can’t stop talking about his farewell party and the rest just listen with knowing smiles on their faces.

Chanyeol eventually walks into the kitchen, peeking over Jongin’s shoulder. “Is it done yet?”

“No, go sit down.” Jongin sighs. “It’ll be done soon.”

“Let me taste then.”

“Park Chanyeol… go sit down.”

“Kim Jongin, let me just taste a bit… I’m hungry.”

Jongin sighs, turning to glare at the taller man. “I’m going to give you five seconds.”

Chanyeol frowns. “But-”

“Five, four…”

Chanyeol immediately runs off to the living room. Jongin takes a deep breath as he returns to what he’s doing. It takes him two seconds to realize Kyungsoo is staring at him.

“Are you going to ask me to glare at you?” Jongin sighs once again, hand on his hip.

Kyungsoo giggles. “No.” He bites back his smile. “I was going to ask you to give me a countdown. It was kind of hot.”

Jongin laughs and shakes his head. Ignoring Kyungsoo. “You are so weird.”

“You have no idea.”