Happy

Love House

Kyungsoo

“There’s another store on the sixth floor. Let’s check it out.” Baekhyun says as they walk towards the elevator.

A tired sigh leaves Kyungsoo’s lips for the fourth time in the past twenty minutes. They’ve been walking around the mall for over an hour and a half, looking for the perfect outfit. Or at least the perfect outfit in Baekhyun’s mind.

“Can we take a break first?” Sehun rests his body against Junmyeon’s as they wait for the elevator to arrive. Junmyeon chuckles, patting his head. “I’m hungry.”

“We’ll rest once we all have our outfits for tonight.”

Kyungsoo could argue. He had clothes back at home that he could wear. Maybe they wouldn’t fit the live rock performance vibe, but they’re still clothes.

“That could take a while.” Sehun whines.

“Let’s at least get something to drink,” Kyungsoo says. “I’m dehydrating.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “You’re a bunch of babies. Fine… let’s go to the food court.”

Sehun sends Kyungsoo a thankful look when the elevator finally arrives. After Jongin invited the entire group to his next band performance, Baekhyun has been on get-ready mode. Luckily Chanyeol had work and Jongin had to prepare for the show that night, so they ran from the storm Byun Baekhyun is.

That leaves the rest of them to put up with him.

They step into the elevator and Baekhyun presses the button for the food court. Kyungsoo must admit, that even with this torture, he’s still excited about that night. He has only seen Jongin perform once and the group would be going together as well, which he was sure would make things fun. According to Jongin, they were performing at a bigger venue than last time, so it would fit the people attending.

It’s surreal just how popular his band is.

“We have to work up a plan, like are we having dinner before we leave? Are we eating after the show?” Baekhyun leans against the glass wall of the elevator.

“I think it would be smart to have dinner before,” Junmyeon says. “We can go somewhere before the show.”

Baekhyun pulls out his phone. “I’ll look for a nice place then.”

There’s silence for a moment as the elevator stops a few floors before their destination to let other people in.

“How about we go to Soo Hyung’s restaurant,” Sehun suggests. “I’m curious to see what it’s like.”

Baekhyun gasps. “That’s a great idea!”

They all turn to look at Kyungsoo with expectant faces. All he can do is chuckle and nod.

“I’ll take you. You’ve already tried my cooking, but maybe you can find something in our menu you’ll like.”

Baekhyun wraps an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “Then it’s decided.”

Kyungsoo smiles.

“Now we have to work harder to find the perfect outfit.” Baekhyun says.

Sehun throws his head back into the glass. “Someone, help.”

Junmyeon chuckles, patting Sehun’s head. “You’ll be alright.”

They get something to eat under Baekhyun’s attentive stare and soon return to their original mission. Several stores and outfit changes later, they finally head back.

They’re exhausted when they get home, however, there isn’t too much time to lose before they need to get ready. Jongin is out, still getting details ready before he gets back to get changed. In the meantime, Kyungsoo makes some iced tea to help everyone relax a bit before the new storm begins. In Baekhyun’s world, going to a rock-type live performance means he has to look like a bandmate himself. Which is funny if you ask Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol hovers around Baekhyun for a while, trying to see what he bought, but Baekhyun keeps dismissing him, saying he’ll see once he’s changed. Meanwhile, Sehun is sitting on the couch, drinking his iced tea while Junmyeon does the same, humming the pina colada song.

This is one of their last days living together and Kyungsoo can confidently say they have enjoyed every moment together. Even small moments like these are fun, where everyone is just hanging out. They don’t really need too much to have a good time. Out of impulse, Kyungsoo pulls his phone out of his pocket and snaps a picture of everyone. Neither of them notices, which just makes it better.

He’ll upload it after the show is done airing.

“Alright, kids!” Baekhyun grabs his bags. “I’ll need longer to get ready, so I’ll go upstairs first.”

“How long before we have to send a rescue team?” Sehun chuckles from the couch.

“Oh Sehun, let me remind you I know a few things… you better be nice to me.”

“Sir, yes, sir.”

Kyungsoo chuckles. He’s going to miss this.

A few hours later, once he’s ready, Kyungsoo grabs his things and walks downstairs. He’s wearing a simple black t-shirt, with some dark jeans and a nice jacket Baekhyun made him buy. He walks into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water. Luckily Sehun and Junmyeon are ready, sitting in the living room as they watch whatever it’s on TV.

Chanyeol runs downstairs, skipping a few steps here and there as Kyungsoo takes a sip of his water. He’s dressed similarly to Kyungsoo, which makes him feel better about not dressing up a bit more. Kyungsoo spots Jongin behind him, which surprises him a bit, because he never saw him get back. That sentiment increases when he notices what the other man is wearing.

Having seen Jongin in a leather crop top before does not minimize the impact of it. It’s a yellow and black one this time. It complements him well. As always, Kyungsoo’s sneaky eyes can’t help but peek at the tanned abs, but he gathers himself before Jongin walks into the kitchen. He’s holding a hoodie, just as Kyungsoo expected.

“Are we all ready?” Jongin grabs a bottle of water from the fridge as well.

“We’re waiting for Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo chuckles.

Jongin simply shakes his head.

“Wow!” Sehun raises an eyebrow, sitting on a stool. “I think this is the most skin I’ve seen you show ever.”

“You saw me at my last performance.” Jongin frowns.

“We had to leave, I don’t think I noticed.” Sehun rests his chin on his hand. Eyes on the abs. “What’s your workout routine, drop the details.”

Chanyeol chuckles. “We run every day.”

“I know he did not get those abs just running.”

Jongin sighs, putting on his hoodie. “I don’t have a routine, honestly.”

Of course not, he’s just effortlessly perfect like that. Kyungsoo remembers the previous concert and how Jongin looked throughout the performances. He has that effortlessly y vibe, even when he’s giving his all and he’s sweating. It’s addictive to look at.

Kyungsoo can still remember all the fangirls from last time, and the way they were screaming. Some nice things and other not so nice.

He frowns. “Jongin?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m assuming it will be like last time, and there will be a ton of people, right?”

Jongin nods. “Probably.”

Kyungsoo’s stomach starts to simmer.

“Why?” Jongin turns to face him. “The venue is bigger so it should be more comfortable.”

“Yeah, I don’t think that’s what he’s worried about.” Sehun chuckles, giving Kyungsoo a knowing look.

Kyungsoo sighs.

“Then what is it?”

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo shakes his head. “Send that rescue team to get Baekhyun. We need to get going if we want to have dinner before the show.”

“Unnecessary,” Baekhyun says as he walks in. “The light of your lives is here.”

Jongin raises an eyebrow, looking Baekhyun up and down. The man is going for the leather jacket and ripped jeans. Chains are hanging from his pants, and he has black gloves. He’s even wearing black eyeliner, which makes Kyungsoo laugh.

“Alright Rolling Stones, let’s go.” Jongin says.

Everyone bursts out laughing at Baekhyun’s shocked expression.

“Oh, how the turntables.” Kyungsoo grabs the keys and heads to the door.

“I didn’t know you had it in you.” Baekhyun shakes his head.

“I think it’s the power of the crop top.” Sehun mentions.

They follow Kyungsoo to the car. Before he can get inside, he feels a hand on his arm. He turns around to find Jongin, who glances over Kyungsoo’s head and smiles when he notices nobody is paying attention. He then kisses Kyungsoo’s cheek.

“You look cute.” He whispers, and just like that, he’s gone again, running to the other side to get in the car. Kyungsoo blinks. Surprise takes over him for a moment, but he smiles.

He doesn’t have anything to worry about.

The ride to Kyungsoo’s restaurant is filled with animated chat. He has to admit he’s nervous about what they’re going to think about it. It’s a place he spent a lot of time, money, and care on. It’s practically his child at this point. He can only hope they’re not disappointed.

Once they arrive, he leads the way. It shouldn’t be crowded, since it’s still a bit early for dinner. Which is why this was convenient. He knows how busy it can get later in the night.

Kyungsoo notices their appreciative stares, scanning the place as they walk in. It’s a Korean-Italian restaurant, so Kyungsoo went with a neutral vibe with light colors. He went for the open kitchen style, trusting customers would like to see their food being made.

“Hyung!”

Kyungsoo turns to the familiar voice and finds one of his employees, Daehyun, walking towards him from the kitchen.

“Oh, Daehyunie,” Kyungsoo smiles. “How are you?”

“All good. Keeping the business going while you’re busy.” Daehyun smiles, gazing curiously at the people behind Kyungsoo.

“Ah, these are my friends and cast mates from the show. We came to have an early dinner before a concert.” Kyungsoo explains. Daehyun nods in understanding, his bright smile still intact.

“Nice to meet you all. Thanks for taking care of Hyung.”

“It’s the other way around, actually.” Baekhyun chuckles, wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “Take a seat wherever you feel comfortable. I’ll bring a menu.”

“Oh, are we being served by the owner himself? I feel special.” Baekhyun says.

“You should. Look at this place, I’m sure it’s expensive too.” Sehun adds.

“Don’t be silly.” Kyungsoo smiles. “Go ahead, sit down. I’ll be right back.”

He leaves to grab a couple of menus, greeting the rest of his team as he does, and then hands them over to the group.

“I feel so out of place wearing this at a fancy place,” Sehun says, reading a menu over Junmyeon’s shoulder.

“Me too.” Chanyeol sighs. “A warning would’ve been nice Kyungsoo.”

“It doesn’t matter what you wear.” He shakes his head.

“I was going to offer to have my band play here, but this is not the place for that.” Jongin scratches the back of his neck.

Kyungsoo smiles. “It’s too small for it, but otherwise I would’ve loved that.”

“So, you’re the chef… what should we order?” Baekhyun asks as he scans a menu himself.

Kyungsoo goes over the dishes with them and recommends them based on what he knows everybody likes. Once they all agree on what they’ll eat he heads back to the kitchen. He tries to ignore their eyes the best he can as he washes his hands and puts on an apron. Hopefully, he won’t spill anything over his clothes, because they won’t have time to go back and change.

Being back in this kitchen feels nice, like a fish in the water and even when they all have tried his cooking before, he feels it won’t be the same eating it here. They swiftly make everything and Kyungsoo grabs a bottle of wine for the group.

“I think I understand why your food is always so good,” Chanyeol says.

Jongin nods. “You can tell he loves this, right?”

“It was almost like watching one of those cooking shows. He looks so professional.” Baekhyun adds.

Kyungsoo scoffs. “Oh please, it’s the same as my cooking back home.”

Baekhyun points at him with a fork. “The environment changes things.”

Chanyeol pushes his hand away. “Don’t do that.”

Kyungsoo sighs and he gazes at Jongin next to him, diligently eating everything. He can’t help but remember that note Jongin sent him at the beginning of this. It seems like ages ago, and so recent at the same time.

Your food makes me happy.

He can only hope Jongin still feels the same.

“How is it?” Kyungsoo asks and Jongin’s eyes land on him.

“It’s great.” Jongin smiles. “It makes me happy.” He says. It’s almost as if he knew.

A smile tugs at Kyungsoo’s lips. “Good.”

“I’ll bring my family and friends,” Baekhyun says. “You won’t get rid of me, Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Can’t wait.”

In between food and laughter, Kyungsoo can’t even remember what he was so nervous about. Instead, he now feels happy he shared this with them.

He’s happy.