Favour.

Third Time's the Charm [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Favour.

 

If there is ever a need for distraction from one’s own thoughts, the ER was the place to be. From the incessant machineries, and the ever-moving influx of patients, it was a real luxury to find time to simmer in one’s own little world. At the same time, this meant that if you are like Sehun, and have an undying question that needs to be answered, you will struggle to find an opportunity to have this curiosity satiated.

 

Sehun puckered his lips as he focused on blending with his surroundings. Despite the chaotic environment he found himself in, all patients had been triaged and high-risk ones had been assessed and transferred to relevant departments. He had concluded that the intern doctor could be left to handle the rest, thus allowing himself some much deserved break. Or so he had hoped, had it not been for the mountain of notes he had to catch up on for the constant flow of patients he had been seeing the moment he stepped foot into the ER.

 

The frustrated doctor had gone into autopilot mode, rhythmically typing away on the computer as his eyes glided between the screen and his messy notes. Occasionally he paused to match his words with the visuals of the patient, before proceeding at full speed. A great feat of multi-tasking was happening at present, as Sehun had to actively remind himself of his job at hand, and stop himself from recalling the events of the previous night. More specifically, the lack of information he was provided.

 

Mentally retracing the journey from the bus stop to outside the flat, Sehun’s frown only deepened, realising how little he knew of the current investigation. All he knew was that Kyungsoo was desperate to keep Lee Taeyong in hospital, and Soonbok made a phone call to a Lee Taemin. Then suddenly, Soonbok declared she had something to discuss and arrange personally, and disappeared with Kyungsoo as they both headed towards the hospital. Sehun had wanted to follow them, however he was stopped by a stern-looking Jongin who reminded him they both had an early shift the following day. Most importantly, they were not active participants of the investigation.

 

“Lee Taemin…” Sehun murmured under his breath as he clicked save. “Doctor Lee… Doctor Lee… Docto—!”

 

Sehun recalled that his predecessor was a certain doctor Lee. If memory served him right, he had gone to neurology following his rotation in the ER. However, Sehun had no idea what to do with this information. He seemingly random gear pieces, however had no clue of what he was even supposed to build and assemble.

 

In that moment, Sehun saw from across the room a certain figure with faded red hair waltz through the ER and straight towards the lift. Without wasting a second, Sehun logged out of his computer and joined the nurse in an unassuming manner. Soonbok did not outwardly acknowledge Sehun’s presence, however the slight raising of her left brow as she stepped into the lift told the male that she was consenting him to follow, but also to remain silent and reserve his questions for later. Clearing his throat and entering the machine, Sehun tucked his hands into his pockets as he pursed his lips shut, showing Soonbok that he would not get in her way. As the doors of the lift were closing, the duo caught sight of a horrified Jongin, looking betrayed at being left behind to hold to fort in the ER.

 

“Get ready to be socked by Jongin the moment we get back,” Soonbok hummed nonchalantly.

 

Sehun’s jaws dropped, however no response came out. That was because he knew that Soonbok had a valid professional reason to sneak out of the ER. Him however? Pure and utter curiosity. So of course Jongin would be punishing him.

 

“Curiosity killed that cat…” Sehun exhaled, shaking his head in resignation.

 

Soonbok’s only response was a knowing smirk, though she swiftly schooled her expression when the lift doors opened. Leaving Sehun no time to ask questions, Soonbok hastened her pace. Despite his long legs, Sehun barely managed to keep up with the shorter girl’s brisk walk.

 

Once in front of the shared neurology office, Soonbok gave a quick knock and opened the door without even waiting for a response. Sehun gasped in alarm, oozing with fear over their rude intrusion into another department’s territory. His worry was quickly proven to be unnecessary though when his eyes landed upon the sole presence sitting unperturbed inside the office. The doctor in fresh scrubs looked up from his computer in a calm and collected manner. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter