The Omniscient Police Officer.

Third Time's the Charm [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Omniscient Police Officer.

 

Soonbok gave Sehun a side glance before placing her full attention on Kyungsoo. She leaned back against her chair with her arms crossed protectively over her chest. The trio sat still in silence as the two medical professionals awaited for the police officer to give them insight on the situation at hand. Kyungsoo interlocked his fingers together and placed them over the table as he cleared his throat. His long lashes formed shadows over his soft features.

 

“We’ve had multiple reports regarding Park Chansoo’s over the last year, all of them in relation to his behaviour when intoxicated,” Kyungsoo briefed. “I am here today following report from his wife.”

 

Hearing this, Soonbok arched her eyebrow and threw Sehun a ‘you screwed up look’ that did not go unnoticed by the police officer. Offering his friend a smile of condolence, Kyungsoo continued talking.

 

“The reports were generally made by neighbours. It would appear that Park Chansoo was an aggressive drunk. The frequent sound of things breaking and people yelling raised concern. However…”

 

“However every time the police showed up knocking, the family members — specifically the wife — would insist nothing was wrong and it was just a minor disagreement, or that the neighbours were being overdramatic,” Soonbok sighed, reciting the words with familiarity and disinterest.

 

Wearing a strained smile, Kyungsoo could only lower his gaze. Such events were all too common. It was the unfortunate truth that when facing these type of reports, the police are reactive rather than preemptive. There was nothing they could do without solid proof or without the victims speaking up.

 

“So why are you here officer?”

 

“Were you not listening? The guy’s neighbours report him to the police regularly.” Sehun frowned at the nurse, earning himself a look of disbelief from her.

 

Wanting to avoid getting caught in a feud, and knowing all too well Sehun’s temper, Kyungsoo leaned forward, successfully gaining the focus of the room.

 

“What you mean is,” Kyungsoo stated in an even tone, “neighbours have made reports and the police have showed up, however there was never a proper follow up due to the family denying the reports. So the question is, why would a police officer show up at the ER the day after he was brought in via ambulance after experiencing a seizure in the streets?”

 

Hearing everything spelt out like this, Sehun’s eyes widened in understanding. It was indeed bizarre. Taking the incident from last night alone into consideration, there was nothing that would have warranted for police involvement, let alone a visit from the police. The doctor stared at his friend, question marks pouring out of his gaze though to his dismay, he was ignored. Instead, Soonbok and Kyungsoo locked eyes, falling into a silence exchange of mutual understanding.

 

“How bad is it?” Soonbok questioned, her previously defensive stance loosening ever so slightly.

 

“Was there alcohol in his system when he was brought in yesterday?”

 

“Is there a child involved?”

 

“Why a child?”

 

“Why else would the wife finally turn against him?”

 

Sehun looked back and forth between the two’s quick exchange, barely having time to catch up with the conversation. Kyungsoo bit back a smile as he too leaned back, mirroring Soonbok’s physicality. He glanced briefly at Soonbok’s ID, reflecting carefully on his next words.

 

“Nurse Gae, any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter