Calm Before the Storm.

Third Time's the Charm [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calm Before the Storm.

 

“I need a crash cart in the trauma bay!”

 

Tension and stress reached an all-time high as incessant machinery beeping became drowned out by the hectic footsteps of overworked ER staff. The number of patients in the waiting room appeared to multiply exponentially with the ticking of time. Everyone knew this was only the beginning of the weekend rush.

 

“God when will this end?” Jongin groaned as he collapsed into a chair.

 

Soonbok gave Jongin a sympathetic pat on his shoulder. The exhausted nurse rubbed his face in an attempt to wake himself up before peaking over the nurse’s station. He winced miserably when he noted the crowded waiting area. Sehun joined him behind the station, carefully placing a lightbulb in a box filled with miscellaneous items. Soonbok and Jongin threw Sehun a look of disgust as he discarded his gloves in the clinical waste bin. He then nodded solemnly, proving the two nurses’ suspicions to be correct.

 

“What have people not shoved up their butts?” Sehun whined while seeking refuge amongst the nurses.

 

Jongin suddenly perked up, causing a bad premonition to settle in Soonbok’s stomach.

 

“When we were student nurses, Bokkie-bok got stuck with unplug the duty for a whole month because she pissed off the resident doctor in charge.”

 

“Unplug the duty?” Taeyeon chimed with a smile of nostalgia. “That brings me back. Do they still use that term nowadays?”

 

“If they don’t we can always bring it back.” Jongin beamed while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Soonbok rolled her eyes, knowing full well where the story was going and unwilling to relive the horrific tales.

 

“She pissed off the resident doctor?” Sehun repeated unsurprised, ignoring Soonbok’s glare of disapproval.

 

“He was transphobic and homophobic,” Soonbok grumbled, crossing her arms and visibly pouting.

 

Jongin chuckled mischievously and ruffled her hair, purposefully messing her carefully formed braid. He then strategically planted both hands over Soonbok’s mouth, successfully muting her as he continued sharing the tale.

 

“Anyway, a patient came in due to abdominal pain. Turns out he had a tapeworm growing inside of him caused by bad sushi.”

 

“A tapeworm? Why did Soonbok have to deal with it if she was on unplug the dut— Oh. Oh. Oh noooooo.”

 

“Oh yes,” Jongin said emphatically, maintaining strong eye contact with Sehun. “The worm was crawling out of his and Soonbok had to pull it out of him, and the guy sharted himself at the end.”

 

Taeyeon’s usual calm demeanour was replaced by one of pure disgust. Similarly, Sehun looked like he was about to throw up his dinner, breakfast, and whatever he had eaten throughout the week. A muffled groan echoed through Jongin’s hands as Soonbok gagged at the unwanted memory. She clenched her fists, ready to punch her supposed best friend for unearthing this specific can of worms. Deciding that self-control was for the weak, she did punch the male in the ribs, successfully freeing herself from his grasp.

 

“I think she’s mentally concocting a cocktail of drugs to inject you in your sleep,” Sehun whispered rather unsubtly.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter