[TW] A Fish Out of Water.

Third Time's the Charm [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***TW: mention of injection and overdose.***

A Fish Out of Water.

 

The familiar sound of ambulance blasted shamelessly, cutting through the incessant beeping and humming of machineries. Within moments, paramedics scurried in with an unconscious young male lying lifelessly on top of the gurney.

 

“BP 82/34. Pulse 34. Saturation 93,” the paramedic reported. “Patient was found unresponsive in an underground passageway.”

 

“Bring him to bay 1,” Sehun ordered. “Nurse in bay 1 please! Patient is unresponsive and has weak pulse.”

 

Soonbok poked her head out from bay 6. She surveyed the ER; Jongin was in the middle of performing CPR on a patient on their way to the OR, the other nurse Taeyeon looked like she wanted to attend to bay 1 but was already overwhelmed with toddler triplets brought in by their concerned grandmother. No other available nurses could be seen. Glancing at the suicidal patient she had just assessed, Soonbok handed her over to the psych unit nurse for transfer. She then hurried towards bay 1 where Sehun was conducting an initial assessment. Without wasting any time, Soonbok proceeded to connect the lines. She noticed distinct marks on the patient’s arm which set off alarm bells in her brain.

 

“What are you doing?” Sehun barked. “Stop wasting time.”

 

“Injection marks on patient’s arm,” Soonbok stated in a stern voice.

 

This was enough to make Sehun freeze. Biting the inside of her cheek, Soonbok blocked out Sehun’s voice and focused on the presentation of the patient. His body was limp, his breathing was barely perceptible and his skin was cold and clammy. Soonbok examined the patient’s face and her expression constricted upon seeing his youthful appearance.

 

“Blisters and sores,” Sehun frowned as Soonbok parted the patient’s mouth.

 

“Crack mouth; discoloured tongue; blue tint on lips and fingers; constricted pupils,” Soonbok listed.

 

Sehun grew impatient but remained silent when realised the gears in the nurse’s brain were in full motion.

 

“Where are his belongings?” Soonbok questioned in a hurry. “Were there any drug paraphernalia found?”

 

Unable to provide an answer, Sehun searched around him helplessly in the hopes that the paramedics had left it there without him noticing. Soonbok glanced at Sehun impatiently which only augmented his nervousness. The mention of the word p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter