Chapter 16 "We Need to Talk"

Light

The next day…

 

*Stella heads to her locker and grabs her necessary books for the morning classes when she spots Bright. She waves to him but instead of approaching her and greeting her with a kiss, he suddenly walks away leaving her flustered.

 

Stella’s mind: What the-

Did something happen to him?

 

*Stella shrugs and heads to class

 

Later…

 

*Throughout the rest of the day, she noticed something strange. Bright has been avoiding her all day and it has been bothering her. She couldn’t concentrate or eat properly.

 

*Stella plays with her food as her mind is clouded by the many thoughts forming in her mind. Dew elbows Priya to talk to her, she refused at first, but later she gave in. Priya clears and calls out to Stella.

 

Priya: Hey, girl, is something wrong?

 

*Stella snaps out of her thoughts and looks at Dew and Priya looking at her worriedly. She shakes her head.

 

Stella: No, nothing’s wrong. Everything’s fine. *awkwardly laughs*

Why do you say that? *takes a bite of her food*

 

Priya: No you’re right. 

Clearly something’s up.

 

Dew: Care to tell us, nuna?

 

*Stella sighs heavily.

 

Stella: Bright has been avoiding me all day and I don’t know why.

Did I do something wrong?

Have I been a bad girlfriend to him? *tears up*
I just wish he’ll tell me what’s up!!

 

*Dew and Priya comfort her.

 

Dew: I’m sure there are reasons that he’s like that.

Don’t get your hopes up.

 

Priya: Dew’s right. 

He’ll be back to normal in no time.

 

Stella: I hope so!!

I really hope so!!!

 

*Stella bawls into tears. Win watches this from a distance and his heart sinks seeing her in this state. He disappears. 

 

Win’s mind: I know I shouldn’t have trusted you, Bright.

You clearly aren’t being a good boyfriend to her.

Now it’s my turn to make it up to her.

You’ll see.

 

*After that day, Stella decides to give Bright more time to think about it, but the more she did, the more distant and cold he became to her and this time she had enough. She needed answers. 

 

*Stella finally walks to Bright whose talking to his friends and she says-

 

Stella: *arms crossed in a serious tone* Bright, we need to talk.