Chapter 2 Not Like This

Light

Monday morning…

 

*Stella gets ready for her first day of university in Korea and heads downstairs. She gets greeted by-

 

Dew: *making toast* Good morning nuna

 

Stella: Good morning *she says as she puts on her jacket*

 

Dew: You’re leaving now?

 

Stella: I might as well. The more prepared I am the better!

 

Dew: That’s the spirit! Do you want me to come with you?

 

Stella: No I think I’m good. See you soon! *waves and runs off*

 

*Dew chuckles as he sips his morning coffee. 

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Stella heads to Pantha International University. She takes a deep breath as she admires the campus building in front of her.

 

Stella’s mind: You can do this, Stella. After all, it’s what’s best for you. 

 

*Stella looks at the sky for a while thinking about BamBam and looks back at the campus building. She sighs heavily and was about to just enter the building when-

 

Priya: Good morning, Stella!!

 

Stella: Oh good morning Priya! I’m so glad to see you!

 

Priya: Let me guess today is your first day?

 

Stella: *nods* Do you mind showing me around?

 

Priya: Sure 

 

*Thanks to Priya’s help, Stella was able to get her class timetable and get a brief tour of the campus. 

 

Priya: So did Dew do anything to you while staying at his house?

 

Stella: *tilts her head confused* What do you mean?

 

Priya: Oh because Dew has a tradition of pranking people whenever he has guests in his house.

 

Stella: Does he? I didn’t notice.

 

Priya: That’s strange *scratches the back of her head in frustration* He usually does.

Unless he has a crush on you. 

 

Stella: What? Crush on me? *politely declines* No way!!

 

Priya: Okay okay if you say so. But I swear something is fishy with that Dew. Tsk tsk

 

*Stella laughs

 

Priya: So what do you think of Win?

 

Stella: Win? Oh, he’s nice.

 

Priya: Nice? That’s it? Nothing else?

 

Stella: Well he’s cute and-

 

Priya: *teases her* Ooh does Miss Stella here have a crush on Win?

 

Stella: N-N-No I don’t. *denies*

 

Priya: Then why are you stuttering? Hm? *elbows her*

 

Stella: What are you talking about?

 

Stella’s mind: Win seems pretty cool but I wonder when I’ll meet that guy again. That guy I met at the mall the other day. 

 

*Stella sighs happily to herself as she thinks about the encounter she had with the handsome stranger. But quickly snaps back into reality when Priya elbows her. 

 

Priya: Anyways speaking of crush guess whose approaching.

 

*Stella looks up and sees Win approaching them. He waves to them.

 

Win: Hey you guys hey Stella 

 

Stella: Oh hey

 

Priya: *looks at her watch* Damn it! I’ll see you guys later! *runs off*

 

Win: So where are you off to?

 

Stella: *looks at her timetable* Main campus building room MB225.

 

Win: I’m heading down there anyway. Let’s go together.

 

*In the end, Stella and Win head off together to class and along the way, Stella’s stomach starts to growl. Stella looks at the ground embarrassed.

 

Stella’s mind: Damn it, I should have at least packed something to eat. This is embarrassing.

 

*Just then Win hands her a bottle of soymilk and a sandwich.

 

Win: Here it looks like you need it more than I do.

 

Stella: *politely declines* Oh no it’s okay Win. 

 

*But the more Stella declined the more her stomach started to growl. Win hands it to her as he looks at her with a worried look on his face. 

 

Win: Next time don’t skip your meals. 

 

Stella: *nods shyly* Uh thanks Win.

 

Win: Well I’ll see you later. *waves goodbye to Stella as he heads to his class*

 

*Stella smiles as she looks at Win. 

 

Stella’s mind: He sure is a good person. 

 

*Stella hums happily to herself as she heads off to class looking forward to what’s to come. But on the way to class, she snaps out of her thoughts as something unexpected happened. She ends up bonking into a stranger and drops the soymilk and sandwich on him.

 

Stella’s mind: Oh what do I do? What do I do?

 

*Stella tries not to panic as she quickly picks them up. She bows to himself hoping he’ll forgive her.

 

Stella: I’m so sorry I- *looks up and opens wide in shock*

 

*Stella recognizes him instantly. It’s him. The guy she met on Saturday. The guy she fell in love with him at first sight. 

 

Stella’s mind: I can’t believe it. It’s really him. The guy I wanted to see again.

 

*But she snaps quickly out of her thoughts as she gets surprised by what he does next.

 

Bright: What did you do?

 

Stella: I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to. I-

 

*Bright suddenly glares at her and grabs her by the collar.

 

Bright: You ing . What are you gonna do about this huh?

 

*All the students look at them murmuring amongst themselves. Stella gets flustered with this. This has never happened before. She has never humiliated herself in front of her crush before nor has she humiliated him. No not like this.

 

Stella’s mind: *gulps* Great just great what now?