Chapter 20 Hopeless

Light

*Ever since Stella and Bright broke up, Bright had become more miserable. He goes to the bar every night and drinks his misery away. He lost all hope in life. He lost the true meaning of life. 

He lies down on his bed as he looks at pictures of him and her together as tears pour down his face. 

 

Bright’s mind: I’m so sorry, P’Stella, I’m so sorry.

You don’t deserve a guy like me.

But why does my heart keep coming back to you?

If only you could come back to me.

*throws the pictures onto the ground screaming*

 

Bright: , damn it, why does this have to happen to me?
Why?

WHY????

 

*Bright crouches down onto the ground bawling his eyes out.

 

Bright’s mind: I miss you so much, P’Stella, I miss you so much.

 

*Bright looks through the pictures of them together one last time. He looks at the broken glass pieces and picks up one shard. He looks at the glass shard for a while before he slits his wrist. He lies onto the ground as he lets himself bleed, hopefully, bleed to death like his broken heart.

 

Bright’s mind: There’s no reason for me to live if you’re not in my life anymore.

I need you, P’Stella, I need you.

I’m sorry and I love you.

Come back to me, my light. 

 

*Soon Bright closes his eyes to utter black as he lets the darkness take over him.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Stella and Win cuddle on the couch in his apartment as they watch a movie together.

Win intertwines his hands with his and pecks her forehead. He notices her unable to concentrate on the movie and he gets worried.

 

Win: Babe, is something wrong?

 

Stella: No nothing’s wrong.

 

Win: Are you sure? 

Babe, you know you can always tell me what’s up.

 

Stella: I said I’m fine.

 

*Win nods and doesn’t say anything else. A tear falls down his face as she watches the romantic scene in front of her from the television screen.

 

Stella’s mind: That was you and me, Bright, when we were together.

You promised me that you would love me no matter what but why did you have to break the promise?

Does our love really mean nothing to you?

 

*As she thinks about the flashbacks of her and Bright in her mind, she starts to break down into tears. Suddenly she gets a phone call from an unknown number. Stella excuses herself and picks up the call wiping the tears off her face.

 

Stella: Hello?

 

Stranger: Hello? Is this Stella Kim’s number?

 

Stella: Yes it is. Who's calling?

 

Stranger: Ah yes this is Hope Hospital in Bangkok. This is about Bright-

 

Stella: What? 

 

*Stella’s eyes open wide to shock as she makes eye contact with Win as she hears the news of Bright’s condition.