Chapter 3 The Start of it All

Light

Bright: Do you know how much this jacket costs? Huh?

 

Stella: I’m so sorry- I-

 

Bright: What are you going to do about this? 

 

Stella: I’ll wash your jacket for you and return it to you tomorrow!

 

Bright: Return it? Are you ing kidding me? This jacket is made in France! My aunt custom-made this for me and look what you did! 

 

Stella: I’m sorry I-

 

Bright: Do you know how much you owe me? Huh?

 

Stella’s mind: I’m sure it won’t be that bad. I might have some money I can pay him back with him today. Let me see… *browses through her wallet*

 

Bright: You owe me at least 1500 baht!

 

*Stella’s mouth opens wide in shock.

 

Stella’s mind: What? No way!! If 1 baht equals 36.16 won then 1500 baht equals? * hangs low* WHAT?????? 5 baek 40 man won!!! *grabs head in frustration* I owe him that much money? I’m doomed… 

 

*Stella bows to him hoping he’ll have some mercy on her

 

Stella: Please please I’ll do anything just let me make it up to you.

 

Bright: Anything eh? 

 

*Bright throws the jacket at his face

 

Bright: Hand wash this for me and return it to me tomorrow. 

 

Stella: What? But how-

 

*Bright doesn’t say another word and disappears 

 

*Stella raises her fist in the air

 

Stella’s mind: He may be hot but he sure is an

 

Later that evening…

 

*It’s dinner time and everyone is enjoying their time together but not Stella. Stella has been playing with her food the entire time and hasn’t said a single word that night.

 

Dew’s mom: Did something happen on your first day, dear?

 

Stella: No nothing. 

 

Dew’s mom: Then why aren’t you eating? You haven’t touched your food at all.

 

Stella: I’m just not hungry I guess. May I please be excused?

 

*They nod and Stella quietly heads to her room. She looks at the jacket on her bed and groans.

 

Stella’s mind: How in the world am I going to hand wash this thing by tomorrow morning? He didn’t even give me any instructions.

*sighs* Looks like I just have to wing it I guess. *heads to the bathroom*

 

The next morning…

 

*Stella sees Bright talking to his friends. She throws the jacket at his face. 

 

Stella: Here. Here’s your stupid jacket back. Now if you excuse me.

 

*Stella tries to walk away from him but Bright grabs onto her wrist

 

Bright: And where do you think you are going?

 

Stella: Huh? What-

 

Bright: You said you’ll do anything for me. After all, you owe me 1500 baht.

 

Stella: But-

 

Bright: *ignores her* I want you to go get me and my friends 4 iced coffee. Pronto.

 

Stella: But-

 

*Bright motions her to go on and she nods. She walks away in frustration.

 

Stella’s mind: Stupid Stella. Why did you even fall for an like him in the first place?

 

A few moments later…

 

Stella: *hesitates* Can I get 2 iced lattes and 2 iced mochas please?

 

*Stella comes back with a tray of iced coffee and places it on the table. Bright takes a small sip and immediately spits it out.

 

Bright: What is this? 

 

Stella: Iced coffee like you said.

 

Bright: Yeah but it has ice in it. I don’t like ice in my coffee. Go order me a new one.

 

Jake: Dude this is iced mocha. I don’t like iced mocha. I wanted an iced americano.

 

Ping: This is sweetened. Unacceptable. Where’s my half-sweetened iced mocha frappuchino?

 

Dan: And why is there no coconut milk in mine?

 

Bright: Go and get us a new one.

 

Stella: I already got you your coffee.

 

Bright: And this isn’t what we wanted. Now go and get us new ones.

 

*Stella nods and heads back to the coffee shop

 

Stella’s mind: How in the world am I going to be his assistant? If he doesn’t give me specific instructions and yell at me like that. my life…

 

*And just like that Stella became Bright’s assistant but little did they know that it was the start to their little love story.