Chapter 11 How Come It Hurts So Much?

Light

The next day…

 

*Stella heads to her locker for her morning classes when someone approaches her. She looks up expected to be greeted by Win, but instead she was greeted by-

 

Bright: Good morning.

 

Stella: What are you doing here?

 

Bright: What? I can’t come to see my girlfriend?

 

*Stella tilts her head and looks at him in utter confusion.

 

Stella’s mind: Girlfriend? What in the world is he talking about?

 

Stella: Wait, how am I your girlfriend?

 

Bright: You don’t recall what happened yesterday? *asks as he crosses his arms in annoyance*

 

*Soon yesterday’s incident crawls back into Stella’s mind. She grabs her hair and screams in frustration.

 

Stella’s mind: ! Stupid Stella!

Why did you even do that in the first place?

 

*Stella looks back at the grinning Bright.

 

Stella: I didn’t mean to-

It was just-

I-

 

*Bright doesn’t say anything and grabs her hand. She gets flustered by his sudden action but she follows him anyways.

 

Stella: What are you doing? Ya!! Let go!!

*Dew, Priya, and Win approaches them and notices Bright and Stella walking past them. 

 

Priya: Wasn’t that Stella?

 

Dew: It seems like it. But the guy she was with wasn’t that the guy that asked us about where she was a few days ago?

*Dew and Priya looks at each and shrugs. Meanwhile, Win drops his head trying to hold back his tears.

 

Win’s mind: It seems like she already found someone to love and it’s not me.

 

Later…

 

*Stella and Bright are eating lunch together when Dew and Priya approaches them.

 

Dew: Hey nuna!

 

Priya: Sup girl? *winks*

 

Stella: Oh hey Dew and Priya

 

Priya: Whose he? 

 

Stella: Oh you guys meet Bright, he’s my uh-

 

Bright: *finishes for her* I’m her boyfriend. 

 

*Priya suddenly hugs Stella tight making her flustered.

 

Stella: Ow, girl, I can’t breathe!! 

What was that for?

 

Priya: *squeals* I can’t believe you already found someone to love. 

I’m so happy for you!!!

 

*Win tries to approach them but notice Stella and Bright’s little lovey dovey moment that he quickly walks away. 

 

Later that evening at the music festival…

 

*Dew, Priya, Stella, and Bright have a good time at the music festival talking and laughing amongst themselves. 

 

Priya: Girl, let’s go try that game over there! It seems like fun!!

 

Stella: Oh I’m with you, girl! Come on, Bright!!

 

Priya: Dew, let’s go!!!

 

*Priya and Stella drag Dew and Bright with them as they head to the target ball game area.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Win gets ready for his The Battle of the Bands performance when he spots Dew, Priya, Stella, and Bright having a good time without him. His hands curled into fists as he continues to watch Stella and Bright being lovey dovey with each other, he couldn’t stand it. He hated to see his crush be with another guy. His bandmate noticed and puts a hand on his shoulder.

 

Fund: Are you okay, bro?

 

*Win looks back at Stella and Bright one more time before he walks away. He slams his shoulder against Fund’s. Fund gets flustered and quickly follows after him.

 

Fund: Tell me what’s wrong, bro?

We’re buddies, aren’t we?

 

Later…

 

Dino: Are you guys ready for The Battle of the Bands?

 

*The crowd cheers.

 

Dino: Our first performance for tonight is-

Win the Love!!!

 

*Win and his bandmates head onstage. Win looks at his bandmates and they play their first song “Love Me” followed by “Only You.” As the song plays, Stella sways her lightstick in the air but as time went by, she couldn’t keep but keep her eyes on Bright. Bright looks back at her and softly smiles. She leans her head against his shoulder and he pecks her forehead. They hold hands and they continue to enjoy the performance together. As Win saw this, he couldn’t help but feel upset about it. He tried to hold his tears throughout the performance.

 

*The crowd cheers as Win the Love finished their performances.

 

Dino: Wasn’t that amazing? 

Let’s give it up for Win the Love!!

 

Later…

 

*Dew, Priya and Stella head backstage to greet Win and his bandmates. Suddenly Win approaches them.

 

Priya: Win, great job today!

 

Dew: It was amazing, bro!!

 

*But instead of Win greeting them back, he walks away leaving Stella flustered by this.

 

Stella: Win, wait, please let me explain-

I-

 

*Dew puts a hand on Stella’s shoulder. He sighs and says-

 

Dew: Just let him be.

It will take time for him to understand.

 

Stella: *nods* Okay. *drops her head*

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Win runs to the empty staircase and kicks the wall in frustration. He punches the wall screaming. As he lets his hand bleed so does his burning heart.

He crouches down on the ground and clutches onto his heartbroken chest.

 

Win’s mind: I should be happy for her as her friend.

But how come-

How come it hurts so much? *clutches onto his chest*