Chapter 12 Double Date?

Light

The next morning…

 

*Stella heads to university and at the front of the main campus building, she sees a familiar figure waiting for her. 

 

Bright: Good morning girlfriend. *grabs her hand*

 

*Stella blushes and walks with him inside the building. The other students look at them and murmur and giggle amongst themselves. Stella gets shy and drops her head.

They reach her locker. She gets out her necessary books for the morning classes. As she did so, she could see a pair of eyes looking at her. She looks up and makes eye contact with the grinning Bright. She covers her face with one of her notebooks.

 

Stella: W-W-Why are you looking at me like that?

 

*Bright shrugs and pulls her closer to him.

 

Bright: I don’t know maybe just because I can’t believe that a pretty girl like you is mine.

 

*Stella blushes and avoids making eye contact with him. Just then Bright slams her against her locker and slams his lips on hers. She gets surprised by the sudden kiss at first but she gives in and kisses him back. Soon the kiss becomes more passionate. Just then she could hear someone coughing. She turns her head and sees-

 

Dew: What do you think you two are doing?

 

Priya: You two sure can’t get your hands off each other, can you? *tease*

 

*Stella gets flustered and quickly pushes Bright away.

 

Bright: What was that for?

 

*Stella elbows him and gives him a “Not in front of my friends” look. Bright pouts and crosses his arms. Just then Priya grabs Stella’s arm and drags her away.

 

Priya: Come on! Let’s go get something from the convenience store! I’m hungry!!

 

Stella: But- *tries to reach out to Bright*

 

Priya: Oh come on please? *puppy eyes* I’m starving!!

 

Stella: What? You didn’t eat anything this morning?

 

*Soon Stella and Priya disappears. Dew and Bright are left alone together.

Dew awkwardly coughs.

 

Dew: So you’re my homestay’s boyfriend, I see.

Take good care of her, will you? *pats his shoulder*

 

*Bright nods and cooly walks away. Suddenly, Win walks by and makes eye contact with Bright. Bright stops and gives him a deadly glare before he walks away. He slams his shoulders onto his. Win sighs heavily and thinks to himself-

 

Win’s mind: I hope you’re happy with him for me. *wipes the tears off his face*

 

*Win heads to class in heavy footsteps.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Priya and Stella buy morning snacks together at the university convenience store.

 

Priya: So when have you two been together?

 

Stella: *flustered* W-W-Why do you ask that?

 

Priya: *tease* Oh someone is blushing!!

 

*Stella elbows her to shut up. Priya giggles.

 

Priya: Oh come on! Tell me! When have you two been dating? Hm? *elbows her*

 

Stella: A couple of days now. 

 

Priya: Since when? *eyes sparkle* Who kissed who first?

 

Stella: He kissed me first.

 

Priya: What? Damn girl! *sassy tone* He’s got the moves! Girl, you are so lucky!!!

 

Stella: *blushes* Yeah I guess so.

 

Priya: Girl, I know so! You two are the cutest together!

 

Stella: *drops head* Thanks but Win doesn’t think so. He’s been avoiding me for the past few days.

 

Priya: *sighs* Yeah I know. It seems like he really liked you. 

 

Stella: So what do I know now?

 

Priya: Don’t worry we’ll figure something out.

 

Stella: I hope so.

 

Priya: Don’t worry so much, okay?

 

Stella: *nods* Okay. But hey, how are things going with you and Dew?

 

Priya: Dew and I started going out about a week ago.

 

Stella: What? No way!! You have to tell me everything!!

 

Priya: Okay so you know when we went to watch the movies? Well… that day we had dinner first before we watched the movies and he was suddenly all shy and couldn’t look at me. I asked why what’s the matter and he confessed his feelings to me. 

 

Stella: And? Then what?

 

Priya: I said yes!! 

 

*Stella and Priya look at each other and squeal in excitement.

 

Stella: I’m so happy for you!!

 

Priya: Thanks. That day was our first date!

 

Stella: And did he you know kiss you?

 

*Priya nods.

 

Priya: He did that night when he dropped me off home. 

 

Stella: Oh you and Dew sitting in a tree K-I-S-S- 

 

*Priya cuts her off by covering with her hands.

 

Priya: Don’t do it, P’Stella, please, don’t!!

 

*Stella pushes her hands away and continues to tease Priya.

 

Stella: K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!

 

Priya: Hey, I said quit it!!! P’Stella!!!

 

*Priya chases Stella out of the convenience store. 

 

Later…

 

*Dew, Priya, and Stella eat lunch together.

 

Dew: So Stella nuna are you two doing anything this Saturday?

 

Stella: *shakes head* No not really, why?

 

Priya: How about we go on a double date together on Saturday to Ocean World?

 

Stella: *eyes sparkle* I would love to!! Can’t wait!!

 

Priya: Me too!! 

 

*Stella and Priya grab each other’s hands and squeal in excitement. Dew rolls his eyes. 

Suddenly Win walks by and makes eye contact with Stella. She calls out to him.

 

Stella: Hey, Win, can I talk to you for a second? Win!!!

 

*Win quickly walks away. Stella pouts. 

 

Stella’s mind: Why is he avoiding me? What did I do wrong?

 

*Just then she could feel someone’s hand on her shoulder. She turns around and sees-

 

Bright: What were you guys talking about?

 

Stella: *face lightens up* Bright!!!

 

Bright: Hey babe *pecks the back of her head* 

 

*Bright sits down with his tray of food. Dew and Priya look at each other laughing.

 

Stella: *flustered* What’s so funny you guys?

 

Dew: Oh nothing.

 

Priya: Nothing. *giggles*

 

Bright: *puts an arm around Stella* Oh come on, tell us. That’s no fun.

 

Priya: So P'Bright, are you okay with us going on a double date on Saturday to Ocean World? You and P'Stella, and me and Dew.

 

*Bright gets mad and slams his hand on the table.

 

Bright: What? Double date? *to Stella* How come you didn’t tell me about the double date?

 

Stella: I was going to but-

 

Bright: There’s no way we’re going to the double date! 

I already made plans for us on Saturday!

 

Stella: Well I’m sorry I-

 

Bright: Why do you always make plans without telling me?

 

Stella: Me? 

Excuse me?!

You’re the one who always makes plans without telling me so why are you blaming it on me?

 

Bright: What? Since when?

 

*Soon Stella and Bright start quarrelling amongst themselves. Dew and Priya awkwardly look at each other.

 

Priya: Oh great here they go again.

 

Dew: Tell me about it. 

 

*Dew and Priya look at each other and sighs heavily once more. They quietly eat their food letting Stella and Bright continue to quarrel with each other.