Chapter 22 Never Stop Loving You

Light

The next day…

 

*Stella comes to the hospital to see him since he’s discharged now but she finds something odd. She sees him with another man arguing. She hides behind the wall and eavesdrops on their conversation.

 

Bright’s dad: *slaps his face hard* Do you think killing yourself would solve all of your problems?

How stupid can you be?

 

Bright: No you’re right.

 

Bright’s dad: Huh?

What are you trying to say?

 

Bright: No killing yourself won’t solve all of my problems nor me being your son.

 

Bright’s dad: Why you little- 

 

*Bright’s dad raises his fist to punch him but Bright stops him just in time. Bright gives him a deadly glare.

 

Bright: Do you really think I’ll give in and let you abuse me through all these years I’ve lived with you as your son? Well father you’re wrong.

 

Bright’s dad: What are you saying, you punk?

 

Bright: You know what I mean, father.

You may continue to blame me for everything but nothing is my fault and it will never be.

Just because my mother died after giving birth to me doesn’t mean you blame me for her death.

Don’t you think that it’s your fault that she passed away?

 

Bright’s dad: You son of a-

 

Bright: I think it’s time that you stop blaming others and move on from your pain instead, father.

 

*Bright walks away leaving his father furious with rage. Bright runs away with tears down his face but along the way back to his hospital room, he could feel someone’s arms around him from behind. 

Stella calls out to him in a soft voice.

 

Stella: Bright, tell me, is that the reason why you left me?

Because of your father?

Why didn’t you tell me this?

WHY???? *bawls*

 

*Bright turns around and makes eye contact with the crying Stella. He wipes her tears with his thumb and pulls her into his embrace not saying anything. He her hair.

 

Bright’s mind: I’m sorry, P’Stella, I’m sorry for not telling you sooner.

I’m so sorry.

 

Later…

 

*Stella and Bright are in his hospital room talking about their feelings for each other. He intertwines his hands with hers as he looks at her with a regretful look in his eyes.

 

Bright: Look, P’Stella, I’m sorry.

I’m sorry for everything.

I’m sorry for leaving you without explaining why.

I felt like I wasn’t worthy enough to love someone nor to be loved someone all these years.

Until you came along, P’Stella *grabs her hand* 

You taught me the true meaning of love.

 

Stella: I did?

 

Bright: *nods* Yes you did. 

You became the light of my life.

You are everything I can ever ask for.

If it wasn’t for you, I would never give you a chance to be in my heart but you did.

So thank you.

 

Stella: No thank you.

 

Bright: Huh? For what?

 

Stella: If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to move on from the pains of my first love’s death go.

It’s not our fault that this darkness happened in our lives but we just need to accept that it’s time to accept a beam of light. 

No matter how small it may be, it will grow.

Like right now.

 

*Stella says as she puts her hand on his chest.

 

Stella: I will never stop loving you, Bright.

No matter how many times you push me away nor you’re cold to me, my heart will always choose you.

My heart will forever belong to you.

 

*Bright doesn’t say anything but passionately kisses her. He lets his kisses express his feelings for her. Every tender kiss he gave her showed how much she meant to him and how much he loved her so much. Tears fall down his face.

 

Bright’s mind: I’ll never stop loving you, P’Stella.

Forever and always.