Chapter 4

Save Your Tears.

 

Chapter 4

 

“She’s the one.” Jessica said just when Seulgi arrived with drinks in her hands. The manager gives a confusing look. “Who’s the one?” She asked. Jessica pulls Seulgi along with her to the spot earlier where she saw Taeyeon. She looks around and sees the bartender is now serving some drinks to a few foreign women. She points at her aggressively while shaking Seulgi’s arm; making her almost spilling the drinks she is holding.

 

“O-okay, for God’s sake, you need to calm down.” The manager pulled away her arm from Jessica. “Yes, she’s the bartender I was talking about. I didn’t get a chance to get serve by her though since a lot of people were lining up.”

 

“She’s the one who saved me! She pulled me from the edge and brought me back home to her place to take care of me.” Jessica explained which was a bad timing since Seulgi was just sipping on her drink and ended up spitting it out instead.

 

“She what?” Seulgi’s eyes widen. She never really knows the whole story of what had happened to Jessica during the night she went missing. All she heard Jessica was too drunk that she almost attempts a stupid stunt that included her almost jumping off from a building but someone came by in time to saved her. Nothing much was told afterwards. She never expected the infamous bartender was the person that saved her life.

 

“No wonder I felt this place was familiar. This was the pub I went to that night. She was there with me at the rooftop.” Jessica continues to stare at Taeyeon who is still unaware of her presence. She did not know why but seeing how different this woman she is currently looking at compare to the one she first met (during sober) at the apartment. She appears much more mature with the dark makeup.

 

One thing for sure, she is indeed beautiful like the rumors said. Jessica never realizes it until now. Maybe now that she is not light-headed anymore and she is completely sober, she can perfectly see how Taeyeon actually looks like.

 

“Do you know what’s her name?” Jessica asked.

 

“Isn’t that supposed to be my question?” Seulgi raised her eyebrow.

 

“I-never got to know her name.” The idol awkwardly smiled while rubbing the back of her head.

 

“I… No, I already expected this from you.” Seulgi looks at Taeyeon before turning back to Jessica. She seems to have something in her mind which includes something they should not do. The moment their eyes met; she immediately shook her head to reject whatever idea that came into her head. “No, we are not staying here.” She goes back to their seat with Jessica following her from behind with a pout.

 

“I just want to talk to her properly! It won’t be long!” Jessica begged.

 

“Shush, people’s going to recognize you. Look, I know she saved your life and you’re very thankful for what she did to you. But may I remind you that you’re an idol and staying here is a risk. Plus, you’ll get in trouble with CEO Jang again.” Seulgi said; almost clenching her teeth to surpass the raising tone of her voice.

 

“But I might not be able to see again. Come on, just this one time. We’re already breaking the rules, might as well break another.” Jessica said. For the first time, she is willing to jeopardize her idol status by going against the rules. If the company finds out they went to the pub, they’re already in trouble anyways. But she knows it is worth the punishment she’ll received.

 

“No, I can’t do everything you asked me to do. It’s too risky. I’m sorry.” Seulgi rejected her idea for the last time. A visible disappointment can be seen on her expression as she defeatedly leans onto the soft chair with a sulking pout. As much as the manager hates to see that look on her, she cannot help but to not be bother by it. Things are already bad with Summer constantly abusing her on the daily basis. She cannot afford to add more problems into the idol’s life.

 

Well, Jessica thought otherwise. Ever since she started training in middle school, she always followed everyone else’s decisions but herself. She never has the freedom to do what she wanted. Well, is it the right time to rebel? Inside, she is scared of the consequences of her actions. She remembers the last time she made a decision; it caused the woman she loved to walk out the door. She was traumatized to make her own decision ever since then.

 

But deep down in her heart, she knew she cannot stay that way. Sooner or later, she needed to find an escape. She has to free herself from the cage she has been imprisoned in for so long or else she is nothing but a dying bird that refused to fly away.

 

She is foolish to believe this idea in her mind. She may as well label herself a ‘fool’ with a tattoo written on her forehead to go along. But who knows? Her foolishness could save her. This tragic life of hers’ could turn upside down and Kim Taeyeon will be the cause of it.

 

She stands up abruptly making Seulgi to almost choke on her drink. The manager looks at her confusingly. “What are you…” Her speech stops when Jessica suddenly leaves her seat and going towards the stairs. Seulgi quickly puts down her drink and chases over the idol to stop her from leaving.

 

“Y-yah! What are you doing?” She was whispering but it was loud enough for Jessica to heard her. She turns to look at her. Her eyes seemed to be determined making Seulgi to be speechless.

 

“You can leave this place. If the company found out I’m here, you can say I must have sneaked out again without your knowledge. I’ll take the punishment by myself, so don’t worry.” The brunette explained and continues to walk down the downstairs. Seulgi takes a hold of her arm. They both look at each other.

 

“Look, I know you are grateful towards her. But we can always send gifts or something. I can arrange it.” Seulgi said.

 

“No, this is different.” Jessica spoke. Her tone sounds different. She seems serious than ever and this is the first time ever Seulgi have seen this side of hers. She is always been this sweet, fragile and innocent young woman. She never really goes against anyone’s words. So, for her to give Seulgi such a look with those eyes; she is scarier in comparison to Summer. “She saved my life. If it wasn’t for her, I would not be standing here. I don’t want to rebel against you. But I have to if you don’t let me see her.”

 

Seulgi stares at Jessica in the eyes before she finally sighs and let go of her. “For once, I’ll let you break the rules. I consider that I’m nothing more but just a friend looking after you.” She looks at the bar section where it is getting much more crowded. “If we go now, people might find out your identity. So, we’ll stay around until it’s near closing time.” Seulgi said.

 

Jessica’s gaze changes and she is now smiling behind her mask. Seulgi knows she is happy. Well, they may be breaking the rules and she is also causing a risk to her job. But if this could change something in Jessica’s tragic life, she would want to support her even if she is neglecting her duties.

 

***

 

Hours passes by, it was already around three forty-seven. Seulgi is already at her third bottle of beer while Jessica have fallen asleep. There’s not much customers left in the pub since most of them have already left by two o’clock except for a few groups still having some drinks. The staffs have already started cleaning the place. “Oh… my back.” Jessica slowly gets up and stretches her sore body. Years of sleeping while sitting down, her body still cannot get used to the back pain.

 

“You’ve been asleep for quite a while.” Seulgi said. She chuckles seeing her half-awake face.

 

“I got really sleepy while waiting.” Jessica rubbed her eyes while yawning. It’s been a while she has quite a decent sleep. With her promotional activities as a soloist filling up her daily schedules, she could only take short, interval naps in between her car rides to different stations. If it’s not in the car, she would often fall asleep in the waiting room. She looks at the bar only to see Taeyeon is no longer there. Her absent made her fully awake. She stands up and looks around the place to spot the bartender but she is nowhere around.

 

“Calm down, I saw her went to the staff’s room.” Seulgi informed while casually drinking the beer in her hand. “I wanted to tease you a little.” She chuckled. Jessica looks at her in disbelief. Seulgi is indeed different if she leaves her role as the manager of the group. “I think she’s going to come out soon. How about you go to the toilet and fix yourself first? I doubt you wanted to be seen looking like that.” She pointed at Jessica who currently looking like a mess. Well, she did fell asleep with almost her whole face covered. Her makeup is already smudged.

 

“I appreciate if you would stop giving me that teasing laugh of yours.” Jessica turned away to go downstairs while Seulgi just holds in her laughter. Since there’s not much customers left, Jessica can safely go anywhere without the fear of being discovered. The ones left are already half-drunk so even if they accidentally see her, she’ll doubt they would remember the next day. She goes to a hallway where there is a ‘toilet’ sign outside. She makes her way cautiously to the female section and gently opens the door.

 

There is no one around but herself. She sighs in relief as she walks in. At least she can take off the mask and hat she has been wearing since earlier. It was getting hotter and uncomfortable for her. She starts washing off the makeup off her face. Not bringing the makeup remover was a bad idea, she thought. It’s hard to get it wipe off with just water unless you’re willing to stand there for a while. Suddenly, she hears footsteps outside the toilet.

 

“Is someone in there?” A woman’s voice spoke from behind the door. Jessica panics and quickly leaves her belongings near the sink. She retreats into of the cubicles before shutting the door. She was about to lock it when she realizes it was broken. She curses silently at her bad luck. “I guess no one’s in here.” The sound of the door was opened followed by footsteps. Jessica hurriedly climbs on top of the toilet pan and holds the door shut with one of her legs. Due to her lack of flexibility, she starts to grunt painfully at a low voice.

 

She hopes whoever’s outside would do their businesses quick and be gone before Jessica’s leg decides to give up on her.

 

Well, let’s just say it won’t be happening.

 

“Why can’t we hang out in the staff’s room instead? Or better yet, at your place?” The woman earlier asked. Judging from the tone of her voice, she is currently flirting with someone. Jessica could only feel displease by the awful timing. She may have an experience of kissing a woman once in her lifetime but having to hear a woman being flirty with another woman is just an awkward place to be.

 

“Why are you ignoring me?” She sounded disappointed for being ignored. Whoever’s with her is obviously not interested in her at all.

 

“I told you not to come here. I’m working and I don’t like distractions.” A familiar voice spoke. Jessica gasps but quickly slaps shut. It was no other than Kim Taeyeon standing outside with another woman. She never would’ve thought Taeyeon is ‘that’ type of a woman. No, she might be jumping to conclusions too quick.

 

“See? You don’t like distractions but you don’t necessarily hate it.” The woman continues to try wooing the bartender who obviously just wanted her to leave.

 

“I take back my words. I hate distractions. Now, please leave.” Taeyeon sternly said and attempted to walk away but the woman grabs her shoulders. She easily pins her to the wall. Taeyeon heaves a sigh and looks at the taller woman in the eyes. It was nothing but lust. Of course, what else it could be? There’s no way a woman would come back to her for any other reason than .

 

“There, there. You really made me feel so blissful that night. It’s unfair to treat me like a mere stranger now.” She whispered in Taeyeon’s ear making her shivers at her alcoholic scented breathe.

 

“I thought I’ve told you. One night and that was it. I am no longer interested for another hook up.” Taeyeon’s words made the woman annoyed. She proceeds to put her thighs in between Taeyeon’s legs and starts grinding. What a petty attempt to turn things around; that was the bartender’s thought.

 

“I do not care. I’ll make you beg for me to touch you.” She wraps her hand around Taeyeon’s neck as her other hand caresses her thigh. Her movements are desperate. Taeyeon could feel the need for her to ‘release’ and by touching her unwillingly, it arouses her. What a weird kink.

 

Jessica who is still stuck in the toilet could only shut ; trying the best she could to stay quiet so her presence won’t be expose. Her leg is getting tired with each second passes by. Oh, how she felt regretful for not taking that yoga class back then as a trainee. Now her body is just screaming pain. Well, things could not get any worse when she starts hearing moans outside. Her eyes widen as her whole face turns reddish.

 

A kiss is way, way, way different than actually doing it. In fact, Jessica is way too innocent to even know how ‘’ actually works when it involves two women.

 

“Ah, don’t let me play by myself. Come on, touch me.” The woman is clearly trying to make Taeyeon do it and be done with it. But the bartender has set her boundaries from the very beginning. She has no interest into doing so just for the sake of satisfying a one-night stand partner. But the taller woman was clearly not getting the signs. She is forcing herself to be pleasure even with Taeyeon feeling displeased about the whole idea.

 

The moans start getting louder when she forcefully on Taeyeon’s thigh. The bartender only watches her with a straight face. There is absolutely no hint of lust and desires at all in her eyes. At this point, she looks pitiful. “For God’s sake…” Jessica clenched her teeth. Having to hear a woman and gasping while she is hiding inside the cubicle certainly an experience she did not want to ever have. Things got worse when Jessica’s legs have given up on her. Suddenly, an immense pain of cramp attacks her on the calf and she instantly reacts to it by falling forward.

 

The door busts open making the woman to immediately stop what she is doing and she releases Taeyeon. They stand there as they look at the figure just laying on the floor while grunting in pain. “What the… were you secretly stalking us!?” The woman shouted. Taeyeon ignores her outrage and walks away calmly. She crouches down to take a look of the person’s face. She pulls her shoulder only to be reveal the person on the floor is no other than Jessica Jung.

 

“.” She cursed before she quickly took off the jacket, she was wearing to cover her face. “Seriously, why are you always going out doing this type of stunt?” She whispered to Jessica who just stays silent under the thick jacket.

 

“Who is it?” The woman tried to approaches Jessica but Taeyeon quickly stood up and halted her. “Leave.”

 

“W-what? Are you being serious now?” She is in disbelief. Well, she shouldn’t really be shock when she almost committed ual harassment against the bartender.

 

“I give you five seconds to leave before I call the guards and kick you out.” Taeyeon took out her phone from the inside of her pocket and shows the dialed number on the screen. The woman gritted her teeth.

 

“I regret ever sleeping with you!” She screamed at a desperate attempt to make Taeyeon feel guilty. The bartender only shrugs her shoulders with a plain expression on her face; not giving a single care in the world of how she felt. The woman got too frustrated that she let out an outrage, high-pitch scream and left the scene.

 

“Jeez, I hate when that happens.” Taeyeon puts back her phone inside her pocket and crouches down to take her jacket off from Jessica’s face. She gives an unamused look at her. “What the hell are you doing here?” She asked.

 

Jessica hurriedly stands up only for her leg to betray her again; causing her to kneel down. Taeyeon continues to stare at the brunette who seems to be anxious to be at her presence at such a sudden timing. She lets out a sigh. “I assumed you heard everything.”

 

Jessica gives a quick glance at her before looking away with a blushing face. She shyly nods. Taeyeon could only slap herself mentally for not being careful with her surroundings. Well, it’s not that she is embarrassed about being with women. But she doesn’t necessarily open up about her ual preferences especially not to a young woman she barely knew. An idol at that too. She must be so shock by the whole situation.

 

“Is your leg okay? Can you walk?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica tries to move but fails to do so. The bartender knows she cannot really leave her behind. For some odd reason, doing so makes me feel bad which is weird since she has always been the type of person who do not care about others’ well-beings.

 

Maybe that incident at the rooftop gives her a sense of responsibility towards Jessica; where she needs to care for her even though they barely knew each other. Well, un-aware to the idol, Taeyeon has been thinking about her a lot. She just never goes out to try and meet her since she knows an idol has a way different life than a normal folk like her.

 

Did fate led them to meet again? Even that very thought is a cringe for Taeyeon.

 

“Let’s go to the staff’s room.” Taeyeon goes ahead and put Jessica’s arm on her shoulders. She then wraps her right arm around her waist to support her upper body. “Cover your face with my jacket.”

 

Jessica did not say a word and just do what Taeyeon had instructed her. She covers half of her face with the jacket. They carefully made their way out of the toilet to the staff’s room not far from there. Since it’s only a few minutes left until closing time, the customers have left and all the staffs have gone to tidy up the place. However, it was still not safe for Jessica to reveal herself. Therefore, she could only trust Taeyeon.

 

After a few more steps, they have arrived at the staff’s room. The place is empty which is a relief hence Taeyeon quickly took the chance to settle Jessica down on one of the chairs and then immediately lock the door once its closed. She let out a tired sigh before she turns around towards the brunette. “You can take off the jacket from your face now.” Jessica realizes she have been holding the piece of clothing on her face for a while and puts it away the moment Taeyeon told her so.

 

“I’m s-sorry for troubling you again.” She apologized. Her eyes staring down on her laps. She expected Taeyeon to bluntly say something rude out loud but she receives nothing but only silence. The brunette slightly lifts her head up to look at Taeyeon who just stood there quietly. She starts to feel anxious as she wonders if the woman is angry at her for suddenly coming at her work place without her permission. Upon overhearing the conversation with that woman earlier in the toilet, she seemed to think the idea was a nuisance.

 

“I-I…can go home if you want me to.” “Stay there.” Taeyeon interfered her. Jessica got taken aback but she manages to respond with a nod. Taeyeon walks to her locker nearby and took out a can of spray. She then approaches Jessica before kneeling on one leg. “Can I open this?” She pointed at her pants. Jessica just nods her head again to say ‘yes’. Taeyeon proceeds to slowly lifts up Jessica’s cramp leg and gently puts her feet on top of her own thigh. She cautiously folds her pants up to her knee.

 

“I’ll spray this. It’s going to be cold.” Taeyeon warned before spraying her leg. Jessica yelps at the cold effect of the medicine. Once she has done spraying the calf area, Taeyeon goes ahead to gently massage the injured area. “Tell me if it hurts.” She spoke softly as her hands continue on massaging. Jessica tries hard to hold in the pain but ends up letting out a short, high pitch yelp when Taeyeon hit a certain area.

 

“I-I’m sorry!” She immediately apologized. She didn’t want to annoy Taeyeon. The bartender, however, did not seem to feel it’s a nuisance at all. She reaches out to hold Jessica’s hand and puts it on her top of her shoulder. It made Jessica to feel shy at the sudden gesture. Her face turns slightly red as her heart beats faster than usual. “Your voice will attract people. So just grip onto my shoulder if its painful.” Taeyeon calmly said. She continues on to massage the cramped area.

 

Jessica, as being told earlier, holds in her yelps and grunts. She grips onto Taeyeon’s shoulder; not even realizing her long nails are digging into her skin. Despite the stinging pain, Taeyeon didn’t feel bother at all and continues to massage her leg.

 

“There you go.” Taeyeon stands up and stretches herself to ease the soreness on her back. Jessica sits silently on the chair; fidgeting with her fingers. Now that she is in front of Taeyeon, she doesn’t really know what to say. It seems everything she wanted to ask earlier disappears from her mind and now she is completely blank. Maybe it’s because of the whole awkward incident that happened in the toilet made her feel much more awkward than she had anticipated. It’s not something she had expected to happen during their second meeting.

 

“Why are you here?” Taeyeon initiated the conversation with a question. Jessica straightens her back as she clears . “Actually… well, a staff was running an errand and we went to the store to picked up some stuffs. I…umm, saw this place and I thought it was familiar. So, I decided to come in here with Seulgi…” She gasps after realizing she had completely forgotten about her manager. “Seulgi!” She quickly took out her phone and sees many missed calls. It was no other than Seulgi.

 

She quickly calls her back. Once the call is connected, the first thing she hears is a loud ‘yah’ from an anxious Seulgi. “I thought you went missing again! I was worried! I was looking around for you when the staff approached me and escorted me out since it was closing time!”

 

“I’m really sorry. Some unexpected things happened and I ended up here with…her.” Jessica said. Taeyeon raises her eyebrow. Why did she not mention her name? She then realizes Jessica never knows what her name is. She never properly introduces herself. The only time she mentioned who she is was during the night when Jessica almost jumps off from the rooftop.

 

“I’m guessing you’ve met that bartender.” Seulgi heaved a sigh. “Jessica, I don’t want to be that person but it’s already late. We have to go back. Please tell her to you outside to the car.”

 

Jessica did not give a response. She stares at Taeyeon while gripping the phone in her hand. She knows if she stays any longer, she would risk being expose. The staffs would come in here soon. Besides, if the company finds out she has been sneaking out and breaking the curfew rules, both her along with Seulgi will get punish badly. Even worse, her manager would receive the worse backlash in comparison to her since it is her job to ensures she goes in and out according to schedule. Knowing the company, she knows how much the CEO have lack of mercy and compassion towards his own staffs.

 

“Jessica? Jessica? Yah, did you hear me?” Seulgi kept calling her out but Jessica continues to stay quiet. She gave herself all the reasons to leave this place but her heart decided to be stubborn. Despite her mind telling her to get up and walk out, her legs refuse to move. She stays put on the chair; not really knowing what exactly should she do. She should go but she wanted to be here with Taeyeon. There’s so much things she wanted to say.

 

She has been thinking about Taeyeon ever since their first meeting and she desperately wanted to get to know the bartender.

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon takes the phone away from her. “What are you doing?” Jessica questioned. The older woman ignores her and decides to speak with Seulgi. “Hello, is this Seulgi?” She spoke with a calm tone. The manager got taken aback by the unfamiliar voice but she keeps her composure.

 

“Yes, I’m her manager. I’m sorry to disturb your short reunion but she needs to go back to the dorm before the company finds out she has been sneaking out after curfews again. She’ll received punishment if she is discover staying at the pub this late hour.” Seulgi explained with such a professional tone.

 

Taeyeon turns to glances at Jessica’s expression. From the looks of it, she didn’t seem to be wanting to leave. She then turns back around and let out a sigh. “I have my own car. I will send her back to her dorm by myself.” She replied. Jessica’s eyes widen at her words; completely disbelief of what she just heard. Seulgi is also surprise by her responses.

 

“A-ah, well, are you sure? It’s not easy to do it your way. I mean, I think you are aware that she is an idol and you might get yourself into trouble. I know you’re being considerate of the whole situation but please reconsider your decision.”

 

“My car’s windows are tinted. It is completely dark and no one can see the driver as well as the passenger from the outside. I think she won’t be expose. Besides, I’m a good driver so driving her back to her dorm before the clock strikes five would not be a problem. I can easily avoid the traffic and make sure she is back before the company finds out she is gone. That is my promise.” Taeyeon explained.

 

Jessica just stands there in awe at how much Taeyeon is willing to convinces her manager to let her stay longer. The sight of it makes her heart feel warm and fuzzy inside.

 

On the other side, Seulgi leans her back on the car as she stares at the pub from the outside. She wanted to reject the idea but it seems that it would be futile. Judging from Taeyeon’s voice, she is sure that woman will continue on trying to persuade her until she said yes. She chuckles at how amuse she is towards this woman. “I’ll trust you.” She replied. “Kindly give me your number.”

 

“I will text you.” After thanking and bidding a farewell, Taeyeon turns off the call. She turns around to face with Jessica and gives back her phone. “Let’s go to the rooftop.”

 

Jessica looks at her before responding with a nod. A huge smile spreads across her lips. She did not bother to hold back her expression and Taeyeon clearly sees how happy she feels. Weird, she thought. Taeyeon wasn’t particularly nice to her during the day after the incident. She had said some offending remarks as well. So, she could not understand why Jessica is so happy to even be with her. Usually, all the women that spent the day with her would either completely ignores her afterwards or came back mainly for the .

 

But, Jessica, the woman she just offered a place to sleep for a night and fed her breakfast; how come she is that excited to be meeting her again? It’s not like she remembers about that night. Whatever it is, Jessica is different than those she has met in her life and it made Taeyeon curious on how far their fates would bring them.

 

After cautiously going through the staffs outside who are busy cleaning the place, the two women make their way up to the rooftop. Taeyeon is walking at the front while Jessica silently trails from behind. She observes the older woman from the back; eyeing her highlighted hair to her slim, petite figure to her black pair of boots that seemed to boost her height. She then notices the tattoo behind her ear. It was a Pisces symbol. There’s also a medium-sized tattoo on the back of her neck. It was written in some-type of an italic font.

 

It somehow makes Jessica to wonder is it painful to get a tattoo that size? How would it look like if she got herself one? She always wanted a tattoo. But due to her innocent and pure concept the company have put on her ‘idol persona,’ she never got the chance to have one.

 

They arrive at the door. Since the incident, the exit to the rooftop was locked by Hyoyeon to avoid further accidents. Taeyeon did mentioned to her about the incident but she never told the person who almost attempted suicide was an idol. Despite Hyoyeon being her close cousin, she cannot simply expose a person’s identity without their permission. She takes out a key to access the lock. She made a copy of it since she always hangs out to rest at the rooftop after her shift ends.

 

Once the door opens, they both steps outside to be welcome by the cold, gentle breeze of the midnight. Taeyeon stretches her sore and tired body. She let out a sigh of relief when she hears a small pop from her back. She takes out a cigarette from the inside of her pocket. Although she never like the idea of someone else seeing her smoking, she did not mind to let it off once in a while.

 

She lights up the cigarette and exhales the smoke smoothly through her nostrils. Jessica once again stays silent. She just stands there while observing Taeyeon who is casually smoking in front of her. In her mind, the woman in front of her is so different and opposite from her.

 

Her appearance screams charismatic and cool. She looks like that idol with a girl-crush concept. But, despite her looks, she is actually calm and mostly uninterested with those around her. She has a plain, straight expression and often times she does not filter her words. She says whatever is in her mind. To put it simple, she is absolutely blunt. Jessica is awe by her. A beauty with a calm and caring persona. She wonders how would she reacts if she ever sees the way Summer treats her.

 

Well, she would probably ignore it. Whatever happens in Jessica’s life, it won’t be her problems. No one is willing to be caught with her troubles, especially knowing how powerful Summer is with her wealth. It’s a complete joke for Jessica to ever dream that Taeyeon would come barging into her life and tear things apart. She is certainly not Tamako in The Handmaiden movie. Tamako who saved her lover, the lady Hideko from all the abuses she faced in her life.

 

“Save your tears.” Taeyeon spoke all of the sudden. Jessica snaps back into reality. She did not realize she has been caught up in her own thoughts that tears start falling on her face. Taeyeon reaches out to gently wipe away the tears staining her cheeks. Jessica stares at her soft eyes. Her gaze makes her chest feel tight with the pain she held back for years. feels dry. She wanted to burst out and just cry on the spot.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with crying. But if you’re crying over someone who has been hurting you, then don’t cry. Save your tears. That person who caused you pain is not worth the tears that stained your face.” Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica understands what she meant. Even if she cries and screams in agony, it would not stop Summer from ever abusing her. To stop herself from crying is a reminder to herself she should stops being vulnerable and she should face those traumas with an iron heart. Taeyeon is indirectly telling her she is not weak.

 

“My name is Kim Taeyeon.” Jessica looks at Taeyeon as she introduced herself properly for the very first time. “You can just call me Taeyeon.” She smiled.

 

It was just a small smile but it was genuine. It was real. It moves Jessica’s scarred heart.

 

Kim Taeyeon, that’s her name. The woman who saved her. The woman that came into her life unexpectedly and caused a riot in herself.

 

***

 

Hello! Finally posted chapter 4. I'm sorry for the delayed update. My back is sore so I took a break from typing. As always, welcome new readers. Thank you for subscribing and voting <3 I appreacite it. Well I did swerved a bit from my original plan of only uploading short chapters lmao. Still, I hope you guys enjoy it. :)