Chapter 18

Save Your Tears.

 

Chapter 18

 

It is the third day that Yewon has been staying with them. After Taeyeon and Jessica officially became lovers, they have made a promise to keep it a secret from everyone else. At first, Taeyeon was excited to tell the news to the others. But Jessica was still unsure about letting them know. So, to respect her wish, Taeyeon went along with the decision. To her, having Jessica as her girlfriend is enough. But that does not mean it is easy…for her.

 

This morning, while Jessica was eating breakfast, Taeyeon found herself staring at her glossy lips and ended up choking on her coffee when they made eye-contact. When she was busy folding the laundry in the living room, Jessica snuck behind her and gave her a surprise kiss on the cheek before retreating back into the bedroom. Then, when Taeyeon went to do the dishes after lunch. Jessica sneakily hugged her from behind and ran off again.

 

It seemed that Jessica was eager to have any physical contact with Taeyeon every time Yewon went to the toilet. Although she wanted to keep their relationship in secrecy, Taeyeon cannot help but having troubles to hold herself from jumping on her. Jessica enjoys  seeing her blushing face and awkward gestures. Jessica Jung is such a cheeky-teaser.

 

“I’m meeting my friend downstairs. I’ll be back in a bit.” Yewon told Jessica. She spares a glance at Taeyeon before heading out of the apartment. Taeyeon continues cutting the vegetables for tonight’s dinner while Jessica guiltily looks at her.

 

“I’m really sorry about Yewon. She’s been bothering you a lot.” Jessica apologized. Taeyeon glances at her for a few seconds before focusing back on her prepping. Jessica feels slightly nervous when Taeyeon did not return a respond. She knows well-enough that Taeyeon is not the type to talk when she is annoyed. “A-are you mad at her?” She asked.

 

Taeyeon finally puts down the knife. She lifts her head up. “I am. She kept saying ‘minus-point’ to me ever since she arrived. It feels like I’m having a test.” She spoke in a lower tone to show her annoyance.

 

“Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

 

Taeyeon silently stares at Jessica for a good one minute. She looks down at a plate of cucumbers she had cut earlier. She picks up a slice. “Eat this and I’ll feel better.” She plainly replied.

 

Jessica is taken aback by Taeyeon’s request. She looks at the slice of cucumber in between Taeyeon’s fingers with wide eyes. “Y…You want me…to eat…this?” She wanted to make sure if Taeyeon was being serious. When she sees Taeyeon responds with a nod, she could not help but to gulp nervously. Cucumber has been her greatest ‘enemy’ since she was a child. Even the scent of it makes her shivers in disgust. She hates it so much.

 

However, Jessica may need to put aside her hatred for cucumber tonight. She nervously takes the piece from Taeyeon and looks at it with a frown. She tries to reason with her girlfriend. But Taeyeon is waiting for her fulfill what she wishes for. Jessica could only holds her breath in, as she slowly opens to take a bite of the vegetable.

 

“Wait.” Taeyeon spoke. Jessica halts. Her eyes begging that Taeyeon would take back what she had told her to do. But too bad, it is not that. “Eat the whole thing.” She instructed.

 

Jessica feels as if she just wants to dramatically falls onto the floor. “Can’t I just take a small bite?” She asked in a whining tone. Taeyeon firmly disagree. It is either she eats the whole slice of cucumber or Taeyeon will keep sulking. This is a bit childish. Jessica, once again, holds her breath in and with a dolphin-like screech, finally puts the whole slice in . She can taste the horrible flavor inside as she munches on it.

 

Taeyeon lifts her brow with an amused smile. “Is it that bad?” She questioned. Jessica responds by frowning and pressing her lips in disgust. It really tasted so bad to her. Taeyeon let out a quiet chuckle. “Fine.” She leans forward and place her hands gently on Jessica’s cheeks. She uses her thumb to softly pulls down Jessica’s chin to open and slides her tongue inside. Jessica is shock by the sudden gesture but her eyes close almost instantly when she feels Taeyeon’s soft tongue on hers’.

 

Taeyeon skillfully takes the last bits of the cucumber from Jessica’s tongue. She leans back and stares at Jessica; who is breathing quite heavily from the physical moment just now. “The cucumber taste better when it’s from your mouth.” She teasingly smirked. Jessica’s heart is beating so fast that her ears deafen. Her face turns red. Well, she never imagines that Taeyeon was planning to do that. She forgot how experienced Taeyeon is with these type of things.

 

“Now, I’m fine.” Taeyeon goes back to prepping, as if she did not just make her girlfriend weak in the knees. Jessica covers her blushing face behind her hands. Maybe…eating cucumber is not that bad anymore. She stills hate it though.

 

Yewon returns shortly after. She goes to the kitchen with a brown bag in her hand. It was desserts her friend had gifted to her. She cannot wait to share it with Jessica. “My friend gave us some desserts from her bakery. We can eat it together.” She turns to Jessica. She feels worried seeing her red-face. “Are you okay? Why is your face red?” She asked. Jessica’s nervously looks at Yewon. She cannot tell her that she was sharing a tongue-moment with Taeyeon earlier.

 

“N-nothing!” Jessica accidentally raised her voice. Yewon feels worrier and put her palm on Jessica’s forehead. She can feel Jessica’s body temperature is getting warmer and warmer. “It looks like you’re having a fever.” She claimed. Jessica quickly leans back while shaking her head furiously. “I-I’m fine!” She said to Yewon.

 

Taeyeon carries the small plate in her hand. “I think something made her hot.” She spoke and bites on a slice of cucumber. She secretly throws a playful smirk at Jessica before turning around. Jessica clumsily stands up from the chair. “I-I’ll g-go wash my face!” She quickly left with a concern Yewon trailing behind her. Taeyeon glances at them and smiles brightly on her own.

 

**

 

Dinner was served. As usual, Yewon is not that keen to eat what Taeyeon have prepared for her. But she is not that rude to reject it. She eats with the two of them anyways, although she dislikes the idea of having to share the same table with Taeyeon. Jessica is silently eating her food while trying to avoid Taeyeon’s glances. She cannot stop thinking about earlier. Taeyeon founds it cute. When they finishes eating, Yewon goes ahead to help serve the desserts.

 

“Here’s yours.” Yewon puts the plate down in front of Taeyeon. It is the ‘overly’ sweet one. Judging from Taeyeon’s habit of choosing bitter coffee over jammed toasts, she assumes that Taeyeon dislikes any sweet food. She is spot on. Taeyeon is annoyed again by her trick. However, she only smiles as a gratitude and takes small bites on the cake.

 

“Do you like it?” Yewon eagerly asked Jessica.

 

It seems Jessica is enjoying the sweet treat. She nods while happily putting one piece after another into . She looks at Taeyeon. “Do you want some?” She asked. Taeyeon can see the dissatisfaction on Yewon’s face. Now, it is her time to get back at her. She leans forward and opens . Jessica happily feed her. At least, a moment like this can be done in front of others.

 

Yewon grunts silently. Taeyeon knows what she is doing is childish but she did not mind if it is making Yewon annoyed. Serves you right, she thought. Jessica is way into her own self-enjoyment that she has zero sense on the competition between the two…again. Suddenly, Taeyeon’s phone rings. She checks the screen to see Hyoyeon’s name as the caller. She lazily answers before her cousin starts spamming her with texts.

 

“What do you want?” Taeyeon asked with a disinterest tone. She can hear Hyoyeon scoffing on the other line.

 

Is that how you talked to your boss? You know…the one who gave you a three-months vacation?” Hyoyeon responded.

 

Taeyeon roll her eyes. Well, she should at least be nicer since Hyoyeon was kind enough to have her on a paid-leave. But she cannot help but be that way towards her own cousin. Speaking softly to her is just weird. “Why are you calling me?” She asked with a less rude tone.

 

How’s Jessica? Is she doing okay? You haven’t poison her with your cooking, right?” Hyoyeon teased.

 

“I’m not that bad of a cook like you.” Taeyeon replied. She takes a sharp inhale. “She’s doing okay. We’re having dinner with her…sister. You want to talk to her?”

 

No need. I’m just checking up on her.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“If that’s all, I’m turning off the call…” “Wait a second. Jeez.” Taeyeon lifted her brow when her cousin did not want to end the call just yet. So, she waits for whatever Hyoyeon wants to say to her. “Make it quick.” She told her.

 

Tch, so impatient. I’m calling to remind you about the birthday party.

 

“Birthday party?” Taeyeon felt confused. She can hear another offended scoff from her cousin.

 

Yah, did you seriously forget? It’s my birthday tomorrow!” Hyoyeon was half-yelling on the call.

 

Taeyeon quickly checks the date on her phone and notices that it is already September 21st. She completely forgot about it. Well, she can barely remember her own birthday. Let alone the others. She clears and puts the phone back on her ear. “You know me…I always forget things.” She reasoned.

 

At least remember your cousin’s birthday! I…never mind! Anyways, I’m throwing a dinner party tomorrow night at the pub. I’m only inviting close family and friends. So, you can bring Jessica and her sister too.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Taeyeon frowns while thinking about the idea. She hesitates to bring Jessica outside. They were lucky enough that the craze paparazzi and fans did not know where Taeyeon lives. They could hardly reached the car when they were leaving the hospital. She feels bad if Jessica has to face those flashing cameras and noisy reporters while she is recovering. But it would be bad for Jessica to contentiously stay inside and not being able to do things other than just laying down and binge-watch movies.

 

“I’ll…ask her.” Taeyeon replied. Before Hyoyeon can even give a respond, she turns off the call.

 

“Who’s that?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon simply smiles and shook her head. She will ask Jessica if she wants to go to the party after giving some thoughts about it. It is better to be cautious considering the situation they are in.

 

**

 

Taeyeon sits outside on the balcony. She has been thinking whether to bring Jessica to the party. She doubts that Yewon would agree to that idea. She would probably give another ‘minus-point’ to her for wanting to go to the pub with Jessica. Taeyeon found herself sighing while leaning her upper body on the panel. She wonders if she is thinking too much on such a trivial matter. She is being an overly protective girlfriend. But how can she not be if the woman she is dating is an idol?

 

“Tae?” Jessica called. Taeyeon turns around to see her standing at the sliding door. She gestures her hand to tell her to come outside. So, she did. She stands next to Taeyeon and watches the night-view below.

 

“Where’s Yewon?” Taeyeon asked. She has not seen her ever since the two dismissed themselves to the bedroom after dinner. She guesses Yewon did not want to see Taeyeon’s face after what happened during dinner.

 

“She’s in bed. Yewon has always been an early sleeper.” Jessica answered. Taeyeon nods her head. There is a momentary silence. Taeyeon feels a weight on her shoulder. Jessica is laying her head down and Taeyeon naturally puts her arm around Jessica’s waist; pulling their bodies closer. Jessica sighs in content. Taeyeon smiles while she looks at her through the corner of her eyes.

 

“It still feels like a dream.” Jessica spoke. “I’ve never thought we could be together.”

 

Taeyeon takes a deep breath. “Me too. I really thought…I’ve lost you. I was being really mean to you.” She guiltily said. Although it is a thing of the past, she still holds herself accountable for being such a selfish person that she had hurt Jessica.

 

Jessica lifts her head up and puts her hand on Taeyeon’s face. She smiles when Taeyeon leans to her touch. “I hurt you too. I still feel bad about that.” She caressed Taeyeon’s cheek softly with her thumb.

 

“You don’t have to. Being here with you…is enough for me. I don’t need anything else. I’m happy that you love me back and…” Taeyeon leans her forehead with Jessica. “I’ll do my best for you.” She said.

 

Kim Taeyeon, a player, a woman who has never taken any relationship seriously. To her, those men and women she had slept with, were merely for fulfilling her ual urges. She will never fall for anyone. Well, until she met Jessica, a woman she is willing to kneel for. She can say it proudly that Jessica Jung is her first love and she would do anything for her. Even if she has to fight against a crowd. She will be anything that Jessica wants her to be.

 

The two lovers stare into each other’s eyes. Jessica lower down her eyes to Taeyeon’s lips as she unconsciously her own. Her thumb is still caressing Taeyeon’s cheek. “Can we…kiss?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon is deeply staring at her eyes. She could see her face is turning red despite the dim-lighting. “Yewon could see us.” She reasoned.

 

“Then…don’t let her see us.” Jessica whispered. Taeyeon never knew how she can feel so mesmerize seeing Jessica’s adorable expression. Instead of feeling ‘any ual arouses,’ she wants to shower her with love. “Okay.” She replied with a low voice. She gently pulls Jessica to the dark corner of the balcony and makes her lean on the wall next to the sliding door.

 

Taeyeon could see Jessica is anticipating but still feeling anxious. They have feel each other’s lips (and tongues) before. It was always indirect though. They did not have a proper kiss yet. Truthfully, Taeyeon feels nervous too. Her heart is beating fast that she can hear it loudly in her ears. She gently places her hand again on Jessica’s cheek and the other holding her on the waist. Slowly, she leans closer to Jessica.

 

Jessica’s hand grips onto Taeyeon’s shirt. Her breathing becomes heavier in anxiousness. Her skin feels warm yet cold. Her pupils slightly shaking. “Tae…” She called, almost like an unheard whisper.

 

“Close your eyes.” Taeyeon said. Jessica gulps and did as she is told. Taeyeon looks at her; her thumb caressing her cheek once. She her lips and moves forward carefully. Taeyeon is awkwardly stiff when she finally kisses Jessica. She can feel her soft lips on hers. It is making her dizzy. She had kissed many people before. But when it comes to Jessica, she is acting like it was her first kiss.

 

After a while, Taeyeon leans back and Jessica slowly open her eyes to look at her. Her stare made Taeyeon to not being able to hold back and she goes ahead to kiss her again. This time, she is naturally moving her lips in sync with Jessica. Jessica tugs on Taeyeon’s shirt as she lowly moans by the kiss. It is not intense, only full of love and affection. The type of kiss that makes your heart shaken.

 

That is how their first real kiss goes and it is such a beautiful moment for the lovebirds.

 

**

 

It is past midnight. Yewon is  sleeping soundly in the bedroom. Taeyeon and Jessica are laying down on the couch together. Taeyeon has her backside laying flat on the couch while Jessica is on top of her; her head on Taeyeon’s chest. Taeyeon keeps playing with Jessica’s hair with her fingers. Jessica smiles and snuggles closer to Taeyeon. Her injured arm comfortably lays on the side of Taeyeon’s chest.

 

Taeyeon looks at the clock on the wall and turns to Jessica. “You should go inside. It’s late.” She told her. Yewon might see them and it would not be good.

 

Jessica shook her head against Taeyeon’s chest. “I want to be with you.”

 

“Yewon could see us.” Taeyeon reminded her. As much as she wants to stay like that, she also do not want their secret to be found out. It is Jessica’s wish after all, for things to be that way.

 

Jessica looks at Taeyeon with ‘puppy’ begging eyes. Perhaps a cat would be more suitable. “I’ll wake up and go before she does.” She said. Taeyeon wants to refuse the idea but seeing how those cute-pleading eyes looking at her, Taeyeon cannot help but to give in. She gives a kiss on Jessica’s nose. “Okay, stay here with me.” She carefully hugs Jessica without putting a weight on her injured arm. Jessica happily smiles when she feels the warmth of Taeyeon’s embrace. She has never been this happy for a long time.

 

Soon enough, both of them fall asleep. Even when Taeyeon is talking in her sleep, Jessica remains unbothered since she is such a deep sleeper. What a perfect match, even in sleep.

 

**

 

It is early in the morning. Yewon wakes up and notices that the spot next to her is empty. Jessica is nowhere to be seen. Her phone is seen on the nightstand. She feels weird. So, she decides to call out for Jessica. “Jessica?” She gets up to see if she is in the bathroom. There is no one there. “Hey, Jessica?” She called again. Outside, Jessica miraculously, for the first time is awaken by the sound of her name being called. She recognized the voice. Yewon decides to open the door to go outside the room.

 

Jessica panicky gets up, clumsily pushing Taeyeon on chest, causing her to be awake with a loud groan. Jessica stands while fixing her messy hair. Taeyeon coughs as she holds her painful chest. Yewon walks to the living room and Jessica stiffly stands straight while forcing a smile. “M-Morning, Yewon…” She waved her hand awkwardly. Taeyeon is still coughing.

 

“Morning. You’re up…early.” Yewon lifted her brow suspiciously. Jessica has always been the type to wake up later than her. So, she does find it weird to see that she is already out of bed at this time. She looks at Taeyeon who is coughing and massaging her chest. “What’s wrong with her?” She asked.

 

“O-oh, she…um, accidentally choked…on her saliva.” Jessica lied. “I heard her coughing so I helped take some water for her.” She added. Yewon glances at Taeyeon and nods. “Your phone was ringing. I couldn’t answer the call in time.” She said. Jessica realizes that she had left her phone all-night in the room while she slept with Taeyeon outside on the couch. It could be Tiffany or Seulgi calling her to ask her condition.

 

“I-I’ll go take a look.” Jessica quickly left to the bedroom. Yewon follows her from behind. Once they are inside, Yewon closes the door and locks it. Jessica is unaware of that. She picks up her phone on the nightstand and sees there is no notification for any miscall on the screen. “No one called me.” She turns around to see a serious Yewon approaching her. Her eyes are sharp and her arms crossed over her chest.

 

“Jessica.” Yewon called with a serious tone.

 

“Y-Yes…?” Jessica blinked confusingly. She wonders why Yewon is suddenly acting like this.

 

“I want to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me.” Yewon told her. Jessica still has no clue about what she meant by that but she nods her head anyways. Yewon sharply stares at her. “Were you with Taeyeon the whole-night?” The question made Jessica to be taken aback. Did she saw them laying together on the couch earlier? No, she is sure that she got up before Yewon even arrived to the living room.

 

“No, I just…woke up early and…”

 

“I know you’re lying.” Yewon interrupted before Jessica can even finishes her words. “I didn’t see any glass of water on the table.” She takes a step closer and picks up a strain of hair on Jessica’s night gown. “Your hair isn’t black either. But she does.”

 

“It’s j-just a coincidence…” Jessica keeps trying to pretend. But Yewon would not fall for that.

 

“Tell me the truth. What’s your relationship with Taeyeon? Are you really just friends or…are you more than that?” Yewon firmly asked while her eyes staring sharply at Jessica.

 

Jessica finds herself in a tough spot. Yewon has always been very observant to her surroundings. She can pick up anything that is out of the ordinary than usual. That is why she can never lie to her ever since they were kids because Yewon would always noticed. She would definitely senses that there is something going on with the two of them. Jessica cannot pretend anymore. She knows that they have agreed to keep their relationship as a secret. But if Yewon truly wants to know, she will have to tell her about it.

 

Jessica takes a deep breath in. “You’re right. We’re more than friends. We’re in a relationship and Taeyeon is my girlfriend.” She confessed. She can see the instant disappointment in Yewon’s eyes. Yewon chuckles bitterly and turns away from Jessica. She cannot feel more infuriated by the truth. Taeyeon and Jessica are lovers. “Yewon…” Jessica tries to approaches her. Yewon quickly avoids her.

 

“Yewon, I’m sorry for lying to you. I really do. I wasn’t ready to tell anyone about it.” Jessica reasoned.

 

Yewon scoffs. She is not hurt because she was keeping secrets from her. She did not understand why it has to be Taeyeon. She is fine with whoever Jessica decides to date, a man or a woman. But why a person like Taeyeon? It is ridiculous. “Why her!? She’s a bad influence!” She yelled.

 

“What…Yewon, she’s a good person.” Jessica tries not to raise her voice.

 

“Please. I’ve asked Tiffany about her. She’s 9 years older than you! She’s a smoker and an alcoholic! I saw her stash in the cabinet! She has a foul mouth and a big ego! What else do I need to say to convince you that she’s bad for you!” Yewon shouted. Then, she starts to think if Taeyeon has done anything to forced Jessica into being ‘submissive’ to her. It could be a possibility, at least in her overthinking mind. She marches out of the room and Jessica hurriedly follows her.

 

Taeyeon heard the commotion inside but she has no clue on what happened. When she sees Yewon, she wants to ask about it but she got harshly push by Yewon instead. “What’s wrong with you?” Taeyeon frowned.

 

“What the hell did you do to Jessica? Did you abused her? Did you assault her? There’s no way she’d be so submissive to you!” Yewon angrily shouted.

 

“Abuse? What the are you talking about? I didn’t do anything to her!” Taeyeon defended herself with the truth.

 

Yewon bit her lower lips in frustration. “Please! You’re telling me she chose you willingly? You? Kim Taeyeon?” She let out a bitter chuckle. “Don’t lie to me!”

 

“Yewon!” Jessica intervened by standing next to Taeyeon. She glares at Yewon. She heard every word she had said to Taeyeon. It made her angry at how Yewon accused her with such lies. “How can you say those things to Taeyeon! She has done nothing wrong to me!” She finally raised her voice. “I love her and I wanted her to be my girlfriend!”

 

“Jessica!” Yewon refused to believe.

 

Jessica shook her head. “I’m an adult, Yewon. You have no rights to tell me who I should date. You shouldn’t even intervene with my love life! You’re not my sister! You’re only a kid I grew up with!” She shouted. Taeyeon quickly holds Jessica on the shoulders to calm her down. The fight escalated way too fast that Jessica has blurted out harsh words without thinking.

 

“Yewon…” Taeyeon turns around. She sees the hurtful expression on Yewon’s face.

 

“I’m not your sister, huh?” Yewon nodded. She goes to the front door and leaves the apartment. She did not even bother to change her pajamas. Taeyeon sighs heavily. She knows that they will eventually tell her about their relationship. But she never expected it would be this soon. She turns to Jessica, who is crying from the overwhelming emotion. She embraces her to soothe her tears away. Jessica can only bury her face on Taeyeon’s shoulder as she sobs.

 

Taeyeon shut her eyes as her own trembling hand caresses Jessica’s back. What is going to happen now that their relationship is known by Yewon?

 

 

To be continued.