Chapter 16

Save Your Tears.

 

Chapter 16

 

What am I going to do?

 

Taeyeon has been sighing for the past two hours now. She is standing at the balcony with a cigarette in her hand. Her eyes wanders aimlessly at the sky with her mind filled with many worries. She cannot help but to feel nervous. After the phone-call she had with Tiffany just this morning, she has been worrying non-stop about what she had spoken about.

 

**

 

A day before.

 

“You’ll be discharging from the hospital tomorrow morning, Ms. Jung.” The doctor informed them with a gentle smile. Both Jessica and Taeyeon smiled brightly at the good news. “Please take good care of yourself at home.” He politely bowed and they returned with the same gesture. Then, he left the ward to attend the patient in the next room.

 

“This is good news.” Taeyeon said. Jessica nodded with a such a happy smile on her face. She was glad that she can finally go home. The thought of not having to restrict herself into only eating bland food excited her the most. Suddenly, Summer appeared in her mind. Leaving the hospital meant that she had to face her abusive behavior again. She immediately turned dull by the thought.

 

Taeyeon quickly noticed the sadness on her face. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She worriedly asked.

 

Jessica cannot help but to let her tears fall. “I don’t want to go back.” She whispered. But Taeyeon heard her. She did not need an explanation to understood what Jessica meant by those words. She gently pulled Jessica into her arms and hugged her. Her hand caressing the back of Jessica’s head to soothe her.

 

“Hey, everything’s going to be okay. I promise.” Taeyeon softly spoke. She cupped her hands around Jessica’s face as her eyes stared into hers’. “You won’t be seeing her. I’ll never allow that.” She said.

 

Jessica shook her head. “You know, that’s not true.” She knew far too well that the company will never let anyone but the staffs to enter the dorm. Taeyeon staying there would be out of the question.

 

Taeyeon sighed quietly. “Look, I’ve made some arrangements with Seulgi and we’ll be staying at my apartment. I’ll take care of you until you get better.” Her words left Jessica feeling confused. Taeyeon and Seulgi have never told her about this. Is that even possible? The company is very strict and gives her almost no freedom to be on her own.

 

“How…?” Jessica asked, wondering if was even true or just a lie to make her calm down.

 

Taeyeon smiled and held Jessica’s hand. “We took the risk and we got the approval. You’ll be staying with me and you won’t be seeing Summer anytime soon.” She gave a kiss on her forehead and embraced her again. Jessica put her arms around Taeyeon’s waist and laid her head on her chest. She could not stop her heart from beating fast when she inhaled Taeyeon’s scent.

 

She felt so safe whenever Taeyeon is with her.

 

**

 

Taeyeon went to the hospital’s cafeteria while Jessica was asleep. She had been staring at the warm coffee she bought half an hour ago. She barely took a few sips of it. She kept wondering how Seulgi managed to convinced the company’s CEO to let Jessica to stay with her. Considering her past encountered with Mr. Jang, she was sure that he would never agree to such proposal since she made him pissed-off. Well, she cannot really blame herself since the man was a total creep.

 

Seulgi have texted her around a day after the incident. She only told her that she had everything sorted out and Taeyeon can take Jessica home with her. She did asked what exactly Seulgi had done to get the CEO’s approval. The manager replied, “I have my ways.” Seulgi looked adorable and innocent. How exactly she can stand-up against her own boss?

 

Of course, Taeyeon was unaware that Seulgi had something up her sleeves. She just need the right time to get it done.

 

While Jessica was still unconscious in the ward, Seulgi went straight to the company’s building to meet with the CEO. Despite her co-workers and other managers warning her about the risk, she ignored them. She would not allow herself to stay quiet about this and let Jessica get hurt even more.

 

“Ms. Kang.” Mr. Jang looked at Seulgi who was standing at the door of his office. She saw the passport and paper-works on his desk. She scoffed inwardly. She knew that the CEO had planned to hide Summer from the public until the issue dies down. He had zero care about how much Jessica was badly affected in this situation.

 

“You’re sending Summer away again?” Seulgi dared herself to asked. Mr. Jang scooted his chair closer to the desk and put his elbows on top. He faked a smile. Seulgi has been the only manager that has stayed with the group from the beginning. She knew far too well how things will go on from here.

 

“From what I’ve heard, Jessica was being rude to Summer. You know that she’s emotionally unstable. The incident happened because she couldn’t control herself. So, I’ll be sending her away to get help.” He answered. Seulgi could tell the lies between those words. She cannot hold back her sarcastic chuckle. Mr. Jang reacted to it with a glare. “Are you laughing at me?” He threatened her with a question.

 

Seulgi lifted her head to looked at him directly in the eyes. “It’s funny.” She simply replied. Mr. Jang stood up and approached her. He felt offended that a mere employee such as Seulgi dared to responded him in such a rude manner. “I don’t know what’s funny about this, Ms. Kang Seulgi.” He called her full name to showed his authority as the ‘big and powerful’ boss.

 

However, Seulgi did not back down. “Let me ask you. What about Jessica? Isn’t she affected by this? She’s the one who got pushed down the damn stairs.” She tried to control her wavering tone. Obviously, she was angry. Yet, she cannot let that emotion gets the best of her.

 

Mr. Jang clicked his tongue. He arrogantly put his ends inside his pockets. “Doesn’t she deserve it? She talked back to a senior who was looking out for her. If only she didn’t acted out, she wouldn’t be in the hospital right now.” He was trying to manipulate the situation. It irked Seulgi. This man was really crossing the line. When she did not say a word, he laughed and turned around. “I suggest you put aside that ‘heroic act’ of yours’ and bring Jessica back to the dorm once she is discharge.” He ordered.

 

“That won’t be necessary, Mr. Jang.” He looked at her with his eyebrows raised. “She won’t be going back to the dorm. She won’t be around Summer. She’ll be staying at Ms. Kim Taeyeon’s apartment. Ms. Kim will be taking care of her until she gets better.” Seulgi spoke while keeping a firm stand.

 

Mr. Jang slammed his hand hard on the desk. His face turned red due to his blood-pressure rising. “Who…who are you to give me orders, Ms. Kang!?” He yelled.

 

“May I remind you that I, Kang Seulgi, is her legal guardian?” Seulgi responded. “Her family has given me the rights after her debut. We’ve signed an agreement contract with them. If you deny that, then I’ll  bring this case to the court. How’s that sound?” She stared at him with her piercing eyes.

 

Mr. Jang shut his lips tight. This woman, Kang Seulgi, was not an easy woman for him to step-on. He was fuming in anger, but he should not do anything irrationally. The rumors about Summer being the culprit behind Jessica’s fall had spread throughout the internet and the company received extreme backlashes from the fans. He was still searching for the anonymous user that posted the rumor but so far, he did not find anything. The increasing amount of articles about Summer’s abusive behavior also caused the situation to spiral out of control. Not to mention, the numerous phone calls the company had received since yesterday from Navice’s sponsors; demanding for their clarification about the issue.

 

“You’ll regret this.” Mr. Jang said under her breath. Seulgi brushed it off. “As Jessica’s legal guardian, I’m allowing her to stay with Ms. Kim. I trust her to take care of Jessica on my behalf. I’ll be leaving now.” She bowed at him before heading out without a single glance.

 

This is the least I could do for you.  Seulgi thought.

 

**

 

The next morning, Seulgi had signed the paper-works for Jessica’s discharge. She also brought her belongings from the dorm in a luggage. Now, both Seulgi and Taeyeon are sitting at the waiting hall. Jessica will be coming out shortly after changing her clothes. “So, that’s how you do it.” Taeyeon felt amazed at Seulgi. She had explained to her about the discussion she had with the CEO. Taeyeon feels a chill down her spine, knowing how scary Seulgi can be.

 

“I trust you. I know you’re the only one who can take care and protect Jessica.” Seulgi said. “I’ll be counting on you, Taeyeon.” She added with a gentle look in her eyes. Taeyeon only responded with a nod and a smile. After a while, Jessica is seen being escorted by a nurse to the waiting hall. Since the reporters are waiting outside, the hospital took precaution to make their patient leave safely.

 

“Come on, the guards will hold them off.” Seulgi said. Jessica just nodded. The three brace themselves to go out and get to the car before any of the reporters can approach them. As soon as the entrance door is open, the security guards immediately hold back the reporters from moving forward. Jessica lowers her head as she walks, with Seulgi holding her closely by her side, while Taeyeon follows them from behind.

 

“Jessica! Can you tell us what happened? How did you fell down the stairs?” A reporter shouted loudly among the many who are basically raising their voices as well.

 

“We’ve heard rumors that you had a fight with Summer and she had pushed you! Is that true!?” Another one asked.

 

“Jessica! The fans are really curious if Summer was the one who did this to you!” A question after question were being shot at Jessica. She tried to stay calm but to hear Summer’s name being mentioned countless of times has affected her emotionally. She feels drown by her own anxiousness. Suddenly, a reporter manages to passed by the guards and he immediately jumps in front of Jessica. “Can you please clarified the situation that happened between you and Song Summer?”

 

“No comment.” Seulgi answered on behalf of Jessica and tried to her away but the reporter would not let them leave. He blocks them by standing so close to Jessica that panic is starting to set inside of her. “We just need an answer from you! Please tell us-.” He could not finishes his question. Taeyeon intervenes by taking the recorder from his hand and throws it to the side.

 

“Yah!!” He shouted.

 

“YAH!!!” Taeyeon yelled back with a loud voice, causing the reporter and the rest of the group to shut their mouths. “Have a bit of ing decency, will you?” She spoke while glaring at him. She kicks the recorder further away. “Let’s go.” She put her arm around Jessica’s waist. Seulgi sighs in relief as they quickly go inside the car. Taeyeon takes another look at the group of reporters behind them; sending them a warning through her eyes before Seulgi drives away.

 

 

“Tae, you shouldn’t have done that. They’ll start looking for you.” Jessica said. She feels guilty that Taeyeon had to show her face to those reporters and took action so they could leave. Taeyeon simply smiles and puts her hand on Jessica’s thigh. “I don’t mind.” She calmly replied. Jessica can only hold Taeyeon’s hand in return.

 

While they are on their way to Taeyeon’s apartment, Seulgi got a call. She answers after seeing the contact’s name. “Hello?” The two stay quiet while Seulgi talks on the phone. “Ah, Taeyeon? She’s at the back. Oh, sure. Wait a sec.” Seulgi gives her phone to Taeyeon. “It’s Tiffany. She wants to talk to you.”

 

Taeyeon takes the phone from Seulgi’s hand and put the speaker on her ear. “Hello?”

 

Hey, I’ve been trying to call you but it went straight to voice-mail. I’ve left some messages too.

 

Taeyeon takes out her own phone from her back-pocket and just realizes that the battery died. “Sorry, my phone died. I forgot to charge it.” She said. Jessica keeps looking at Taeyeon. She wonders what they are talking about.

 

It’s fine. I just wanted to tell you that…” Tiffany continues to explain over the phone. Jessica could not hear them clearly. Taeyeon’s eyes widen as she listened to the call. “WHAT?” She yelled all of the sudden. Jessica flinches at the reaction. Taeyeon really does have a loud-voice.

 

“W-what’s wrong?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon looks at her nervously. She tells her to wait a bit since she is in shock too. “When is she going to be here?” Taeyeon remains quiet afterwards. “Okay. No, no…it’s fine. Yeah, bye.” She ended the call and put the phone down. She sighs heavily as her head hung low. Jessica begins to feel worried.

 

“What did…Tiffany said to you?”

 

Taeyeon lifts her head up. “She told me that…your sister, Yewon is going to be here soon.”

 

“Y-Yewon? Yewon is coming to Korea!?” Jessica gasped; shock by the sudden news. She has no idea that she will be coming here. She has a biological sister named Krystal Jung. She also has a so-called adoptive sister; Kim Yewon. In Jessica’s mind, it is way better if Krystal is the one coming since she has a carefree personality. But if it is Yewon…let’s just say. She is the uptight, intelligent type.

 

**

 

Taeyeon has been sitting outside for a while now. The ashtray on the mini-table has a few cigarette buds in it and there is a half-filled glass of wine next to it. She cannot get drunk. But she do need something alcoholic in her system to calm her stress. Jessica peaks outside; staring at Taeyeon quietly. The older woman notices that and turns around.

 

“Why are you standing there? Come here.” Taeyeon patted the seat next to hers’. Jessica did as she is told. She goes to sit down next to her. “What’s with the face?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Is it obvious?” Jessica held her cheek.

 

“You’re bad at it.” Taeyeon responded with a soft-smile.

 

“Sorry, I’m just…I’m really sorry. I have no idea that Yewon is coming to visit me. You’ve already taken me in to live with you. Now, you’ll have to share your apartment with Yewon too.” Jessica felt bad for burdening Taeyeon.

 

But Taeyeon thinks otherwise. Sure, she was stressing out a bit since it was too sudden. Yet, she did not mind having to accommodate another person in the apartment. She pats Jessica’s head while smiling. “You don’t need to feel sorry for me. Besides, she’ll only be here for a week.” She reassured her.

 

“Tae, you don’t know Yewon like I do. She’s…” Jessica’s next words were cut off when the doorbell rings. Both of them stand up abruptly and turn to each other at the same time. She has arrived.

 

Taeyeon braces herself while Jessica takes a deep breath. She opens the front door. “Yewon.” She called. An orange-haired woman stood there with a luggage next to her. She is slightly taller than Jessica and she has foxy-type eyes. She wore a white blouse that was paired with a blue-red knitted jacket and a brown-skirt. Taeyeon only looks at her without saying a word.

 

“Jessie, it’s been such a long time.” Yewon went to hug Jessica with a big smile on her face. Seeing her smiling made Taeyeon to feel at ease. She does not look scarily…uptight to her. Well, that thought is short-lived. After a small talk, Yewon comes inside and meets up with Taeyeon. Her smile instantly drops as her eyes stares at the older woman from head to toe. Taeyeon’s body automatically turns stiff by the her changed expression.

 

“Uh, ehem.” Jessica cleared to clear-up the uncomfortable, tense situation. “This is Kim Yewon. She’s not my biological sister but she’s basically a family to me. Our dads are close friends and we’ve been together since we were little.” She introduced her.

 

Taeyeon nods awkwardly. “I’m…my name…is Kim Taeyeon. It’s nice to meet you, Yewon-ssi.” She introduced herself as she offered Yewon a handshake.  

 

Yewon looks down at her hand. She seems to be sighing silently before she shook hands with Taeyeon. But she did not immediately let her hand go afterwards. Instead, she takes a step closer towards Taeyeon who is surprise by the out-of-the-blue gesture. Yewon takes a deep inhale. Her eyes stare at Taeyeon’s. “You’re a smoker. I can smell the cigarette scent on you. Tch, that’s a minus.” She said.

 

Taeyeon is speechless. This is their first meeting yet she is already thrown with a remark by Yewon. Jessica quickly approaches Yewon and pulls her hand away. “Yewon, please be nice.”  But the younger woman found absolutely no reason to be ‘nice.’

 

“Jessica’s lungs are very precious. All of her organs, no, all parts of her is precious. Do you seriously want to destroy my Jessica with your nicotine addiction?” Yewon slightly tilted her head.

 

“Yewon! Don’t say that. Stop being rude to her.” Jessica said.

 

If this is an anime, there will be an angry-symbol drawn on the side of Taeyeon’s head. She breathes in silently. “I smoke but I never do it inside my apartment. I got this thing called common sense and…a balcony.” She faked a smile. “I’ll be damned.” Yewon feels challenged. Taeyeon knows how to get-back at her. They are having a stare-down. Jessica quickly jumps in before one of them start cursing at the other.

 

“Let-let me show you the bedroom! It was such a long-flight. You really should rest.” Jessica kept tugging at Yewon’s jacket.

 

“Fine. I’ll do that since you’re asking me to.” Yewon smiled. Taeyeon cannot understand how she can be so-cold at her and be such a sun-shine when she is talking with Jessica.

 

“Come on.” Jessica said as she pulled Yewon along. However, she is not leaving without saying anything to Taeyeon. “You’re supposed to be taking care of Jessica but she’s the one showing me to the bedroom. Another minus point there.” She walked away with Jessica who’s silently apologizing Taeyeon in her mind.

 

“Tch.” Taeyeon scoffed. She feels like laughing at her pathetic self. The word ‘uptight’ is not the one for Yewon. ‘Icy-cold Demon’ suits her better. She cannot do anything apart from having to withstand Yewon’s straightforward-rude attitude towards her for a week. The door bell-rings again. It must be Tiffany. She was the one who drove Yewon here. She drag her feet to open the door.

 

“Hey…whoaaaa.” Tiffany could not resist but to put up with ‘is it that bad’ expression after seeing Taeyeon’s face. “Are you okay?” She asked.

 

Taeyeon bitterly chuckled. “I’ll be insane by the end of the week.”

 

 

To be continued.

 

Hello! Well, I've seen some comments suspecting it was Krystal that was coming. Surpise, surprise, it's Kim Yewon! Please don't hate her though. She's a sweet girl. As always, thank you for giving continious support to the story. Thank you for the subs and votes. I appreciate it. Do give your comments about how the story went so far. Yes or meh. Hope you'll enjoy reading the latest chapter. - TeamReowesome