006; where do I go from here

11tcr
Please log in to read the full chapter

november 17, 2019.  

Wonho found himself at Super Panda Bros with Changsub and Jisung as Somi had gathered them together.

"Hey, so why were we called here?" Jisung asked once the quartet were settled.

"I mean, I'm not complaining that we're hanging out again and all that, but this atmosphere is different."

"I second that." Changsub agreed with a nod as he looked at Somi.

"Not saying you're at fault or whatever, but you're never the one that calls for a meet up. That's usually Wonho's job."

"How is that my job?"

Wonho looked over at Changsub.

"It just is. You're the one that always takes charge the most out of any of us."

"I do not."

"You do." The trio agreed.

"I don't."

"But, you do." Changsub stated firmly.

Wonho opened his mouth to protest, but closed it a second later.

"Anyways, guys, back to why I called y'all here. It's because I wanted to apologize for being off the past week," Somi began, "I didn't know how to deal about the news of my uncle and so grew distant."

The trio stayed silent to let their friend talk.

"My uncle hasn't been overseas all these years. He was locked up in Xilaisawenn."

The trio's mouths dropped opened at the news. Somi chuckled softly at their reactions.

"Yeah. My parents lied to me all these years and when he showed up out of the blue after his release, I overheard the conversation between him and my parents. That's the day Wonho comforted me."

"See, Wonho always takes charge." Changsub stated with a grin as Wonho groaned.

Somi chuckled and resumed speaking.

"Anyways, after some time of thinking and just taking ti all in it wasn't right of me to blow you all off or anything like that, but I realized that I need y'all when I have no one else. So thanks for just putting up with me over the years."

"Wow, Somi, that's so touching." Jisung faked cried.

"You're the greatest of them all."

"Anyways, is the relationship okay between you and your uncle?" Wonho asked a second later.

"Yeah. He wanted to tell me the truth, but my parents told him not to at the time." Somi explained.

"Him and I caught up the other day and he's trying to slowly ease back into society with the help of some people."

"Was it super bad?"

"Yeah, did he kill someone?"

Jisung and Changsub asked curiously with Wonho rolling his eyes. Somi shook her head with a small giggle.

"Nope, no killing or the likes, but something about underground gambling."

She changed the topic.

"Anyways, brunch is on me. So order whatever."

The trio eyed her as Somi got the hint from their eyes.

"My uncle gave me some pocket money before leaving the house so I wanna treat y'all out."

"Is the money even safe to use?"

"It's not blood money right?"

"It's his own money, yeah?

The trio asked skeptically as Somi rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Yes. He got it from one of his two part-time jobs at Izakaya Yamada."

"Oh, nice."

"Mmhmm. He's working on getting a third part-time job."

"Good for him."

"Yup. Now order or I'll be spending it on something else."

"Okay, okay!"

The quartet happily ordered as their friendship was fine once again after talking to one another.
 

november 18, 2019. 

Dongwoo's blanked gaze swept the area of his father's home in Tomei. Well, one of a few in all of Lanhom. He was tasked on sorting out some of the personal things in this home as it was closer to his father's work. Minseok was handling the business for now until it got situated while Jonghyun was dealing with all the legal matters. At first they were going to take their time to handle everything, but life couldn't pause for them to just do that and so they needed to proceed with the legal matters even if it was difficult. It was tough, but luckily it wasn't hard to go about it. Anyways, Jonghyun and Minseok told Dongwoo to focus on school, but he wanted to help in some way. Jonghyun allowed his little brother to assist with a task and so here he was with no clue on how to start.

"I guess, I can start with the office."

And that's what Dongwoo did. Unsure of what to start with first, but remembered that Jonghyun had given him the number to their family's lawyer, Ryan Jett, and Dongwoo made a call on what to gather for any legal proceedings and other necessary matters. Dongwoo spent the whole day organizing, labeling, prioritizing, and marking what was the most important to the least important. From the office, the bedroom, the liing room, and practically everywhere and anywhere within his father's home that could be holding some form of documents and possessions. He was so caught up with the task before him and inputting notes on his mobile device that he barely heard the knocks at the door. Dongwoo was confused as to who it may be and looked through the security camera and saw that it an unknown man. He pressed the intercom to speak.

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"Ah, hello. I'm William that lives next door, but sorry, you don't sound like Jinseok. Are you one of his sons?"

"Yes, the youngest."

 Dongwoo didn't want to inform the stranger of his father's passing as of yet.

"How may I help you?"

"Well, if you could inform your father that I'm having a small celebration for my girlfriend's modeling career later tonight if he wanted to stop by."

"My apologies, but my father will not be able to attend. He has business to take care of."

"Ah, I see. Well, the offer still stands if you, yourself, and brothers would like to attend."

"Thank you for the invitation."

"You're welcome. I'll be on my way now."

Dongwoo watched as the William fellow did like an awkward wave while making his way to the apartment next door. Dongwoo let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding as he looked about the place.

"So where do I go from here?"

Dongwoo hadn't thought about telling other people about his father's death and wondered if he had handled it correctly. He made a mental note to talk to their lawyer or his brothers about how to go about that topic. As of now, Dongwoo went back to sifting through his father's items.
 

november 19, 2019. 

"Officer Kim."

Taehyung stopped typing upon hearing his name and gazed up at his superior with a curious look. It was just the two of them at the station in the morning while everyone else was taking care of their own assignments before arriving.

"Yes, Chief Purdy?"

"Have you heard about your upcoming promotion and transfer to headquarters?"

There was talks about transfers and promotions amongst him and the other officers, but he didn't think it was about him.

"Headquarters? No. Why am I being promoted and transfer, Chief Purdy?"

"You've produced excellence results over the year since you've been here at the Illia Police Station. Anyways, the higher ups decided that you'll show greater promise at the First Unit of the Nizho Metropolitan Police Department thanks to your impressive results after evaluation."

"Thank you kindly for your words, Chief, but I can't just leave you guys like that." Taehyung said with a polite smile.

"I really enjoy my time as a part of the squad at this station."

"Don't worry about it, Officer Kim. We all know that you are meant for greater things."

Chief Purdy dismissed with a wave of his hand while also complimenting Taehyung.

"Ah, thank you, sir."

Taehyung became shy upon hearing those words before asking more about it.

"When does my transfer and promotion become effective, sir?"

"After the end of this year starting on the first day of the new year." Chief Purdy answered with a sad smile.

"Oh? That's fast."

"Yup. Just need to finish some more paper work and you'll be hanging with the big shots soon. Just stop by when you're in the area."

"I will, sir."

Chief Purdy walked away after patting Taehyung on the shoulder like a proud father. Taehyung looked about the place he has worked in for the past year and a half. He sure was gonna miss the place and the people he had gotten to know since he started. He continued with his report when the chief asked him for one last thing.

"I know you just got done with the Arin Min case, but could I ask you to take care of something for me while the others will meet you there."

Chief Purdy placed a file onto Taehyung's desk.

"Can do, Chief."

"Poor kids, but poor her."

Taehyung mumbled while typing away on the computer before him after taking care of the assignment Chief Purdy assigned to him earlier today.

"Life really isn't fair."

He sighed deeply while inputting the report of the Poker bust at The Cunning Kiwi into the Illia Police Department's database. Upon glancing at the name of the person, Courtney Park, he had just questioned not that long ago reminded Taehyung of her ghostly friend. He checked up on Courtney's information to see if there was a reason the female spirit to hang around. The spirit may be the cause of Courtney's slightly disheveled appearance and the wonky countdown of her lifespan. It reminded him of Arin Min, but less obscured. Once he found Courtney's file did his eyes wandered to the bottom of her profile and frowned upon seeing the content of it dismissing his previous assumption of the female ghost.

Several incidents of shoplifting and vandalism. Two cases for breaking and entering. Another case for assault and battery against a fellow peer. There was even two for joyriding and another one for jaywalking. The one that caught Taehyung's eyes and concern were several cases dealing with suicide attempts and self-harm over the years since she was in middle school. Although a majority of these occurred during her adolescent years, but the one that worried him was the latest entry from barely a year ago of a critical suicidal attempt.

Taehyung assumed this could be the caused for Courtney's wonky lifespan, but not of the female ghost. Taehyung hoped that another serious self-harm incident wouldn't occur as that might cause that person's lifespan to countdown for sure. He hoped that she received some kind of support and has someone to help her through it. His real concern was if the female spirit had anything to do with the incident. He shook the thoughts away as he exited her profile and went back to his previous work before the chief had told him to take care of the Poker incident incident. He would worry about it another time.

"And that's the last of it for today."

Taehyung took care of his latest assignment while he finished a majority of his reports for the day and let out a yawn while stretching. He stood while gathering his things and bidding goodbye to his colleagues. As he was on his way out of the station he felt a slight headache coming on. He looked up wondering who or what it could be while rubbing at the specific spot. When he looked forward again he came face to face with the female ghost from the Poker case, but without her physical companion.

"Please, I need your help!" She announced breathlessly.

Before Taehyung could ask the spirit on what exactly she needed help with she immediately swooshed away leaving him confused to which turned into concern before hurrying to an active computer. Taehyung quickly entered his login information before finding what he needed and dialed 1-1-2 on his mobile device.

"Hello. Please send an ambulance to block thirty-six on Melody street, apartment number seventy-one of Crystal Towers in Zaira Esme, Nizho. A Courtney Park may be in critical condition due to an attempted suicide. Please hurry. She may be in grave danger. Thank you."

Taehyung hung up and hurried out of the station while flagging down a taxi.

"Hello, sir." The taxi driver greeted him.

"Where will I be taking you this evening, sir?"

"Hi."

Taehyung flashed his police badge.

"I need you to drive up north to Zaira Esme as fast as you can."

"Yes, sir. Right away, sir.
 

november 20, 2019. 

Eunji was in the midst of using her forearm crutches to balance herself without putting any weight onto her right leg. She was doing fairly well with the aid of one of the physical therapists, Nuri Christian, that she was assigned under. Eunji at first thought she wouldn't be able to do it and cause another injury, but with the aid of her PT she was doing pretty well. As she made her way from one side of the room to the other and totally focused on her own thing, she couldn't help but overhear a group of medical students whispering to one another.

"Did y'all see those scars from V 404?"

"Wasn't she admitted yesterday evening?"

"Mmhmm and she hasn't even woken up yet since."

"Wow that's pretty crazy. Is it from shock?"

"Who knows, but she was here a little over a year ago for the same situation from what I heard from one of the nurses."

"No way. Really?"

"Really."

"She's kinda young though with a pretty face. You think pretty people would find a different way to go."

"She tried. Didn't you read the report about her stomach contents?"

"Yeah. Talk about overkilled, but didn't even died from it."

"Do you think she regrets being saved or wished she had done it earlier?"

The group of five giggled amongst themselves as Eunji frowned at ho

Please log in to read the full chapter