diamond candy: a cinderella's story II

11tcr
Please log in to read the full chapter

november 23, 2019. 

Tianya stared off into the distance after creating an account on the REAPER CORRESPONDENCE. Although it happened in the spur of the moment, but she felt at peace with herself and within her mind. She felt a breeze brushed past and shivered at the feel of the coolness against her skin. Tianya realized that it had rain lightly earlier and she was damped. Wrapping her arms around her she gazed at the darkening sky agove her. It was such a lovely sight that the coldness didn't bother her one bit.

Feeling at peace with her heart at ease her eyes gazed returned to the dark horizon and of the dark waters with only the reflection of the moon and stars' light glittering across it. Tianya didn't know for how long she had sat there with the sea breeze blowing against her and becoming numbed against the chill air yet it had cooled the fire that burned within her earlier. The sound of her phone brought Tianya back to the presence. She looked down and saw that it was her mother calling. She quickly wiped the dried tears away and cleared before answering.

"Yes, ma?"

She quietly had a conversation with her mother and told her she'll be home soon. After hanging up she wondered how her mother would react to the fact that she no longer had a boyfriend who had cheated on her. Tianya decided that she'll tell her mother the truth some other time since it was a difficult topic to bring up as it was related to the reason why her parents were divorced. With a heavy sigh Tianya steadily stood while wiping the wet sand off of her skinny jeans. She looked around and was surprised that she had even wandered this far in her previous state, especially in the rain. It was at least a fifteen minute walk to William's home. So that meant it was at least another additional half hour to get back home.

Tianya inhaled deeply, held it, and then slowly released it. She repeated the process a few more times before making her way to the nearest bus stop. While walking she didn't realized that a small crowd had suddenly formed on the same sidewalk that she was walking on. She wondered what was going on and why there were a group of females of all ages waiting outside the Super Panda Bros when she tried to get through. Tianya decided to go around the group, but in the midst of doing that another crowd made of younger females came from out of nowhere and pushed her against the previous crowd screaming.

"He's so hot!"

"He's my ideal type!"

"Mine, too!"

"I can't believe he's here of all places!"

"I know right!"

"Yeah, it's amazing!"

"I hope we can find out where he's staying!"

"He should be staying at least the Four Season or Ritz."

"We should try the areas within airport distance."

"Yeah, true!"

"I wanna be his girlfriend so bad!"

"Forget girlfriend, I wanna be his wife!"

"Let's all be his wives!"

So lost in the confusion of all the screaming from around her and not wanting to get caught up in their actions Tianya pushed her way against the crowd to get out of it. Fortunately she was able to make her way through the throngs of bodies and regained her composure of what she had just gone through. Tianya shook her head at their behavior when she realized that they were behaving that way due to a celebrity. From her view Tianya could make out a tall male covered in a disguised, but the fans still crowded him. She turned away and headed to the nearest bus stop.

november 29, 2019. 

"I seriously knew it was too good to be true. It had to be. I'm such a gullible person." Tianya muttered with a frustrated sigh after checking her phone for the nth time since she had signed up for the REAPER CORRESPONDENCE a few days ago.

"What kind of app exists to make one's dream come true? Zilch."

Tianya sighed again as her mood dampened.

"Why would one even exist if that was so easy to do in real life?"

Tianya received no responses since creating the account. Heck, she received no replies after making a post in wanting to get back at her ex-boyfriend. She knew that her post had a lot of views, but not one person commented on it. Even when she clicked on the other profiles of the other users it went to private mode. Tianya could only see her account, her own post, and the posts of others yet a click into a profile and it just wasn't viewable. She couldn't even comment on any of the other posts as well. It was totally weird.

"Maybe it's just a site for ranting and nothing more. A place that's just another place to escape from reality."

Tianya reasoned while putting away her mobile phone and resumed work. She debated whether to take some personal days off, but didn't want to mope around the house causing her mother to worry. Her mother had her health to worry about instead of her own child to add to it. Besides, Tianya needed to work to provide for herself and for her mother so she couldn't lose her job even if she despised it at times. Plus, the bank were running low on staff when one of her colleague that she was close with was admitted to the hospital in critical condition a few months ago. None of them knew when she would return.

Anyhow, at the time her mood was in high spirits when the thought of actually getting payback against William was plausible. Now, after days of waiting and nothing happening her high energy dwindled. It didn't help that there were no progress of the scammer that tricked her mother out of her live savings. There were just too many things going wrong and it overwhelmed her. So when Tianya returned home she was too tired that she headed to her room telling her mother that it was a stressful day at work. It was partially true. There were too many angry clients that took it out on her when they couldn't access their online banking account. Anyways, gathering enough energy Tianya went about her nightly routine.

After changing into pajamas she finally sat on the carpeted floor of her bedroom. She had her knees pressed against her chest with her back pressed against the edge of her bed while staring at her dresser absentmindedly. Her eyes landed on the pretty MOLDIR tote bag given by that nice woman as she recalled the tinge of excitement and happiness she had these past few weeks because of that. Tianya had received pictures of her modeling the products and her mother commented how surprised her daughter looked with and in them. Tianya grabbed those photos from her nightstand and admired them.

Zixuan had never seen her daughter looked so stunning and glowing all at once like that before. The both of them were even surprised to see the check with the sum for just that brief moment and her mother joking suggested for her daughter to become a model instead of a banker. Of course it wouldn't hurt and maybe life would go smoothly for her and her mother, but still it wasn't a life she wanted. Anyhow, Tianya declined, but went through the photos seeing how happy she did looked in them. She didn't think by agreeing to these that it showed another side of her she didn't think existed. Still, Tianya's mind wandered and a familiar feeling began to settled within her.

She unconsciously traced random patterns into the carpet with her fingers as her mind soon blanked out into nothingness causing the photos to lay about her. A moment later Tianya suddenly shivered as her room grew immediately colder than it should've been. She rubbed her arms to keep warm while following the moonlit rays coming through her window, noticed it was closed, and the same with the balcony door. Tianya wondered if her mother the A/C by mistake, but dismissed the idea since her mother would be the one to say something first about the coldness as heat comforted her better.

Standing up and moving under the covers of her bed instead, Tianya decided it must be because she had gotten out of the shower and that night time had fallen with the late November air in effect and settling in. As she was about to switch off her lamp's light, Tianya's eyes caught a glimpse of something moving in the shadow cast by her lamp's light. She looked around her room cautiously, but shook the thought away as she wasn't one of those people for believing of monsters in the dark.

Then again, Tianya did believed that a text message would help her to get revenge on William. Maybe it was just the spur of the moment or something had overcome her, but still it felt real. Anyhow, she wasn't quite sure what to believe now. Being an adult was so tiresome and just mundane with little trifles of life. Anyways, finding nothing out of place except for the temperature being colder than normal Tianya sighed as she was about to switch off the light until she heard a female voice speak from the foot of her bed.

"Don't do that. You should really leave the lights on. It makes things less creepy and daunting during the night, especially when something you're not used to seeing or believing."

Grim Reaper Serena suggested while sitting cross-legged and hovering a few inches above the end of Tianya's bed.

"Good evening. I'm Reaper V. You-"

The reaper was interrupted by Maofah who materialized right in front of Tianya and spoke instead.

"I'm Maofah. You should hang out with me because that ex-boyfriend of yours is a total douche and I have way better skills than him."

Grim Reaper Serena telepathically pushed Maofah to the side and was about to continued with her announcement when Nerok materialized a few seconds later where Maofah used to be and introduced himself as well.

"Hi. I'm Nerok. Wow, for a bland personality, you really are pretty and you smell deliciously sweet li-"

Nerok didn't get to finish his sentence as he was also telepathically pushed away by the reaper to join Maofah off to the side as Grim Reaper Serena continued before being interrupted like nothing had happened.

"Like I was about to say, greetings, I'm Reaper V and you've summoned me so how may I assist you?"

Tianya was still frozen in place with her body lying on her side half-twisted to turn off the light and the other half overlooking her shoulder to stare at the floating female and two winged cats in front of her. Tianya could only blinked every few seconds with dropped open in seeing the reaper in her gothic-like get up. Grim Reaper Serena sat afloat with a neutral expression as she bobbed up and down slowly while letting the situation sink in. After like twelve minutes passed did Tianya finally come to her senses as she slowly positioned herself in a upright sitting position and pulling the blanket cozily around her.

"Who are you?"

The reaper smiled at Tianya upon finally being acknowledged and instantly covered the mouths of the felines with her magic from interrupting and butting in like always before speaking.

"My purpose is to help you out as much as I can with your revenge, but I need to know all that you want me to know, Tianya Fang."

"H-how do you know my name?"

"I know some things about you, but I know that you want to get back at your ex-boyfriend, William Chan. So I'm here to help you with that."

When the words sunk in did Tianya's eyes lit up with the corner of her lips curving upwards. The more she thought of it, the more her eyes and lips grew wider and wider upon that realization that both Maofah and Nerok broke Tianya from out of her little moment.

"Yeah, so just tell good 'ol Maofah how you wanna go about dealing with dirtbag William for ya."

Maofah fluttered over to Tianya and started suggesting things.

"Do you want me to bite him all over? Leave snakes under his bed? Haunt him in his dreams? Make him drink cat piss every time he drinks something? Or should I scratch up his pretty little face for ya? Just let me know what you want me to do. Don't hold back."

Nerok fluttered on over as well and did the same thing, but with more nightmarish details.

"How about I enter his dreams and turned them into real living nightmares as he experienced them, but can't wake up? That'll show him! Oh! Oh, I know! This one's my all time favorite out of the others that I do."

Nerok giggled mischievously as his eyes glazed over with excitement.

"Maybe every time he opens his mouth to flirt I have bugs and critters come crawling out. It doesn't have to be the mouth and could be another opening of the body. Or I could call up a buddy of mine who's been itching to possess some fool into doing stupid things or haunt him forever."

Tianya looked at one cat to the other cat and totally did not think that they were cute and adorable with all the gruesome things they suggested. Grim Reaper Serena shooed the felines away and they disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving just Tianya and the reaper alone.

"Anyways, don't mind them. Tell me your thoughts."

Soon enough the words fell from Tianya's mouth as she began blabbering about this and that while the words she spoke appeared automatically upon the black file that Grim Reaper Serena suddenly had in her grasp that Tianya hadn't noticed at all. Soon enough Tianya's blabbering died down and she stared at the reaper bashfully.

"Um, is that good enough for you, Reaper V?"

"Quite. Thank you." Grim Reaper Serena confirmed while scanning the new content within the file before looking up at Tianya.

"Anyways, in a little bit you should be receiving some items and I'll explain each one when th-"

The reaper was unintentionally interrupted when Tianya began cooing at the sight of three black puppies suddenly appearing on her bed as they jumped around and all around Tianya. She instantly petted the canines who immediately rolled onto their backs for belly rubs with the items firmly held in their mouths. To Tianya, they were not the ferocious hellhounds you would assumed them to be. They were like all canines.

"I forget that this happens often." Grim Reaper Serena muttered as she closed the black file before swirling her hand and the item disappeared.

Grim Reaper Serena looked about the room and caught sight of a very familiar looking tote bag. She quirked a brow having thought that it was a small world indeed when minor coincidences occurred more often than one thought. Reaper Serena didn't think much about the MOLDIR bag and of the fact that she had met Tianya Fang before while as a regular human being. When she was either in cupid or grim reaper for a part of that human life memory was blocked as if to not interfer with the other. Likewise when she was out supernatural uniform. She recalled bits and pieces, but other than tha

Please log in to read the full chapter