diamond candy: a cinderella's story III

11tcr
Please log in to read the full chapter

december 3, 2019.  

The next day Tianya awoke feeling refreshed, energized, and strangely anew. She felt like she had slept the most peaceful of sleeps she had ever had in a long time. It was if the Tianya she once was had been re-awaken and ready for the world and whatever it had in store for her. There was a spring to Tianya's step as she got ready this morning and was even humming a soothing tune. When Tianya entered the kitchen she was surprised by the meal that her mother had prepared which were all of her favorites.

"Ma, what's the special occasion? Why did you make my favorite foods?" Tianya commented with a laugh as she sat down with her mother placing a small bowl of rice porridge in front of her.

"Today is the day you start your new job, dear. It's to celebrate the start of a new journey for you." Zixuan stated with a smile.

Her mother seemed to be in good health today also with more energy like her daughter and sat across from Tianya. Tianya was at first puzzled as she ate a spoonful of the rice porridge. The confusion disappeared once she savored the taste of the hot soup before reminding her mother that she didn't have a new job.

"What new job, Ma? I still work at the bank. I've been there for the last seven years if you don't recall."

"Oh, silly girl, not anymore. Don't you remember?"

"Remember what, Ma?"

"Yaya, you quit that job more than a week ago and got another job a few days ago."

Zixuan stood to fetch something from out of the kitchen's drawers, came back with a letter and some other kind of paper in hand, and placed them on the table for her daughter to read it herself.

"I don't know how you forgot about that when you were excited when these came in."

Her mother went back to eating as Tianya stopped eating while reaching out to read the letter and the other contents that came with it. She scanned the slightly familiar name of the company and that today was indeed the first day she would be starting. Tianya grew more confused as she clearly remembered that yesterday she was still working for the Bank of Nizho. Her brows furrowed when she recalled Kiao's words about the tiny wishes that came with the gemstones. Next the image of the unknown man from yesterday also flashed across her mind along with how she pulled the string of the doll last night. Her mother looked at her in concern.

"TianTian, are you okay?"

"Yeah, Ma, I'm fine." Tianya answered with a smile to show her mom that she was fine.

She glanced down at the paper again with a quirked brow.

"How do I even pronounce this? Mole-Deer? Maul-Dur?"

Tianya realized that her new job was at the same company as her ex-boyfriend when she finally arrived at the building. She didn't understand how she couldn't have connected it, but she remembered that she never really paid any attention to the name or the company itself. Tianya was more concerned with William to have paid any attention to other things in association with him. The last time she was here was when she came to speak with her ex-boyfriend, but ended up doing a product photoshoot. Anyways, Tianya exhaled as she gave herself a once over at her casual outfit consisting of white Adidas shoes, black skinny jeans, a thin black and white striped shirt, and a light blue jean jacket over it.

"I'm so underdressed for a classy place like this."

She shook the thought away as she psyched herself up. She was already here and would have to deal with the outfit and her ex-boyfriend later. For now she needed to report to her new place at MOLDIR and not make a bad first impression. Before Tianya could actually walk inside she noticed a car pulling up and a man stepping out of it later. She wondered who he was as he walked on by her before stopping in mid-walk even though Tianya had met this man before. He focused his attention onto her and she slightly backed up when that happened. He lowered his sunglasses and made his way towards Tianya. The man was Yilong.

"Are you going to cause a scene here, too?" He accused as Tianya shook her head.

"No. Why would I do that? Do I know you?"

"Unbelievable. First the latte, then the bank, and now this."

"Pardon? I haven't the slightest clue on who you are."

Tianya still had no idea what the stranger was going on about.

"You fans really don't have anything else better to do, do you?" Yilong remarked with a scoff as Tianya frowned.

"Fan? I don't know what you're talking about, sir."

"How did you even find out where I would be today?" He asked in an annoyed tone not having heard what she had said a second ago.

"Sir, I-"

"I really can't have time for more myself, can I?" He muttered.

He took off his sunglasses and put them away while glaring at her.

"Look, just go away."

He did a shooing motion.

"I don't need the likes of you causing a ruckus everywhere I go."

Something within Tianya made her react strongly to his words than she normally would have.

"Excuse me, but the likes of me?"

She gave him a once over with a firm look.

"I don't even know who you are, but you don't treat other people like this that you've never met before."

Before the man could respond someone had called out his name.

"Ah, Mr. Zhu!"

It was William as he had exited the building and came up to the man right away, but not before noticing Tianya standing there, too.

"Why are you here?" William asked her with a disgusted look.

"I work here now." She answered still feeling riled up by the other male.

William laughed before commenting.

"You really are trying aren't you? Wow, that's a good one."

"I'm not."

She slightly huffed.

"Today's really my first day here."

Tianya held up her work badge for William to see, but he barely glanced at it.

"Yeah, right. I'm sure it's a fake."

"You two know each other?" Yilong asked perplexed while glancing from one to the other.

"No." They chimed at the same time.

Yilong wondered if this woman had a habit of following other people besides celebrities. Before either of them could reply another person joined them a moment later.

"Yilong."

"Oh, Jaejoong. Long time no see." Yilong greeted the male as Tianya instantly recognized him.

He was the handsome stranger she had seen driving yesterday during her lunch break. Well, what have been yesterday if the times haven't changed a bit. Tianya couldn't believed that fate had her work for him and be the one to possibly help with her revenge to get back at her ex-boyfriend. Both Jaejoong and Yilong shook hands before hugging like long time friends as William awkwardly watched the exchange before remembering that his ex-girlfriend was there. He turned to face her.

"You need to leave now or I'll call the police."

Tianya was snapped out of her dreamy state and shot William a look. Before she could counter Jaejoong had taken notice of the pair.

"Um, what's your name again?" Jaejoong asked William as he blanked out on William's name.

"It's William, sir. I've been with the company for three years now."

"Mmhmm."

Jaejoong hummed not interested as he focused his attention onto Tianya and beckoned her to come closer to him. Tianya pointed at herself as Jaejoong nodded with an amused smile.

"Uh, sir, just ig-"

Jaejoong held a hand to interrupt William from talking and motioned for Tianya to come closer. Tianya moved closer with cautious steps as she held onto her work badge like her life depended on it.

"You're badge, please."

Jaejoong held out his hand and Tianya instantly removed the lanyard from around her neck and placed it into his palm.

"Tianya Fang."

"Yes, sir." Tianya responded obediently without knowing why.

"Is today your first day?"

"Yes."

"Welcome and congratulations on being hired as an employee of MOLDIR." He congratulated her while returning her badge.

"I'm Jaejoong Kim, the Art Director."

"Than-"

"But it's a fake sir." William reasoned as Jaejoong shot him an incredulous look.

"Why would you ever think and say that, Wilbur? Those that are hire for MOLDIR always go through a very thorough screening process."

Tianya finally learned how the company was actually pronounced as Mall-Deer and learning that Jaejoong was the art director that she would be working for. She was snapped to attention when Jaejoong dismissed the whole situation a bit annoyed.

"Never mind. Yilong and I are running late. Sorry, my friend, about this small matter." Jaejoong apologized to Yilong who had stood there silently throughout the whole exchange.

"Oh, no it's fine."

"Come, let's catch up."

Jaejoong motioned for Yilong to walk alongside him before ordering the other two around.

"Tianya, please report to the front desk. Anna will assist you fruther. As for you, Wilbur, prep Room C for Mr. Zhu and I."

"Yes, sir."

William obeyed as he reminded the art director that his name was 'William' and not 'Wilbur' before opening the door for the pair and then rushing off to do as asked.

"I think I may enjoy it here."

Tianya smiled to herself because it felt good to hear her boss call her ex-boyfriend by the wrong name. It made her revenge just a little sweeter as it finally begun. She entered the building shortly afterwards and reported to the front desk where her badge actually worked. Anna explained all the necessary details for her and if she had any questions to not hesitate and come to her. Tianya felt better knowing that life was going her way and soon enough she would get what she wanted against William. Then again, Tianya found out that her older half-sister, Siyu Fang, was working for the same company as well.


december 5, 2019. 

Tianya was checking the items currently in stock to log for MOLDIR SHOWROOM's shop hours happening in less than three weeks when she felt someone gripped her elbow harshly and pulled her around. She came face to face with a panicked looking William.

"Are you seriously asking for trouble?" William asked her as Tianya cast him a confused look.

"I don't know what you mean, William."

"There are two police officers that want to speak to you."

"Why?"

"That's what I would like to know."

He let out a harsh breath.

"In all the years I've worked here, there has been no police force involvement in this environment until now."

"Okay, but what makes you think I did something?"

"Because they want to talk with you. Are you dumb or what?"

"I'm not dumb."

"Right."

Tianya shook his grip off of her.

"Look, William," She started as she took a few steps back away from him, "You're the one that ended things between us and I'm just minding my own bus-"

She was interrupted when William noticed the sweatshirt she was wearing.

"Is that the New Fall Jeco Animation sweatshirt that you're wearing?"

Tianya paused in mid-sentence while glancing down at her pink sweatshirt.

"I guess so."

"What do you mean you guess so? How did you even get it? Those are limited items."

"I received it as a gift and was not aware that it was a limited item."

"From who because clearly I didn't gift it to you."

Tianya frowned at William's behavior. Sure his words hurt, but Tianya could'nt help but realized that William was clearly not the perfect boyfriend she had believed him to be. She wondered what she had ever seen in him.

"Clearly it wasn't you, but someone else. Also, I don't have to discuss my private life with you."

The sweatshirt was a gift from Praya as an early Christmas gift and an incentive for her to join in as a side model if needed or wanted to make some extra cash. Tianya had received three other sweatshirts along with the Jeco Animation, but she didn't really think much of it and still nothing as of now. Still, she happened to wear the sweatshirt despite her usual wear for today.

"Look, William," Tianya said his name with a slight sigh to keep herself calm, "I'm just here to do my job. So Mr. Kim expects me to input all of the information by the end of the day to see if they need to order more for the showroom next month and I won't let you interfer with that."

William gritted his teeth while trying to keep calm as well, but knew that what Jaejoong wanted is what he'll received. Despite his reluctance to work with his ex-girlfriend who seemed to be getting the better end of the stick.

"Fine, but make it quick. They're in Room B and don't do anything that'll tarnish the brand. Understand?"

Tianya stayed silent after politely greeting the two police officers and unaware that Siyu would be sitting in on the questioning. She felt slightly intimidated about what they wanted to talk about, but she wouldn't say or do anything until they went first. Of course it was more to not have Siyu think badly of her already from whatever her mom may have told her over the years.

"Good morning, Ms. Fang. I'm Special Agent Tono Pakin," The male policeman introduced him while motioning at the woman beside him, "And this is my partner, Special Agent Natasha Blake. We're both with the Nizho Metropolitan Police Department."

Tianya nodded in acknowledgement.

"Thank you for taking your time out of your work to speak with us." Tono said in a calm tone.

"We'll make this as quick as possible for you to go back to what you need to do."

Tianya just nodded in response once again.

"Alright, we just wanted to ask you a few questions about your old colleague, Araya Hargate. What could you tell us about Mrs. Hargate?"

Tianya slightly frowned upon hearing the familiar name. She hadn't heard Araya's name since her death several months ago and everyone at work just went on like she never existed. Of course Tianya didn't keep in touch with her family as she didn't want to disturb them in their time of mourning. Tianya wasn't sure what she wanted to say about her colleague as they were only friends at work and never hung outside of it. Still, nothing but fond memories invaded her mind and she spoke of those.

"Araya was such a mom and even treated me like I was one of her children."

Tono and Natasha picked up on the way that Tianya spoke of Araya with a fond tone.

"I remember this one time I got a paper-cut and the bank just ran out of band-aids and she gave me one that had a Pikachu on it since her kids liked it. It was quite cute and it made me feel better."

Tianya recalled more things about Araya from making a character lunch box for her one day or sewing a costume for her kids' school play to deciding what she wanted to get her husband for his birthday until Tianya realized that she was kind of babbling.

"Ah, sorry. Why the sudden interest in Araya?"

Natasha open to respond, but closed it to let Tono handle it.

"Well, there's been a new discovery in the case and we're just re-touching bases." Tono replied.

"We wanted to know how Mrs. Hargate was like before and after her hospitalization."

"I see. Well, Araya was happy working at the bank, but because of her illness she had to quit. That was a difficult decision for her. I do remember during her stay at the hospital that she wasn't able to do a lot of things except pass the days calmly."

"Honestly, we're a little more interested if you could you tell us anything about if Mrs. Hargate was unhappy or unsatisfy with her stay at the hopstial or with the hospital staff, per se?" Natasha asked wanting to get to the point of the conversation.

Please log in to read the full chapter