chain of love VII

11tcr
Please log in to read the full chapter

december 5, 2019.  

~I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause~

Serena awoke into a lucid dream as she magically found herself in the Pokemon world with the theme song playing overhead. She was more or less aware of what was going on, but decided to just go with the flow as she didn't feel like figuring out what was going on. Serena glanced down at herself wondering what she was wearing and frown at the outfit she wore in this world. It was the basic outfit that they gave the characters in the game and she did not want that. Thinking of another set of clothes her previous clothes were replaced by new ones right away.

"Now that's what I'm talking about."

She now wore a white and yellow long sleeve crop top with a white tank underneath it and had on black finger-less gloves along with a white face mask. She also wore black long leg warmers underneath white jean shorts with black sports shoes with yellow accents and black socks. Serena sported a black and white sports cap and carried a black and white checkered backpack with multiple designs of Pikachu on it. She thought of changing her hair color as Jannine's current hairdo and it instantly became multi-colored of pink, purple, blue, and yellow shades.

"Huh? This is pretty cool."

She admired her new appearance before gazing at the greenery scene before her.

"Why am I dreaming about the Pokemon world? I wonder if I enter another person's dream like last time."

Serena imagined herself somewhere else in a different alternate universe than this one, but nothing shifted. She frowned since she was able to change her appearance earlier. Serena tried picturing a different scene within the Pokemon world and when she opened her eyes she was in Pallet Town like she had imagined. She figured that she was stuck in the realm of Pokemon for now, but didn't know why. Leaving it as is Serena walked around the quaint little town like she was the main character in the video games, but she wished that the theme song would stopped playing though as it continued on loop or at least changed to another Pokemon song.

With an amused and curious look Serena thought of Lugia's Song. Within a second the theme song switched over to the familiar tune and she grinned excitedly. It was short-lived when the theme song returned. She frowned. She didn't think of wanting that song back. So she thought of Lugia's Song again and it returned shortly afterwards. Satisfied, Serena took one step before groaning when the theme song return. It reminded her of last now and so left it alone not wanting to fight with whatever forces kept bringing it back. Serena took another step forward to explore Pallet Town when her surroundings suddenly shifted and she ended up at the entrance of the Indigo Plateau.

She observed her surroundings wondering why she was transported here. Gazing before her Serena noticed the pathway seemed much fancier than she had last played the actual game. She saw two archways each with their own small set of stairs along with statues of giant Pokeballs appearing to the left and right of the straight away path. To the outer ends of the path there were lines of tall trees that ran all the way from where she stood to the entrance. It was surely different than the last she remembered them. Then again, this was a dream and Pokemon had evolved over the years, too.

Still, Serena minded her business and took in the breath-taking mountainous view before her. It was clear, bright, cool, fresh, and felt at ease than she had been in a long while. She stood like that for a few minutes before remembering that she could interact with the Pokemon here. She checked to see which of the six Pokemon she was carrying inside of their Pokeballs. She pressed the buttons to enlarge the Pokeballs and one by one she called out, 'I choose you', while tossing the balls into the air and awaited for whatever Pokemon popped out of it. All six turned out to be Eevee.

"Eevee!"

The six chirped happily as they came out of their Pokeball.

"That was unexpected."

Serena cocked her head while gazing at her Pokemon. She assumed she would have others, but then again she always adored Eevee.

"I have an army of Eevee. Nice and they're so cute."

Serena crouched down and all the Eevee ran towards her while she petted them. She realized that she was going in to the Indigo League with the first evolution forms of Eevee. Serena stared at the cute brown and white normal type Pokemon. She would never win with them unless they were at like super leveled up or something like that with a special move. Then a thought came to her even though she could transfer them out later, but she wanted to try this out as she was lucid dreaming and was able to change some things.

"Hmm, I wonder..."

Serena instantly imagined each of the Eevee as a different form of their many evolution forms and hoped they would each evolved into one of them. Serena didn't really care which of the forms they evolved to as she really liked all of them. She just enjoyed the fact that she could participate in the Pokemon world within this dream compare to reali life. Soon enough one by one each of the six Eevee evolved into a different form of their Eeveelutions.

"Sylveon!"

"Glaceon!"

"Umbreon!"

"Jolteon!"

"Flareon!"

"Espeon!"

Serena grew giddy as she watched them all transformed.

"I wish the others were here, too."

Then suddenly the other two forms appeared out of no where alongside the others.

"Leafeon!"

"Vaporeon!"

"Oh, wow. Sweet. To complete this I definitely would like to have the original, too."

Just as Serena spoke those words the brown and cream colored Pokemon appeared out of thin air.

"Eevee!"

Serena smiled like a child at having all nine Eeveelutions before her. Eevee gleefully trotted on over and leapt into her arms. Serena cuddled the normal type Pokemon while gazing over at the other eight different types.

"I guess all of you are coming with me to battle the Elite Four and the League Champion."

The Pokemon chirped excitedly as they walked alongside Serena up the stairs towards the grand building. Once she stepped inside the building Eevee leapt from out of her arms and trotted over to a male figure dressed in all black from head to toe while his hair was a mix of light blue and teal contrasting against his outfit. Serena's brows furrowed wondering what was going to happen next. The person crouched down to pet Eevee as the Pokemon enjoyed the attention. The person's Pokemon which turned out to be a Pikachu came over and started conversing with Eevee a moment later.

"Pika, pika."

"Eevee, vee, vee."

"Aww, a Pikachu. Why didn't I think of one earlier?"

As Serena spoke those words did the figure slowly looked over at her with an equally confused expression as if it was odd for Serena to be there and to have spoken. The unknown person was once again Taehyung and Serena had somehow entered into his dream world once more.

"Who are you?" He asked while standing.

"How did you end up in my dream?"

Instead of answering his questions she responded in regards to the song.

"So you're the one that kept changing the song and why it's on loop."

"Uh, yeah. Are you the one that kept playing Lugia's Song?"

"Yes."

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

Taehyung gave Serena a once over with a puzzled look while repeating his questions from earlier wondering if this was like last.

"Who are you and how did you end up in my dream?"

Serena was about to answer with her real name, but decided to give him a partial fake one as she wasn't sure how lucid this dream was.

"I'm Rena Knight and I don't know how I ended up in your dream world."

"This is kind of unexpected to be honest. You're the first character to actually hold a different conversation with me. Well, in this world, but not in my overall dream world."

Serena just nodded as Taehyung continued to speak.

"I thought I was the only one here while the others were non-player characters as they didn't respond when I spoke to them besides their usual built-in commands. This is how it occurs in most of my dreams, saved for three incidents."

"I see."

Serena wasn't sure how to respond, but Taehyung didn't mind. He smiled as he casually walked over to Serena to which alerted her of having to actually interact further with the unknown male, and took a few steps away from him. She didn't want to further engage with the male if he ended up coming closer to her.

"Anyways, I'm Tae-"

He was interrupted when an old man interjected himself into the conversation when Serena accidentally bumped into him activating the speech sequence.

"Hello, darling. Do you miss home?"

Without thinking much Serena casually answered him as she was thinking more of her sister as a home than the home she grew up in.

"Yeah, I do."

"Very well, darling. My Abra will teleport you."

"Wait, what?"

"Hey, wa-"

Taehyung called out to Serena, but she was instantly teleported away. He scratched an imaginary itch on his head as he realized this was the second time he met another person in his dream-like of sorts. The other two were with Melanie and an unknown female the second time. A though passed his mind wondering if this Rena Knight person could be that second person. Anyways, Taehyung also tapped to engage conversation with the old man, but when he wanted to be teleported to the female stranger, he was instead teleported back to Pallet Town much to his dismay.

Serena found herself back at Nizho University Hospital in Melanie's room with the dawn's light peeking through the blinds. The rabbits weren't around and it was just herself and Melanie. She rubbed her face while yawning. She wasn't sure what was going on as of late, but it was really messing with her. Serena glanced down at her casual attire and knew that none of her belongings were with her. She figured she'll have to travel home on foot and hope that Geraldine had a spare key to lend her. For now, Serena pulled a chair beside her sister's bed, grabbed her hands, and watched the steady rise and fall of Melanie's chest as she continued to sleep before joining her sister a moment later.

"Alright, everyone, this is Detective Taehyung Kim of the First Division and he'll be joining us every now and then."

Hana introduced him to the rest of the Special Section members.

"Hello." He greeted with a polite smile.

Taehyung arrived to the Nizho Metropolitan Police Department in a dazed wondering what he had dreamt earlier, but it faded more when he kept focusing on it. Anyways, due to that he later found himself at the Special Section after running into Hana earlier this morning along with another member of the Special Section, Sira Dong. He learned how to get to the fourth level by watching Sira press the buttons of the number five and the letter B simultaneously which automatically marked the destination 'S'. Hana convinced Taehyung to join them and had already informed his bosses ahead of time. He wasn't sure how to feel about that since he just started yesterday and was already headed to another section.

One of the others gave him a once over with a judging look.

"What's someone from the First Division doing here?"

"That's Natasha Blake."

Hana informed not answering her question.

"Next to her is Tono Pakin."

Tono waved with a welcoming smile.

"Then we have Bezt Paladesh and Helena Busch."

"Yo."

Bezt greeted in an easy-going manner while Helena shyly put up a hand in a small wave. Hana spotted the two empty desks.

"Oh, yes, there's two more. Suzana Renaud and Luke Plowden. Both are out on medical leave and will return next month."

Taehyung polited greeted the team with a slight head nod and smile.

"And you already know myself and Sira whom you met earlier."

Taehyung smiled again. He felt a different vibe within this room compare to what he had felt yesterday at the First Division. He wasn't sure if it was how both units carried themselves, or just the fact that Special Section reminded him of his old position at the Illia Police Station.

"Anyways," Hana redirected the conversation, "We'll be focusing on the Dream case at the moment."

Everyone's attention went towards the bulletin board that Hana walked towards to and flipped it over to reveal information covered all over on the other side. Hana began assigning the team their duties.

"Tono and Natasha, you'll be following the leads of Mrs. Hargate's acquaintances from her workplace and the places she frequented."

"Got it."

Both took their things and left the room. Taehyung's eyebrows quirked at how everything went about.

"Sira and Helena, you'll be following up with the family and surrounding neighbors. Find out the wife's life before and after being hospitalized."

"Yes, ma'am."

Sira mocked salute with a cheeky grin with Helena doing the same in a natural yet cuter manner. The pair took their belongings as Hana focused her attention onto the last team member.

"Bezt, I need you to find similar incidents to Ms. Flipo's situation. From people, events, or surgeries. Before, after, and even outside Lanhom."

"I gotchu."

Bezt grinned as he sat in his chair and swiveled across to the other side of the room and began typing away on the many computers before him. Taehyung cast a look at Hana with a curious gaze.

"As for me?"

She shot him a sheepish look with a small chuckle.

"You'll be accompanying me to meet with Diana Flipo."

"So, I'm your driver again?"

He deadpanned as Hana tried to coolly play it off like it wasn't true.

"If you put it like that, then yes. I would like to say that you're lent to the Special Section for this Dream case of ours."

"Right."

Taehyung didn't mind. Still he wondered if it was okay of him to be here as the two exit the room.

"Are you sure I won't be in trouble with the senior detectives?"

"Nope. They're fine actually. Besides," She cast him a look, "There's a different vibe about you that fits with us than them."

"Why do you say that?"

"You don't try to weasel your way out to get back to the First Division."

"Oh."

He thought about it and it may be true.

"Anyways, who's this Diana Flipo person?"

"Remember when I mentioned about the 'heart remembering' yesterday?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Well, she's the person I was talking about. Let's go."

"Yes, Tono?" Hana answered the call and had put it on speaker phone so that Taehyung could listen in on the conversation.

"We were able to locate a Tianya Fang at her new workplace after quitting the bank more than a week ago."

Tono informed Hana on the phone as he and Natasha arrived outside MOLDIR.

"Was she close with our victim?"

"Yes. Apparently she was the only one that had a good relationship with Araya Hargate out of the company."

"I see."

"Anyways," Natasha interjected, "Ms. Fang's working at a fashion brand company called MOLDIR. The previous colleagues at the bank didn't have much to say except that Araya Hargate was nice, did her job well, and loved her family a lot. This Tianya Fang popped up a lot and none weren't aware that she quit until we asked about her. Anyways, the two started at around the same time. We'll let you know once we talk to Ms. Fang."

Natasha hung up before Hana could reply as the pair entered the building.

"Why'd you hang up?" Tono asked his partner as she shrugged.

"Because there wasn't anything else to report."

He sighed.

"Alright, I'll do the talking and you just quietly observe."

"Why?"

"We don't want a repeat of what happened last time, right?"

Natasha didn't respond as Tono gave her a knowing look.

"We don't want you taking another leave of absent, right?"

Natasha rolled her eyes, but comply this time around with a bored tone.

"I'll behave."

"Good."

Please log in to read the full chapter