Chapter 23

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Careful, careful.” 

“I’m okay, boys. I’m-”

“Focus, hyung! Be careful.” 

They were totally ignoring you as Yoongi carried you back into their holding house. You were being carried bridal style in Yoongi’s arms as they freaked out over the panther not dropping you. 

“Set her down here. Easy.” Taehyung adjusted the cushions on the couch for you. Yoongi softly set you down and Jimin threw a blanket over your lap. You couldn’t help but laugh as Jin rushed to get you a cup of tea and Hoseok and Jungkook brought you your things. 

“Boys!” You shouted, getting their attention. 

“Really, I’m okay. You guys stressing over me makes me stressed too so please, just relax?” You giggled. 

“Here.” Jin handed you a cup of tea and medication. 

“Have you guys eaten your medications?” You looked back at them. The boys, except Jungkook, were all on medications to help them with the withdrawal of the drugs and to help them flush the drug out of their systems entirely. 

“Go.” You scolded. 

“I ate mine.” Jimin raised his hand as the others shot him a look and went to the kitchen to get the medication. 

“Good job.” You chuckled and ate your own painkillers. 

“Come here, Chim. Let’s cuddle.” You patted the space beside you. At first, Jimin shot to his feet, an excited smile on his face, but then he remembered your condition and his face grew sour before he sat back down. You tilted your head at his sudden change in mood and reached out to hold his hand, rubbing it softly. 

“What’s wrong, Chim?” 

“I don’t want to hurt you again.” He gulped, voice quivering. 

“You won’t. Everyone has given me hugs except you. I need my Chim cuddles.” You laughed and Jimin slowly headed over. He sat down and hesitantly wrapped his arms around you. 

“I love you, (y/n).” Jimin mumbled. 

“I love you too, Chim.” You kissed his cheek, leaning your head on his shoulder. The other boys came and sat around the two of you. Beside Jimin, another one that still hasn’t gotten over his trauma was Yoongi. After all, he promised that he would never hurt you again and yet, he tried to strangle you. 

“So, when are we house hunting?” 

“You just got out of the hospital after such a long recovery, my love. Let’s take it one step at the time.” Namjoon chuckled.

“Come on, guys. I’m feeling better, I promise! Everyday in that hospital was just waking up, going to physiotherapy and asking when I can go home. I’m finally out, let’s live a little.” You Hoseok’s head. 

Even if your broken bones weren’t fully healed and there were still aches and pains, you were just happy to be out and with your boys again. 

“Right…” They said unsurely. 

“Now, show me the houses you guys viewed.” You clapped your hands lightly. Jin took his laptop out and showed all the properties to you. There were quite some nice houses that they found and went to view. You were actually shocked but nonetheless, grateful to your mother for helping the boys with house hunting and looking through contracts.

“What do you think?” Jungkook asked. 

“Hmm… They’re all really pretty and can fit all of us with room to spare. But I like this one. The backyard is big and the house is spacious.” You pointed at that one. 

“That’s our favourite too, actually.” Yoongi confessed. 

“Great!” You grinned. 

“It’s a little over budget but I’m sure we can make it work.” You patted their shoulders. Now that the others were going to start working soon, they were all happy to help contribute to the house’s finances. 

“Then it’s settled.” Namjoon said and you nodded your head. 

“This will be our new home.” You hugged them. 

That night, you were sitting on the bench outside your temporary home. You swung your legs back and forth, closing your eyes as you felt the night wind brush against your being. Everything finally felt peaceful and life was slowly moving as per usual again. 

“Kitten?” Yoongi draped a blanket over your shoulders. 

“Hey, Yoongs.” You smiled up at him. 

“It’s late. What are you doing up? You should be resting as much as you can.” He sat beside you. He reached out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ears with a soft smile. 

“I’m not sleepy.” You shook your head. Yoongi snorted at your childlike attitude and kissed the back of your hand. 

“I don’t want your kisses there.” You whined. Yoongi pulled away in shock at your words.

“You stopped giving me real kisses.” You blushed, coughing at the end of your sentence. Yoongi chuckled softly, reaching up to cup your cheek. His thumb softly caressed your skin, making you shiver slightly. You saw the tears glisten in his eyes and you grabbed his collar, pulling him in so his lips pressed against  yours. When he moved to pull away, you held him. 

“Why are you distancing yourself from me?” You cried. 

“Oh, kitten. It’s not you. I just don’t want to hurt you again.” Yoongi wiped your tears. 

“It hurts me more when you push me away. It really hurts, Yoongi. More than anything. Right here.” You pointed to your heart. Yoongi wrapped his arms around you, pulling you so you cried against his chest. 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. 

“I don’t want you to apologise to me. I just want my Yoongi back.” You sobbed harder. He rubbed your back gently. 

“I love you so much, kitten.” He rest his chin on top of your head as he let his own tears fall. You knew you were being selfish and unreasonable but you just wanted Yoongi back. The boys were right in that as much as you loved all of them, there was no one that could fill Yoongi’s spot in your life. 

“I thought you didn’t love me anymore.” You cried. 

“Kitten, that’s absolutely crazy. I can never not love you. Your my first, last, one and only mate. Or did you forget that?” He chuckled, pulling your face up so he could look at you. 

“Well, you don’t give me kisses anymore…” 

“You’ll be the death of me, kitten. How are you so adorable. I’ll shower you in as many kisses and cuddles as you want, okay?” He kissed your forehead. 

The both of you stayed outside and he waited for you to fall asleep before bringing you back into the house. That night, instead of just tucking you in and leaving to his own room, Yoongi decided to stay by your side in bed and hold you the entire time.

“Yoongs?” You woke up to find the space beside you empty. No doubt, Yoongi stayed the entire night, leaving the pillow smelling like him. 

“Jagi! You’re awake!” Taehyung came in and greeted you with his usual hugs. 

“Good morning, baby.” You wrapped your arms around him. With Taehyung, you decided to stay in bed to cuddle for anothe rhour or so. Unfortunately, your growling stomach was what broke the cuddle fest. 

“Is my jagi hungry?” Taehyung teased. 

“Stop.” You shoved his chest but winced slightly when you felt the pain shoot up your shoulders. 

“Jagi! Are you okay?” Taehyung panicked but moved away, as if he was the one that caused your sudden pain. You nodded your head, holding his hand in your own as you waited for the pain to pass. 

“I’m okay. It’s my fault for not being careful.” You relaxed a little. 

“No, you wouldn’t be in pain if it weren’t for me. I can’t believe I did that to you. I’m sorry, jagi.” He whispere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter