Chapter 22

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door burst open and the 6 hybrids were ripped away from your battered body. Jungkook’s eyes widened when he saw your state. Furthermore, he was shocked that his brothers did this to you.

“(y-y/n)?” He kneeled down beside your limp form. Gently, he lifted your wrist and dropped it, only to have it fall back into his lap. Tears welled up in his eyes. Even if he was angry with you or felt betrayed by you, you didn’t deserve this. He wrapped an arm around you, holding you against his chest.

“Jungkook.” Bravo approached him.

“We can try to save her. But you have to let her go.” Charlie came. Jungkook whimpered as he let Charlie and Foxtrot take you away. His arms stayed limp by his side.

“We’ve got them all, Jungkook.” Bravo informed.

“Why would the hyungs… do that? Y-Yoongi hyung… He-He had his hands around her neck.” Jungkook choked.

“They’re under a drug that makes them feral. They wouldn’t have recognised her. We’ll bring them to the hospital to flush the drug out of their system. You can see (y/n) too.” Bravo helped him stand up.

“The boss?”

“He’ll be locked up for the rest of his life.” Bravo sighed.

“Hobi hyung?” Jungkook slowly approached his older brother. Hoseok growled, lunging at Jungkook but the restraints held him back. Jungkook couldn’t even hide the shock on his face. There was a crazy look in his usually gentle brother’s eyes, almost as if he was determined to hurt him right thee. Delta pulled Jungkook away from Hoseok.

“I’ll take you to the hospital.” Delta smiled softly, patting his back. The drive was silent. Jungkook was still haunted by your broken, bruised form. And to think, all the damaged was caused by the people you loved.

“(y/n).” Jungkook began to weep in Delta’s backseat. He let out loud sobs, choking on them as he cried your name.

Delta looked at Jungkook through the rearview mirror of her car. She softened as she saw him cry, like a child who just lost his mother. Jungkook well believed you were dead.

“We’re here. They will be in the special wards.” Delta took him upstairs through the back entrance. Doctors were wheeling you into the operating theatre.

“Please, please don’t let her die.” Jungkook told the doctor.

“We’ll try our best.” He gave a small smile and rushed in. Jungkook had to hold the wall for support as he felt his legs give out. Even if Jungkook had the chance to see his brothers in recovery, he didn’t leave the operating theatre. He wanted to be the first to see you alive.

“If only I got there sooner…” Jungkook cried.

“Jungkook.” The door opened and two men stepped into the house. The rabbit just cast them a side glance before returning back to his television show.

“Who are you?” He grunted.

“I’m Bravo. This is Charlie. We’re in the same organisation as Doctor Echo.” The male introduced. Jungkook just gave a nod.

“Look, Jungkook. I know you’re trying to protect your brother but right now, they could be in grave danger and we can’t waste any more time or it’ll be too late. So if you know anything about where they are, you have to tell us right now.” Charlie said.

“I don’t trust you.” Jungkook folded his arms.

“Why?”

“You took me away from my owner.” He stated. Bravo sighed, Kilo had told him beforehand about how all the hybrids felt about the organisation and their agents.

“It wasn’t within our control. It was to keep you all safe.” Bravo said.

“Yeah, I’ve heard that line many times.” Jungkook rolled his eyes. This all happened because of the organisation.

“Jungkook, please. We just want to save your brothers and Echo.” They were practically begging. Jungkook sighed and began to tell them about the letter you wrote that Alpha gave Yoongi. But judging from Bravo and Echo’s expressions, Jungkook guessed that they were not told about this ever happening.

“You want me to trust you, I want you to trust me. Alpha isn’t all that it seems. He was pretty adamant on making Yoongi hyung hate (y/n). I don’t know why I only heard bits of their conversation that night.” Jungkook said.

“I promise you, we’ll investigate this.” Bravo nodded his head.

It only took two days for a phone call to come in from Charlie. Jungkook was right. In Alpha’s office drawer, they found a location scribbled on a piece of paper that held the ring’s location.

“Usually we don’t allow hybrids to follow us during operations but if you can scent your brothers to tell us we’re in the right location, it’ll be of help.” Bravo said.

“Okay.” Jungkook immediately went to pack up and headed out with the agents.

Up until Alpha’s arrest, he remained silent, not telling the authorities why he had the location of the ring but didn’t act on it. He could have saved you and the other hybrids from the time he knew the location but he didn’t. Whatever it is, he will be getting the punishment he deserves.

PING!

Jungkook shot to his feet as the emergency lights turned off. The doctors that worked on you came out with their nurses.

“H-How is she?” Jungkook stuttered nervously. He was afraid of hearing the dreaded news.

“She’s alive. But we had to do a lot of work. It may be a while until she wakes up. However, I do have to caution you, son, there may be a lot of emotional and mental trauma that she may suffer from when she wakes up.” The doctor told him. Jungkook grew sour, would you even want to see the hybrids again after what happened?

“I understand. Thank you.” Jungkook gave a deep bow.

“We will move her to an ICU unit. You can visit her there.” The nurse informed, leading Jungkook the way.

“Bravo?” Jungkook saw the man signing papers at the nurse’s station. Bravo let out a hum of acknowledgement. When the rabbit peeked over, he saw that Bravo was signing your hospital admission papers.

“She’s alive!” Jungkook blurted.

“I know.” Bravo replied, continuing to look through the papers. He stopped when he noticed the boy still standing there, wringing the end of his shirt.

“Jung-” He was cut off as Jungkook hugged him.

“Jungkook.” Bravo was shocked by his sudden affection. Finally breaking out into a small smile, Bravo the back of Jungkook’s head as he felt him cry into his shirt. For someone so young, Jungkook has been through so much and Bravo felt for him.

“Go see her.” Bravo told him softly.

“My hyungs?”

“They’re okay. They’re resting.” He relayed. Jungkook nodded and pulled away, rubbing his eyes with the end of his sleeve. Waving, he walked to the ICU floor alone. It felt so cold.

“Can I help you?” The head nurse there asked.

“(y/n) (y/l/n).” Jungkook sniffled. The head nurse immediately softened at the rabbit and held his hand comfortingly, leading him to your room. Jungkook watched as you laid there, with tubes in your arms and down your throat. The only sign that you were alive was the slow rise and fall of your chest and the beeping of the heart rate monitor.

“(y/n)?” Jungkook called as he approached you. He was afraid to even hold your hand, in case you broke even more.

Upon closer inspection, Jungkook winced as he saw the visible bite marks and scratches on your arms and legs. What made it feel worse was that he knew and loved the ones that did this.

Namjoon was the first to wake up. He groaned and tried to move from the bright light that shone above him when he felt a tug from his wrist.

“What?” His eyes shot open in panic as he fought against his restraints, being in an unfamiliar environment. To his left was Yoongi and to his right was Jin, both sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter