Chapter 15

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Flip it!” Jin laughed and you held the handle of the frying pan with both hands, your tongue sticking out from the corner of your mouth as you focused. Tossing it, you watched the pancake lift off and land back in on the uncooked side. 

“Yeah!” You and Jin hi fived each other.

“Kitten, just what the hell are you and hyung doing at 9 am that has you cheering like Korea won the World Cup?” Yoongi stood at the doorway with arms crossed and raised eyebrows. You smiled sheepishly, the excitement making you forget about how loud you were being. 

“Making pancakes! I finally flipped one on my own!” You showed him proudly like a child showing her drawing to a parent. 

“Wow, kitten. You’re amazing.” Yoongi gave you an amused smile and wrapped your arms around your waist, leaning down to kiss your cheek. 

“Is everything okay?” Taehyung came down, yawning. 

“Yes, baby. Sorry for waking you up.” You giggled. Taehyung shook his head and came over, stealing you from Yoongi. He yawned against and pressed his cheek against the top of your head. 

“I smell pancakes!” Hoseok dashed down. 

“Good morning Hoseok!” You greeted as Jin poured more batter onto your frying pan. Hoseok waved and came over to observed the stack of chocolate chip pancakes you and Jin made. Yoongi yawned as he stood over the coffee machine to fix a brew for everyone. 

“Shall I cut some fruit?” Hoseok offered. 

“Yes, please.” You nodded and he walked over. Taehyung still clung onto your back like a koala. You were even convinced his fell asleep for a moment. 

“Good morning…” Jimin entered, rubbing his eyes, his hair all messed up. Letting Jin take over, you peeled Taehyung’s grip off of you and walked over to Jimin. 

“Morning, Chim.” You ran your fingers through his slightly tangled hair. He tiredly, wrapped his arms around you, letting out a tired whine. 

“Are you making pancakes?” He asked. You nodded you head and he looked over to see Hoseok cutting fruit. Taking a small paring knife, he wordlessly began to help slice the bananas, strawberries and kiwi. Two hybrids were missing. Seeing that Taehyung was helping Jin, you washed your hands and went upstairs. 

“Joonie?” You knocked and entered. Namjoon was sitting on his bed, having just woke up seconds before you entered.

“You’re awake.” You smiled. Namjoon nodded. 

“You have flour in your hair, my love.” Namjoon cracked a smile as his arms circled around your waist and he pulled you towards him. He pressed his face into your stomach, inhaling your scent. 

“The others didn’t even tell me I had flour in my hair.” You pouted and tried to get it off with your fingers. 

“Don’t worry, you’re still beautiful.” Namjoon teased. You threw your head back in laughter, slapping his shoulder lightly. Since he was awake, you went to wake Jungkook. The bunny was still sounded asleep, bundled up in a thick hoodie and pants. 

“Bunbun, time for breakfast.” You whispered. He stirred a little but didn’t make any other movements. 

Kookie, bunbun.” You called a little louder. A few seconds later, he let out a whine and stretched his arms and legs.

“(y/n)?” He croaked in his morning voice, peeking one eye open. 

“Good morning.” You laughed. Holding his hand, you pulled him into a sitting position. He frowned slightly and looked around, as if unaware of where he currently was. You combed his messy hair back and kissed his forehead. He hugged you, falling back on the bed. You let out a squeak in shock while Jungkook was slowly falling back asleep. 

“Hey! I’m not your pillow. And wake up or your hyungs are going to eat all the pancakes.” You hit his chest. 

“You can make me more if they do.” Jungkook mumbled, eyes still closed. 

“Nu uh. Don’t get your hopes up.” You rolled your eyes. Holding his hand, he let you drag him to his shared bathroom with Hoseok. You put tooth paste on his toothbrush for him, letting him brush his teeth.

“Aigo.” You wet a face towel and wiped his face. He let out another yawn, blinking his eyes with a blank stare. 

“Finally.” Taehyung groaned. 

“Morning, hyungs.” Jungkook grumbled out. The two of you took your respective seats and you all started eating. You sipped your coffee and cut into your pancakes. Taking the bowl of strawberries, you scooped generous portions for Jimin and Jin, who you know love strawberries. 

“Thank you.” Jimin smiled. You patted his head. 

“How’s rehearsal going?” You asked Yoongi. You knew it was different practicing at home compared to the school. The school had a grand piano while you had a regular piano at home. 

“It’s been good. I’m looking forward to it.” Yoongi nodded his head. 

“Can we all go watch hyung perform?” Hoseok asked excitedly, his tail wagging for emphasis. 

“Yes. I’ve ordered 7 tickets.” Yoongi informed. 

“I’m going to have a bath to get the flour out of my hair.” You announced and went upstairs. As you picked out your clothes from the drawer, you heard the door open. Arms wrapped around your waist. 

“Jinnie?” You smiled and turned around to face him. He smiled softly, tucking your hair behind your ear. 

“I love you, snowflake.” He whispered. 

“I love you too.” You replied. He hugged you and you squeezed his waist. You were so grateful for Jin. He was so patient and helpful with caring for the others, especially the younger ones. Turning your head to him, Jin pulled you closer to give you a loving kiss. He left you to let you have your shower. You soaked in your tub with a nice lavender bath bomb. 

Before you could fall asleep, you rinsed yourself off and got up. You wore one of Yoongi’s hoodies and slipped on some fuzzy socks,

“Shall we get more heating lamps?” You asked as you saw Jimin and Taehyung cuddling on the futon, fast asleep under the comforting warmth of the lamps. Yoongi shrugged. 

“Yeah. Jungkook and Hoseok may need to use it as it gets colder.” Yoongi said and you nodded. 

“I’ll order it, kitten.” He took his phone out. 

“Thank you. I love winters as much as the next guy but it makes me feel so lazy and tired.” You yawned, stretching your arms. Yoongi chuckled, still typing on his phone. His tail came to rest on your thigh. 

“Kitty.” You stifled a laugh as your the soft fur, remembering the little girl at the beach, Hyejin. Yoongi stopped and shot you a nasty glare. You returned an innocent smile but snickered to yourself. Yoongi dropped his phone and tackled you onto the couch, tickling your sides. 

“Stop!” You laughed. 

“Not so tough now, huh? Apologise!” 

“Never!!” You squealed, laughing out loud. He scrunched his nose and just continued tickling you. 

“Who’s the kitty?” He asked again, the gummy smile on his face only growing bigger. You were so adorable when you tried to be rebellious and tough around him. 

“You! Min Yoongi!” You giggled. 

“Wrong answer~” 

“Okay! I surrender! White flag!” You shouted out random surrendering words. Yoongi stopped as you panted. He hovered over you and you met his eyes, even with his fringe covering them. You laughed, reaching up to cup his cheek. Slowly, he leaned down to press his lips against yours. When he pulled away, he laid down on top of you.

“Did you lose weight again? You feel lighter.” You asked as you ran your fingers through his hair. 

“No…” He mumbled, placing his face on the side of your neck. When you found Yoongi, he was underweight and you learnt that it was hard for him to put on weight despite eating more. So him losing weight concerned you. 

“Relax, kitten. I’m just not putting my full weight on you. I don’t want you to be squished.” He chuckled when he heard your accelerated heart rate. 

“Okay.” You nodded. 

“(y/n)?” The two of you turned to see Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter