Chapter 13

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 am…

“Finally home.” You closed the door behind you and sighed. Looking at the living room, you noticed that Yoongi and Jimin had fallen asleep under the heating lamp, the younger curling into the older’s side like a mother cat and her kitten. You removed your coat and silently went upstairs.

“Tae?” You were surprised when you the lights and saw the tiger on your bed, hugging your pillow, fast asleep.

“(y/n)?” Taehyung opened one eye.

“Hey, baby. What are you doing here? Why aren’t you sleeping in your own room?” You asked quietly, his head.

“I had a nightmare and wanted to wait for you. But your pillow smelt so good.” He yawned. You smiled softly and leaned in to kiss his forehead. As he fell back asleep, you went to take a quick shower. You had 3 hours to sleep before you had to go to the farmer’s market with Hoseok. 

The only reason why you were going to get hotdogs so early in the morning was because Hoseok said they sell out really quickly because of how popular and authentic they were. 

*sniff sniff*

“Yes, Tae?” You groaned with your eyes still closed. 

“You smell nice.” He tossed the pillow he was holding behind him, letting it fall to the ground with a thud. He proceeded to scoot closer to you, wrapping his arms, legs and tail around you comfortably. 

As Taehyung held you, he knew something was wrong. He felt something stirring in his gut. 

Your alarm rang again a few hours later, signalling that it was time to get up. Your limbs and back were aching but you pushed yourself to sit up, letting Taehyung’s arms fall to your waist. Being winter, the sky was dark despite it approaching 7am. You brushed your teeth and changed, grabbing your outing bag and heading downstairs. 

“Morning…” Hoseok greeted, followed by a yawn. 

“Sorry that you had to get up so early, Hoseok.” You said apologetically, rubbing the fur of his flopped ears. 

“No, if anything, you should be resting. I know you came back late last night.” He smiled. You shook your head and saw Jimin coming down the stairs, dressed in a familiar looking purple cardigan and beanie. 

“This cardigan looks familiar, hmm?” You teased, helping him adjust his hair under the beanie. 

“Yoongi hyung said I could borrow it.” He blushed. You laughed and nodded, patting his head. You weren’t going to about what you saw when you can home. No, that teasing was for Yoongi. There were more footsteps and you looked up to see Namjoon coming down as well, dressed in his outing clothes.

“You’re coming too?” 

“I couldn’t sleep so might as well tag along. It’s a long drive there so we could take turns if you want.” Namjoon smiled. 

“Thank you, Joon.” You tip toed and kissed his cheek.  As he wrapped an arm around you to hug you, Namjoon stiffened and you noticed it. 

“Something wrong?” 

“Not with me. Are you feeling alright?” He frowned. You looked down at your body before nodding up at him. Namjoon nodded, convinced for now. As everyone climbed into the car, you insisted on driving the way there.

“Wow, it’s really far.” Jimin said as he looked out the window. 

“Yeah, it is on the other side of town Chim.” Namjoon ruffled his hair. Hoseok sat in the front seat, next to you, in case you needed instructions on where to go and where to park later. 

After a 2 hour drive, you finally arrived. The farmer’s market was bustling with people and vendors. You took your shopping bags, handing the boys their own before you headed in. Jimin held your hand, not feeling the most comfortable with the big crowd. 

“If you need to take a breather, let me know, alright? We can step aside.” You assured and he nodded his head.

“It’s the stall there!” Hoseok pointed and ran forward. 

“Even in the early mornings, his energy levels are still an all time high.” You chuckled and followed him. There were two young males running the stall. They greeted you kindly. 

“Hoseok?” They recognised the golden retriever.

“Hello! It’s been a while.” Hoseok greeted. They watched as Hoseok pointed out menu items to you. Of course, they were surprised to see Hoseok with a stranger and not his regular owner.

“You pick which one you and Jungkook likes. Let’s order two for him. Pick something for the rest too.” You passed the plastic menu for Jimin and Namjoon to glance at and pick what they wanted. After talking to the owners, you learnt that they were actually students in Chicago and fell in love with the hotdogs there that they decided to open a stall here.

“Are you Hoseok and Jungkook’s new owner?” The stall vendor asked. 

“Oh, umm… Yeah. Fostering for now.” You smiled. The two males nodded their heads and handed you the bag of food.

“Let me.” Namjoon took the bag from you.

“Thank you. Hope you sell a lot.” You bowed your head to the vendors and carried on. Being at the farmer’s market, you decided to buy some fresh produce like eggs, cheese, vegetables and fruits. 

“Can we get strawberries?” Jimin asked. 

“Of course we can.” You took 4 pints of strawberries and handed them over to the stall owner. As you counted the money, your vision blurred slightly. You closed your eyes and opened them again, giving the amount to the old lady. Jimin helped carry his strawberries.

“(y/n).” Namjoon grasped your forearm.

“Hmm?” You looked up at him.

“You’re sick. That was why your scent was different this morning.” He placed a hand on your head. Your head suddenly felt so heavy that you needed to lean it against Namjoon’s.

“We should go. I don’t want you to faint and freak Jimin out.” Namjoon said. He felt bad for using Jimin to guilt trip you into leaving the market but he knew it was the only way for you to actually listen to him and leave. You let out a small whimper of discomfort and nodded your head. 

“Chim, Hoseok. Let’s go home. (y/n) needs to rest. We can come back again.” Namjoon supported you with his arm. 

“Is (y/n) alright?” Hoseok asked. Jimin stuffed the last piece of mandarin into his mouth, given to him for free by the kind fruit vendor, and rushed over to your side. He had a look of worry on his face.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” You assured with a force smile. 

“Let’s go, Chim. Namjoon has (y/n).” Hoseok held Jimin’s hand, leading the way back to the car. Your eyes closed as you leaned against Namjoon. 

“(y/n)?” Jimin called out to you as Namjoon carried you into the backseat, strapping your seatbelt over you. 

“Shh, let her rest. She’s be alright.” Namjoon Jimin’s head, calming him down. Jimin nodded but grasped your hand in his worriedly. Namjoon and Hoseok put all the shopping in the trunk before Namjoon drove home. Hoseok used the phone you gave him to send a message to the others to let them know you were unwell.

When Namjoon pulled up, Taehyung, Yoongi and Jin were already standing by the door, their tails moving swaying nervously.

“Tae, help Jimin and Hoseok carry the shopping in.” Namjoon instructed. Jin opened the door on your side to see you completely out cold. 

“She’s running a fever. Her lips are almost blue.” Jin frowned.

“Let’s get her in.” Yoongi said and Jin nodded, slipping his arms under you to hoist you up and out of the car. They brought you straight to your room. Yoongi closed the door, leaving only those mated to you in the room for privacy. He began to slowly remove your jacket and outing clothes.

“Here.” Jin handed him your long sleeve shirt and winter pants.

“Does she always get cold easily?” Namjoon asked as Yoongi changed you, noting how you were still shivering. Yoongi pulled off his owner sweater and put it over your shirt.

“Not really. But she does fall ill quickly if she’s over exhausted.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter