Chapter 16

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days since Christmas passed. Yoongi’s piano recital was tonight. You knew just how hard he has been practicing and you were so happy that he will finally reap the fruits of his labour. 

“Yoongs?” You put a hand on his shoulder, making him jump slightly. It was only the two of you in the kitchen, having a late lunch while the rest were busy with their own things. Yoongi was chewing on his fingernail and staring at the wall that he didn’t even pay attention to his food. 

“Are you alright?” You asked, concerned.

“I’m nervous for tonight.” He confessed. You softened at his words, cupping his cheeks to make him look at you. 

“Hey, don’t psych yourself out. You will do just fine. I know you how hard you have been working. You’re talented and you’ve improved so much, give yourself some credit.” You gave him an eskimo kiss. 

“I love you so much, kitten. What would I do without you?” He finally broke into a gummy smile. 

“Don’t even go there. I never want to imagine my life without any of you. Now eat. You’ll need energy or you might pass out before you even step on stage.” You chuckled. He nodded and picked his chopsticks up to start eating. As he ate, he kept his hand on your thigh the entire time, his tail coiled around your waist like always. 

“We’ll always be here. You know that.” Yoongi spoke again, cutting your quiet eating. You stopped, processing his words. 

“I know.” You smiled down at your bowl.

After lunch, Yoongi ran through his pieces on his new piano. You sat in the living room, watching the 3 maknaes play their video games. Of course, you were lost because you weren’t a gamer. 

“Play with us, (y/n).” Jimin whined. 

“Thanks for the offer, Chim. But I haven’t understood a single thing since I’ve sat down to watch you.” You chuckled. 

“It’s easy. Here.” Jungkook suddenly moved to sit behind you. Your eyes widened slightly as his wrapped his arms around you, practically giving you a back hug. He put his large hands over yours as he guided you on how to use the controller. 

“Like this.” His breath was warm against your ear. He didn’t notice to two others watching you, having abandoned the game. Even Yoongi stopped playing to watch the interaction in amusement. 

“Got it?” Jungkook’s voice broke your train of thought. 

“Uh huh…” You replied aimlessly and he pulled away, shooting you his signature bunny smile. 

“I just remembered, I still have some things to do. You guys do ahead and play.” You squeaked and stood up, running to your room. 

You knew that since Christmas night, Jimin had intentions to mate you. You had overheard him telling Taehyung about it. And even though it has only been 3 days, Hoseok and Jungkook have been much more affectionate with you. 

But you couldn’t, you weren’t cruel like that. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Come in.” You sat up from your bed. You opened the door to see Namjoon standing there. 

“Hey love, I just wanted to ask if you think I should wear a tie with my suit tonight. I’ve never worn a suit before and never gone to a fancy event like this before so I want to make sure I look my best.” He held up the jacket, tie and inner shirt for you to see. You stepped aside to let him into your room and he tried on the outfit for you to see.

“Hmm… No tie. And don’t worry, Joon. You look just fine. Very dashing.” You his cheek with reassurance. 

For almost all the boys, it was their first time attending a formal event and wearing a suit. They were so excited when you brought them for their suit fitting. 

“Thank you. I’ll leave you to get back to what you were doing.” Namjoon changed back and grabbed his clothing. 

“Joon.” You blurted out as he was walking to the door. 

“Yes, my love?” He let go of the door knob and turned around to face you, a gentle smile on his face, his dimple showing. 

“Nothing.” You returned to smile and shook your head as you waved at him. He shrugged slightly and turned around to leave the room. You sighed and heard the door opening again. 

“(y/n)? Are you busy?” Jimin poked his head in. 

“Hey, Chim. I might take a nap.” You chuckled, yawning. You laid down, putting your head on the pillow. Looking up at the calico cat, you patted the empty space in front of you and Jimin grinned before he entered the room, closing the door behind him. He climbed in, getting warm under the covers by your side.

“What’s up?” You asked. 

“Jungkook and Tae are still playing but I just wanted some quiet time before it got too much for me.” He confessed.

“I understand. We all need our quiet time.” You his head. Even if you woke up late today, you haven’t been sleeping the past few nights and the exhaustion was getting to you. 

“Goodnight.” You said sleepily as your eyes closed. Jimin kept his arms around you the whole time, being lulled to sleep as well. 

Finally, it was time to go for Yoongi’s recital. Yoongi had left earlier to prepare while the rest of you left a lot later. You watched as the boys wore their suits, each fitting suit somehow matching the person’s personality. 

“Need some help?” You asked Jin, who was struggling with his tie. 

“Thank you, snowflake.” He smiled. 

“You should go change.” Jin shooed you away as he helped the others get ready. Looking at the clock, you knew there wasn’t much time and ran upstairs to get changed. You took your dress out. Slipping it on, you looked at your reflection in the mirror, taking a deep breath. There was a churning in your stomach as your smile faltered a little. 

“Jagi!” Taehyung called, a nickname he took from Jin. You hummed in acknowledgement and left your room. 

“I’m here.” You came down the stairs. The boys all stopped what they were doing and stared at you. You were in a gradient navy blue and white A-line dress that had sparkles cascading down the chiffon skirt.

“Is it too much?” You winced. 

“Snowflake, you look absolutely stunning.” Jin shook his head. 

“You’re so beautiful, my love.” Namjoon took your hand, kissing the back of it. His actions caused you to blush. 

“You all look great as well.” You smiled. Taehyung took pictures of you with all the boys. Jin volunteered to drive the van. You made sure you had the tickets in your clutch. Hoseok sat beside you, wrapping a secure arm around your shoulder. His uplifting smile was able to make you smile as well. 

“Are you alright? Feeling ill?” He asked. 

“I’m fine, Hobi. Don’t worry.” You rubbed his ear with a small smile. When Jin parked, you stepped out. Jungkook took your hand. 

“We still have some time left.” Namjoon checked his watch. 

“Excuse me, are you Min Yoongi’s owner? (y/n)?” A teenage boy ran up to you. You and the 6 hybrids looked at him. You nodded your head, did something happen to Yoongi?

“Mr Min asked me to come look for you. He requested that I take you to him now.” The boy informed. 

“I’ll come with you. You guys head in first.” You gave them their tickets and followed the boys in. He led you to a door that had, ‘Min Yoongi’ scribbled on the name plate. The boy bowed and left you. You cleared your throat and knocked the door. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter