Chapter 17

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was true. It had been one month and you were not coming for them. The boys were barely holding on as each day passed. You were constantly getting updates about how they’re doing. 

And it hurt to hear them every time. 

Jungkook was back to his angry self, Jimin and Jin’s anxiety came back, Yoongi was quiet and refused to speak to anyone, Taehyung cried for you every day, Hoseok didn’t have any more cheerful energy and Namjoon was fighting Jungkook every day.

“Doctor?” A nurse called. You jumped slightly, tearing your gaze away from the window. Standing up, you forced a smile at her. 

“Your next appointment is here.” She informed. Nodding, you stood up and slipped your coat over your shoulders. You followed her out of the office and into the consultation room. 

“Good afternoon.” You greeted your patient. 

“Tiger hybrid. Suspected broken leg.” The nurse handed you the file with the pre assessment the medical student did for you. You froze and turned to the boy sitting on the bed. He was a tiger hybrid, just like Taehyung. Shaking your head, you gulped and began to examine the boy. 

“Well, the x-ray does show a break right there.” You used your pen to point it out to the boy and his owner. 

“How bad is it?” The owner asked. 

“We’ll put a cast for a few weeks to let the bone heal but don’t worry, hybrids generally heal faster than humans.” You replied and the nurse got ready the things for the cast. 

“Let’s just rest your leg here.” You slowly began to apply the cast for him. The plaster needed a few seconds to harden.

“I’ll write a prescription for some painkillers. Take them after meals. It should be able to last you until your follow up.” You said, not looking up from the prescription form you were filling up. Tearing the paper, you handed it to the owner. You lightly touched the plaster cast, happy that it was dried and proceeded to wrap the coloured bandage around it. 

“You’re good to go.” You said. 

“Thank you doctor.” The hybrid smiled. 

“You’re welcome, Tae.” You said, absentmindedly, as you turned around in your chair.

“My name isn’t Tae.” The hybrid said. You froze, clenching your fist around your pen as you closed your eyes. 

“Right, my bad. Sorry about that. I’ll see you during your follow up.”  You smiled and walked them to the door. Once the door closed, you let out a sigh of relief. You just took the next file from the stack. 

“Send in the next patient.” You told the nurse.

Yoongi laid on his bed, staring at the blank wall in front of him. He heard the door behind him open and the agent, Kilo, that was in charge of their care announced that lunch was ready. Yoongi made no effort to reply him or get up from his bed. 

“I wanna go home.” He heard Taehyung cry to Kilo. Clicking his tongue, he wrapped his pillow around his head in attempt to block out the tiger’s weeping. 

“Yoongi…” He heard Jin’s soft voice. 

“You have to eat.” The older continued. Yoongi just grunted in response, pulling the blanket over his head. He heard a sigh and the door shut after that. Yoongi held his dog tag necklace in his palm. 

‘Owner: (y/n) (y/l/n)’

He clutched onto the necklace, hugging it close to his chest. 

BAM!

Namjoon slammed Jungkook against the wall, holding the rabbit’s collar and bearing his canines at him. The younger had been getting into trouble with the older hybrids as he kept picking on Taehyung and Jimin for being sad and crying over you. But it wasn’t his fault. This was how he was dealing with the betrayal that he felt. 

“Hey! Cut that out!” Kilo came in and quickly separated the two. 

“She abandoned us! And all of you are still defending her!” Jungkook glared at the older. 

“Whatever it is, that’s not a reason for you to pick on Jimin and Taehyung. Just let them be sad! We don’t have to all be angry like you, Jeon Jungkook!” Namjoon growled.

“Guys, please.” Kilo held Namjoon back. 

“I know I’m not supposed to be mentioning this to any of you but Echo didn’t abandon you guys, okay? Just stop fighting. The organisation is the one with the rules that hybrids must be removed if there is danger. The sooner we track down the fighting ring, the sooner you guys can go back to her.” Kilo sighed. 

“I’m not sure I even want to go back to her.” Jungkook scoffed. 

“Please, stop fighting.” Jimin cried. 

“You guys are so blinded that you can’t even see how she is manipulating you guys.” Jungkook sneered. 

“That’s for us to decide. If you don’t want to go back to her, then don’t. But no matter what, she is my mate and I’m never leaving her.” Namjoon glared. Jungkook rolled his eyes and stormed upstairs. 

“(y/n) didn’t abandon us, right?” Jimin looked up at the wolf. 

“Until I hear it from her own mouth that she doesn’t want us, I’ll never believe it.” Namjoon fell back onto the couch. Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Jin came up to him and they all hugged each other, hoping to provide the warmth and comfort that you would usually give them. They let their tears fall freely as they supported one another. 

Everyone was asleep when Yoongi finally came downstairs to get a drink of water. He stood in the small kitchen as he sipped the cold liquid. 

“Yoongi.” Someone called. 

“Alpha.” He faced the male, putting his glass down. 

“Let’s talk.” Alpha said. Yoongi sighed and nodded, following Alpha into the backyard. They sat on the lawn chairs. 

“What are you doing here? Did something happen to (y/n)?” Yoongi asked.

“Even after she left you guys, you still worry for her?” Alpha raised an eyebrow. Yoongi’s eyebrows furrowed, what did he mean by that? Of course, Yoongi still cared for you. 

“She’s my mate. No matter what.” Yoongi frowned. 

“Right. I forgot about that. I came to visit you guys because Kilo informed me that you guys are not taking care of yourselves as you should be. You’re not eating, Jungkook is fighting with Namjoon every day, Jimin, Jin and Taehyung are having anxiety attacks. And Hoseok is well…” Alpha said. 

“Why do you think we’re like this? Because of your dumb rules. Some organisation you guys are, you don’t even care for your agents.” Yoongi sneered at him. 

“Echo knew this was bound to happen when she received the threat and I’m sure you did too.” 

“Yes, my owner is dumb and naive. Big whoop.” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Yoongi, I didn’t come here to debate with you. It’s never fun having to separate hybrids from their owners but if it must be done to keep you guys safe, we’re willing to be the bad guys.” Alpha sighed. 

“How is she?” Yoongi asked softly. 

“She took an indefinite vacation from work today.” The other informed. 

Everything was a mess now. Yoongi knew Jungkook wasn’t going to forgive you easily and that there was no doubt that the others were also hurt by your actions. He just wished that you told them instead of just leaving without a goodbye. None of them wanted you to fight this one your own, they wanted to stand by you. 

“There’s actually a letter from her. She knows she cannot communicate with you but she asked me to make an exception.” Alpha took an envelope out. 

“And you’re okay with that?” Yoongi looked at him quizzically. 

“Well, if it stops you guys from trying to kill one another, I’ll make the exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter