Chapter 18

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just tell me where your hybrids are, Doctor Echo.” 

“I don’t have any!” 

“(y/n)!” Jungkook gasped as he sat up. He panted, hand clutching onto his chest, feeling his heart pound. Cold sweat covered his forehead as he struggled to catch his breath. 

“Jungkook? Is everything okay?” Taehyung stirred awake. Jungkook ignored him and walked out of the room. Looking at the clock, he realised that it was only 4 in the morning. He cursed and went downstairs to the kitchen to get a cup of water. As he sat by the kitchen counter, he thought about his nightmare. 

Why would he dream about you? You were fighting someone but it was obvious you stood no chance against them.

“Don’t hurt her.” He whimpered. The man restrained you and dragged you out of the house. Jungkook could only watch helplessly. 

“Now, we’ll just wait for your hybrids to come get you.” The man smirked. 

Jungkook shook his head, gulping down the remaining cold water. It was still cold outside but the ice water woke him up. The dull ache in his heart was still there from the night he heard you gave them up. 

“What did you say?” He heard whispering from outside. 

It was Kilo. Softly, Jungkook crept to the front door, using his rabbit ears to listen. They were always better than his human ones.

“Wait, slow down, Delta.” Kilo seemed to be panicking as well. Jungkook frowned slightly. He was starting to get impatient waiting for Kilo to spit out whatever he was worried about. But no doubt, Jungkook knew it had something to do with you. 

“She was taken?… They came and grabbed her? But our lead was that they would only strike next week!” Kilo paced up and down. 

“Did she send a distress signal?… Her phone must have dropped when she tried to fight them. I can’t tell the hybrids this, they’ll definitely try and track her down.” Kilo sighed. 

“I know… They’re keeping her captive just to bait the hybrids into showing up. I’ll keep them here. You go find her.” Kilo hung up.

Jungkook immediately pulled away from the door, hearing Kilo come back in. He ran upstairs and dove under the covers, making sure not to make a sound in case Kilo suspects that someone was eavesdropping. Jungkook was conflicted. Should he just pretend that he didn’t hear anything or tell one of the older hybrids? 

You were in danger and he knew these humans wouldn’t track you down in time. As he stared at his purple dog tag necklace, he thought about you. 

“Breakfast.” Kilo announced. Jimin and Taehyung got up from bed, heading down to one of the shared bathrooms to wash up. Jungkook sat up when he was alone. 

“Jungkook, breakfast?” Jimin poked his head into the room. Jungkook looked at him. He didn’t reply but just brush pass the calico cat. 

“Kilo, we need to talk. Alone.” Jungkook saw Yoongi grab their agent caretaker and bring him out the front door. Jungkook just stared at the front door where they disappeared. Was Kilo going to tell Yoongi what happened? He sat on the couch, subtly looking up as he waited for the door to open. 

Everyone else was secretly observing Jungkook. Something about him was weird. He wasn’t displaying his obvious anger like he usually does.

“Well, I don’t know if you’ve heard this often but you’re so damn useless, Kilo.” Yoongi cursed as he re entered the house, slamming the door closed. He turned to see Jungkook’s stare on him.

“What?” He sneered at Jungkook. The others waited for Jungkook to fight back but he just bit his lip. 

“Nothing.” He shook his head. 

“Whatever.” Yoongi rolled his eyes and proceeded to head to the kitchen. The others couldn’t even hide their shock. What happened with Jungkook? Just yesterday, he was ready to rip Namjoon’s head off in a fight. Today, he was quiet, kept his head down and was docile. 

Jungkook didn’t know what to do. If he told them, would they even believe him after the way he has been acting since they arrived here? He didn’t know. But he knew that even if he was angry with you, you deserved to be rescued. 

Just not by him. 

“W-Wait!” Jungkook blurted. 

“What?” Yoongi asked again. For the first time in a while, Jungkook felt so small as the other 6 hybrids stared at him. He gulped. 

“Spit it out.” Namjoon scoffed. 

“I-I heard Kilo on the phone last night with agent Delta.” Jungkook confessed. Yoongi stopped. He wondered if Jungkook possibly knew the reason why Kilo was acting weird when he asked about you earlier. Yoongi looked towards the front door, grabbing Jungkook’s forearm and pulling him deeper into the kitchen. 

“What did you hear?” 

“It’s about your owner.” Jungkook said. Right, Jungkook had also started to deny being your adopted hybrid. He didn’t acknowledge you as his owner anymore. 

“Kilo was saying something to another agent, I think it was Delta. (y/n) was kidnapped from her home the other night and he was saying something about a lead, that they were supposed to strike next week, not now. They found her distress signal at the house. They think she was kidnapped as bait to lure you guys out to rescue her.” Jungkook breathed. 

“.” Yoongi banged his fist on the counter. 

“(y/n)…” Taehyung whimpered. He and Jimin put their arms around each other as comfort. Jungkook just looked away. 

“We’re leaving.” Namjoon declared. 

“Namjoon is right. We can’t wait for these people to rescue her. We have to do it ourselves. If it’s a fight they want, it’s a fight they’ll get. Touch our mate and you cross the line.” Jin frowned. 

“Let’s talk later.” Yoongi grabbed his mug of coffee and left the kitchen. If Kilo suddenly saw them talking together, it would be too suspicious. 

CLANG!

You were jolted awake when you heard loud metal sounds. Blinking, you adjusted your vision to the slightly dim, cold and wet basement area. Wincing, you felt your bruised jaw from where the man punched you. You pushed yourself to stand up but felt a weight on your ankle. 

You looked down at the thick metal chain around your ankle. Just what have you landed yourself in? 

There were noises coming from the other cages beside you. You guessed that they were all fighting hybrids that belonged to the ring as well, all kept as prisoners just like you.

“Look who’s finally awake.” A voice said. You turned your head to see a man you didn’t recognise, standing there.

“Boss will be happy to hear that you’re awake.” He smiled at you and left. 

“Boss Im.” You came face to face with the boss again. You weren’t going to speak to anyone.

“You were asleep for 3 days.” Boss Im raised his eyebrows. You glared at him, crossing your arms. Boss Im just laughed and nodded over to you. You took a step back as the henchmen came into your cell with you. Soon, you felt punches and kicks rain down on you. As you curled into a ball, you covered your face with your hands. 

“Tell me where your precious hybrids are.” Boss Im spoke over the grunts and winces of pain you were releasing. 

You didn’t fight back or give in. You wanted to stall their attention for as long as possible so they won’t go out and conduct a manhunt to find your boys, and if you could gath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter