Chapter 6

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been days since the incident with Yoongi. He was still making an effort to avoid you as much as possible and it was breaking your heart. Namjoon, Jin and Taehyung knew that you were forcing your smiles and acting like you were happy to not worry them. But they wee hybrids, they felt your feelings and hear your cries. 

“Yah. Min Yoongi.” Jin opened the door, finally at his breaking point. He had just got off the phone with you and you said that you were staying at the hospital for the night so they shouldn’t stay up to wait. 

“Yes, hyung?” Yoongi sat up from his bed. He wasn’t in any better shape either. 

“I know you’re doing this because you think being near her, you will hurt her again. But let me tell you, you doing this is hurting her more.” Jin said. 

“It’s for her safety.” Yoongi mumbled. 

“You think she’s any safer? Have you seen her? I can’t make her eat, she’s losing more weight, she isn’t sleeping. She’s blaming herself for you feeling like this! I can’t see her like this anymore. She’s not even coming home tonight.” Jin informed bitterly. 

“Why?” Yoongi frowned.

“Ask yourself that. You need to stop thinking about yourself and tell yourself that it is for her own good when you don’t know how much you’re killing her. Doing this doesn’t save her from you, it just leads to both of you hurting.” 

“I’ll talk to her soon.” Yoongi looked down. 

“Look, Yoongs. I know this happened before any of us came. But that’s exactly it. You’ve been with her the longest. No one can replace your spot in her heart, not even me. You need her as much as she needs you. She needs you to remind her to take her hospital beeper, tell her to eat, lecture her when she doesn’t care about her health.” Jin told her. 

“I need to go.” Yoongi grabbed his jacket and ran out of the house. 

You grabbed your third cup of coffee, sinking into your seat. Tonight, you had volunteered to take over a night shift since you wanted to avoid going home and feeling that awkwardness.

“Doctor (y/l/n), have you eaten dinner?” One of your nurses poked her head into your office.

“I’ll eat later. Please go ahead.” You smiled. She nodded and left. Once you heard the door close, your head fell onto your desk. You turned your head to look at the picture of you and Yoongi on your board. Reaching up, you grabbed the photo and held it. 

“Even if you don’t want to talk to me again, at least the scars will be my memory of you.” You whispered. 

“Are you seriously talking to a photo?” A voice said, making you jump. Immediately, you stood up and saw Yoongi standing there. He was in his leather jacket with a black cap. In his hands, there were multiple plastic bags. 

“Y-Yoongi.” You were in shock. He came in and closed the door. 

“You’re skipping meals again, aren’t you kitten?” He shook his head, ignoring your shocked face. He cleared your desk, laying out all the takeout containers. You realised that the food was from your favourite pasta place. You still stood there in shock, tears blurring your vision. 

“What are you doing here?” You forced out.

“Jin hyung slapped some sense into me… Aish, I hate that I’m the cause of these tears.” He stepped closer to you, lifting his hand to cup your cheek, wiping your fallen tears with his thumb. 

“Of course they’re because of you! I thought you hated me and never wanted to talk to me again!” You cried, outraged. 

“I could never hate you, kitten.” He whispered. 

“I thought I was protecting you when I was actually hurting you. I can’t believe I nearly hurt you again the other night. I’m so sorry, kitten. Will you ever forgive this stupid cat?” His tail circled around you, pulling you close to him. You wrapped your arms around him. Yoongi would always have a special place in your heart and in your life. 

“Of course I forgive you. I never blamed you to begin with.” You murmured against his chest. He kissed your forehead. 

“Now, let’s eat. I got your favourite.” He sat opposite you and opened all the containers. You smiled and wiped your tears, giving Yoongi a pair of chopsticks before digging in. Pasta never tasted so good. 

“I should apologise to Taehyung too. I know that kid is blaming himself too.” Yoongi sighed. 

“He fits in well, huh?” You said. 

“Yeah. I guess you can say there’s no need for us to wait until the foster period is up.” He spoke. That made you surprised but happy that Taehyung managed to charm Yoongi to the point that Yoongi was ready for Taehyung’s permanent adoption right away. 

“About Namjoon…” He cast you a wary glance. 

“You know we have more than enough space in our home. It’s up to you guys and Namjoon.” You shrugged. 

“We can ask him. The house will just get livelier. When we see a fit to our family, we shouldn’t let them go, huh?” He joked. Your knew what he meant was that he was open to the fact that there would probably be more hybrids joining your family. It made your heart feel warm that the other hybrids were comfortable with you possibly opening your home to more rescued hybrids. 

“Let’s eat up before I get called away.” You smiled and he nodded, putting a chopstick full of pasta into his mouth. 

“You should go home. My shift ends at 6.” You told him once you were done. 

“I can wait here.” He said.

“You should sleep in your bed, Yoongi. Besides, it might not be so professional if my hybrid is crashing on my couch while I’m working.” You said. Yoongi nodded, understanding where you’re coming from. He leaned down to give you a kiss on the cheek before grabbing all the trash and leaving. 

Your beeper went off and you stood up, grabbing your coat and leaving your office. You entered your allocated consultation room with your nurse following shortly behind you. 

“Good work today. Have a nice rest.” You parted ways with the other doctor and nurses, entering your car. 

“(y/n)!” Taehyung was there to greet you with open arms the moment you entered through the front door. You stepped back slightly but managed to prevent yourself from falling. Taehyung nuzzled his head against your neck, purring softly. 

“Yoongi hyung came back and apologised to me. He also told me everything is back to normal!” The tiger was nearly vibrating with happiness. 

“Yes, he came to see me too and we talked a lot. I’m glad things are okay now. Were you really so happy you waited for me at 7 am?” You couldn’t help but laugh. He even nodded his head in confirmation. 

“Wanna help me make breakfast for the boys? I think sleeping now will mess my body clock.” You chuckled. Taehyung nodded enthusiastically. You ruffled his hair and went to take a quick shower before changing into more comfortable. Tying your hair into a loose bun, you and Taehyung began making pancakes. 

“Can you make the juice? I’ll fry the bacon.” You handed him all the oranges. He began slicing them and putting them through the juicer. 

“How are your ribs, Taetae?” You asked. 

“Good. They’re not hurting or sore anymore and Jin hyung has been helping me with the tape.” He turned around and lifted his shirt slightly. You washed your hands, stepping away from the pan to check it. 

“They really do look better. You can stop taping them at the end of the week.” You smiled. 

“(y/n)?” You heard Jin call you, half asleep. You hummed in reply and he came down, wrapping his arms around you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter