Chapter 8

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“(y/n)…” You were woken by whining. Getting up, you let Taehyung’s arms fall around your waist, hearing Jimin outside your door. He was trying to get in but Yoongi was standing guard at your door, preventing him from coming in. 

“You either go eat breakfast or wait in the living room. I’m not letting you go in.” Yoongi growled lowly. You sighed, getting out of bed and letting Taehyung hug your pillow. Shuffling to your bathroom, you brushed your teeth and washed your face, pulling your hair up.

“Morning.” You appeared behind Yoongi. 

“(y/n)!” Jimin grinned, excited to see you. Yoongi still stood in between the two of you. 

“Yoongi.” You placed a hand on his shoulders. You saw the panther’s ears twitch slightly before you brushed past him and went to pet Jimin on the head. He, of course, hugged you instead. 

“Alright, let’s go get some breakfast.” You the back of his head and he released you but still continued to hold your hand. Sitting Jimin down on your chair, you jogged over to Jin, hugging him and kissing his cheek. Namjoon came to your other side and lightly bumped your hip with his, making you scrunch your nose as him. 

“Thanks for cooking.” You Jin’s tail before grabbing a plate. Jimin watched in jealousy at how affectionate and close you were to your hybrids. He wanted to be able to act like that with you too. 

“Here.” You placed it in front of Jimin. He sniffed it lightly. 

“This is really mine?” His eyes sparkled at the big plate of food before him. You nodded with a small smile. Jimin suddenly grabbed the plate and placed it on the ground. He plopped down in front of it. 

“What are you doing?” You asked. 

“I’m not allowed to eat at the table.” Jimin’s ears dropped as he looked down at the food. 

“Come on, Jiminie. Here, you can eat at the table. You don’t have to eat on the ground. You’ll hurt your back.” You grabbed the plate and helped him stand, placing the food back on the island. Back at the hospital, he had no choice but to eat on the table. Now, he was in a home, he was supposed to eat on the ground.

“You sure it’s okay?” He asked uneasily. 

“Of course.” You smiled softly. He nodded his head and continued to stare at his food, not eating it. 

“You don’t have to ask for permission as well. Just eat what you like, when you like.” You patted his head. Jimin perked up with a smile and dug in hungrily. The hospital food could not satisfy his hunger last night. 

“Come on, big baby.” You heard Yoongi grumble from the stairs. You watched in amusement as you saw Yoongi drag a sleepy Taehyung in by the hand, the younger whining and rubbing his eye. 

“I’m sleepy…” Taehyung whined. Seeing that Yoongi wasn’t going to coddle him, Taehyung headed to you, hugging you tightly and resting his chin on your shoulder. You laughed as you held him. He purred softly, making Yoongi roll his eyes and get his food. 

“You can sleep more later, Tae. You’re lucky Yoongi didn’t use violence to wake you up.” You gave a glare at Yoongi, who stuck his tongue out at you. 

“Enjoying the food?” You asked Jimin with Taehyung still clinging to your back like a koala. 

“What’s this? I love it!” He tilted his head adorably as he grinned. He had never seen food like this but it was probably his newfound love. 

“It’s bacon.” You told him. 

“Bacon… It’s good!” 

“Then eat up. Here you go.” You took yours off your plate and handed it to him. Jimin’s mouth fell open slightly in amazement and dug in happily, letting out a hum of satisfaction. He watched as you smiled as him and turned around to talk to Yoongi. Yoongi’s tail was curled around your calf as you laughed and chatted with him. 

“Why does she like him so much?” Jimin asked himself. 

“He’s her first one. No one replaces him.” Taehyung replied. Jimin turned around and blinked at Taehyung. Taehyung knew that Jimin was jealous of Yoongi and didn’t like it. Yoongi was a hyung he respected a lot. 

“Let’s go.” You said and Jimin pouted. But once you held his hand, he felt calmer. The boys all followed you. 

“We’re not going back to the hospital?” Jimin asked as Jin pulled up to the parking lot. 

“No, sweetie. Come on.” You shook your head. Jimin looked around in confusion, moving closer to you in fear of the unfamiliar place. He watched a lady come out with a big smile. You let go of Jimin and went to greet her, making him whimper in fear. 

“You look good Seokjin.” The lady wrapped her arms around the taller male as well. Jin smiled at her and she ruffled his hair. 

“Hi, you must be Jimin. I’m Dr Lee.” She approached Jimin. Jimin went rigid, his arms wrapping themselves around your waist as he pressed his cheek against your upper back. 

“It’s okay, Jiminie.” You hummed softly. He let out a whine. 

“We can go to a room, it’s less scary.” Dr Lee said and you nodded. You awkwardly waddled, being careful to not make Jimin trip over you. He kept his grip on you, feet following where ever you went. He looked around in fear as you entered a small white room. Dr Lee cleared , nodding over at you, making Jimin hiss slightly. 

“You’re a good boy, aren’t you Jimin?” You turned around to face him, putting a hand on his head. He nodded his head with a bright smile. 

“Dr Lee will take good care of you. I promise.” You whispered. 

“W-What? What about you? But you’re my doctor! I only want you!” Jimin’s eyes widened in panic as he gripped your arm. Two nurses came in and grabbed Jimin by his arms, pulling him away from you. 

“Let me go! (y/n)!” Jimin sobbed as he struggled. You felt a lump in your throat, looking away as Jimin called out your name. Jin came and squeezed your hand as you felt your own tears pool in your eyes. You knew that this was the only way that Jimin would get better. 

“You promised you’ll never let them take me!” He cried. 

“I…” You were lost. 

“Please, (y/n). Please don’t let them take me! I promise I’ll be good, don’t leave me! Let me go! I want (y/n)!” Jimin reached out to you but was held back. He cried out and whimpered. 

“We should go, (y/n).” Namjoon called softly and pulled you out of the room. Dr Lee sighed and followed, closing the door. From the other side of the door, Jimin was banging on the door, crying and calling out your name. 

“Come here.” Yoongi wrapped his arm around you, pulling you into his chest. All of you headed back to the lobby and you cried into Yoongi’s chest. Even your friend felt back to you, rubbing your shoulder to comfort you. That was one of the most painful things you have ever had to experience. Jimin probably hated you and felt betrayed. 

“Shh…” Yoongi hushed you. 

“I’ll keep you updated, (y/n). I know it’s not easy but I’m glad you understand that it’s for his own good. He needs help.” Dr Lee said softly. 

“We’ll come pick him up when he’s better, hmm? He needs this, we can’t help him. He won’t get better if we let him be.” The panther holding you said and you nodded your head. 

“It’ll be okay.” He kissed your head. 

“Well, we’ll do the same as we did with Seokjin. When he starts improving, I’ll allow visits every now and then. For now, none of you can visit him. Don’t worry. He’s in good hands here.” Dr Lee informed. Jin nodded and all the hybrids bowed their heads. 

“Please… take good care of him.” You hugged your friend. 

“You know I will.” She smiled. You walked out with your 4 hybrids. Jin drove as Taehyung cuddled you in the back seat. 

You couldn’t sleep well. Even with the boys taking turns to sleep next to you, you would only be able to sleep for a few hours. When you closed your eyes, you heard and saw Jimin crying, calling out to you, begging you to stay by his side. It was traumatising, to say the least. At least work could distract you.

Today was your day off. The boys had all gone to work while you buried yourself in Yoongi’s thick blankets on his bed. 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter