Chapter 2

A Place Called Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kitten, how many snacks do you want to get?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow, chuckling in amusement. You blinked at him, multiple bags of snacks all piled up in your arms. 

“He likes snacks.” You said. 

“You’re unbelievable. Let me help you.” He took the bags from you, placing them in the basket that he got. You grinned happily and held hands with him as you headed to the cashier. There were still laws that prevented hybrids from having credit cards, which you felt was absolutely ridiculous. So created a card under your name for a joint account with Yoongi.

“Here.” You handed the cashier your card. He nodded, beginning to scan the items. Through all this, he kept a wary gaze on Yoongi. Yoongi didn’t really care as he yawned, rubbing his eye.

“Is something the problem?” You snapped. 

“N-No! Sorry.” The cashier, shocked by your sudden call out, sped up the packing. You and Yoongi grabbed the bags and went to the car. You slammed the trunk down. 

“Woah, put your claws back kitten.” Yoongi teased. 

“Did you see the way he was looking at you? As if you were going to attack him or something. All you did was stand there and yawn. How was that threatening?” You growled in anger. Looking at you, Yoongi could smell your anger to know that you weren’t joking but he still couldn’t help but laugh. 

“What?” You glared at him.

“Kitten, you’re the most amusing human I have ever met. I wasn’t even affected by him, I didn’t care. And here you are, getting all angry in the parking lot.” He continued to laugh at you while you scoffed. 

“Well, I’m glad my anger amuses you.” You started the car. 

“Oh, it does.” He nodded and you threatened to sock him. You began to drive until you reached your destination. After signing in for both and Yoongi, you handed your identification cards over to be scanned and the guard let you through the gates. 

“Jinnie.” You knocked on the white door and entered. The moment you entered, you were tackled to the ground, a figure standing over you. 

“(y/n)!” The arctic fox hybrid grinned and hugged you. You chuckled, patting his back as Yoongi helped you to stand up. 

“Yoongs.” Jin smiled. 

“Hey, Jin.” The panther had a small smile on his face as he greeted the male. Jin’s snow white, thick tail wagged in excitement and his pointy white ears also stood up, showing just how excited he was to see you and Yoongi. You reached over to pat his head, rubbing his ear between your fingers. 

“I’m sorry I haven’t come to see you. I brought some snacks.” You apologised, showing him the bag of different snacks in there. Jin loved his snacks. 

“It’s okay. I’m just happy you’re here now.” He nuzzled your neck. You still couldn’t help the guilt. 

“Stop feeling guilty, (y/n). I know it’s not your fault. You’re busy saving hybrids.” Jin must have been able to smell your emotions. Yoongi sat on Jin’s bed and the fox immediately went to sit with him. Even if Yoongi didn’t express it, he missed Jin as well. His tail was wrapped around the older male’s torso in a protective position. 

“How have you been, Jin?” You sat on the chair beside the bed. 

“Good. Dr Lee has been taking good care of me.” He smiled. You nodded your head in approval. 

You were going to adopt Jin but he didn’t pass the psychiatric assessment. Being a doctor yourself, you knew that Jin would not have been safe for all of you if he went home with you and Yoongi immediately. 

After discussing with both of them, Jin agreed to stay in a facility to help him with his anxiety. You had one of your best friends taking care of him. 

“Yoongi, I’m going to find Dr Lee. Can you stay here with Jin?” You stood up. Yoongi nodded and you kissed both of them on the head before leaving the room. You found your friend in her office. 

“(y/n).” She smiled as she got up and walked to you. 

“I didn’t know you were visiting Jin today.” She pulled you in for a hug. You trusted her with everything, especially Jin and his mental health. She was one of the best in the psychiatric care field for hybrids. As she sat back down, you sat opposite her. 

“I actually have a surprise for you. I was going to call you but seeing that you’re here. Might as well give it to you.” She chuckled and took something out from her drawer, sliding it across the desk. You opened the file and looked at it. 

“W-What?” You gasped as you read. Tears immediately filled your eyes, threatening to spill over. 

‘Patient Kim Seokjin
Psychiatric assessment: PASSED
Comments: Based on the close observations by the care team, Patient Seokjin has shown exceptional recovery and social skills amongst both humans and hybrids. When ready, his owner may check him out of the facility.’

“He’s coming home?” You cried. She nodded, tearing up herself. You both shared another hug. Quickly, you ran to the room but before you could open the door, Yoongi opened it. He had smelt you and your tears as you approached the door. You threw your arms around his neck as he held you in shock. What happened while you were in Dr Lee’s office?

“Kitten?” He held you in worry. 

“(y/n)? What’s wrong? I-Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?” Seokjin panicked with a frown. You pulled away from Yoongi with a smile, wiping your tears with your sleeve. 

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Jinnie.” You assured, still trying to stop your tears. 

“Then why are you crying?” Jin tilted his head in confusion. 

“Jinnie, are you ready to come home?” You asked with a soft smile. The two hybrids froze in their spots. They looked at each other before turning to look at you. 

“What do you mean?” Yoongi spoke first. 

“You passed your assessment. You can come home. I can check you out when you’re ready.” Another round of tears came as the two boys hugged you tightly. Yoongi buried his head in your shoulder as Jin cried in your arms. Finally, your home was going to be complete again. Jin constantly chanted ‘I’m going home’ as he sobbed. You could only nod your head in agreement. 

“Let’s go home then.” Yoongi squeezed your hand. 

The both of you helped Jin pack up his things before heading to Dr Lee’s office again. She had the release papers on her table. Jin hugged her tightly, grateful for her help. 

“That was your effort, Jin. I merely gave you the push you needed.” She smiled, patted his back. Jin signed his confirmation paper and you signed all the other release forms, as his legal owner.

“Bye Jin. Take care. I’ll drop by from time to time to see you.” Dr Lee waved and the 3 of you left. Finally, both your boys would be home. 

“Let’s celebrate. Burgers?” You suggested as you drove. Jin clapped excitedly while Yoongi had a small smile on his face. You went to a burger joint and sat in a booth seat. 

“Welcome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter