The Reenlistment

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will the candidates from the College of Politics and Economics please stand?” the dean announced. “I present to you those who have completed the requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of the Science of Politics, Bachelor of the Arts of International Relations, Bachelor of the Arts of Journalism and Communication, and Bachelor of the Arts of Economics.”

“Thank you Dean Sung,” The president of Kyunghee University continued, “By the authority vested in me by the faculty and trustees of this university, I’m delighted to confer upon you the degrees for which you have been presented. And to admit you to the rights, responsibilities, and privileges.”

“Will the graduates of the College of Politics and Economics please be seated,” the dean instructed, followed by applause from the graduates and the family and friends who attended the ceremony.

The president of the university once again took the podium, “On behalf of Kyunghee University, congratulations to all of you on this very special day. You have graduated from the family of Kyunghee students, and you have joined the family of Kyunghee alumni.”

The audience applaud while the president, the deans, and the graduates left their seats one by one.

 

Seyeon and Jinjoo ran to Daeun’s arm. “Congratulations Eun!” Jinjoo said.

“Wow, you really did it Shim Daeun. You graduated in only three years!” Seyeon cheered.

Kyungsoo clapped his hands, “And the fact that she is now a senior assistant in News Kyunghyang makes her more amazing.”

“It was all due to her hard work in the Lady Kyunghyang,” Sehun reminded.

“Yeah, and it is because the royal news section was being moved to News Kyunghyang,” Daeun replied.

“I’m still a little uncomfortable by the fact that my friend’s job is to write about my family,” Jongin said.

“More precisely about you and Seyeon actually,” Jinjoo corrected.

Daeun looked at the married couple apologetically, “It’s okay, we did get married in peculiar way,” Seyeon patted her friend’s shoulder.

“Don’t forget the timing with Chanyeol Gun’s wedding as well,” Kyungsoo added.

“Unnies, opppas, let me take a picture of the six of you,” Daeun’s sister offered. The group immediately huddle up and posed for the picture.

 

❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

A car halted at the lobby, a man stepped out followed by a younger woman, a row of people in suits and coats who had been waiting for the duo bowed. The man starting to walk closely followed by the woman and people in suits and coats.

Despite the obvious power ambience exuding from the man in front of the entourage, he smiled and greeted the people he encountered during his journey to the elevator with a sign ‘VVIP’.

The man and woman from the car entered the compartment, “We will see you in my office,” the man said, the rest of the group bowed once again until the door closed and the machine started to move up.

“Why do you only greet the patients and not the staff, daddy?” the woman asked.

“My pearl, even if we don’t greet the staff, they will come back tomorrow, but if we don’t greet the patients, they might not come back,” the man answered. “You are a young woman, you have to draw a line with those old men and women. They will always think they have more experience and right to be the vice chairman, but they are not my daughter.”

Jinjoo looked at her father, “Do you really think I am ready to start working here daddy?”

“It won’t be easy, that’s why it is better for you to start your training from now,” Chairman Ha answered.

The elevator arrived with a ding, the father-daughter strode to a door with ‘Shinje Hospital Chairman’ written on a gold platted sign. The father opened the door and let his daughter entered before him.

The older man checked his watch, “It will take a while for the rest to arrive,” he said while he took a seat on the sofa.

Jinjoo walked to a small bar at the corner of the office, “What kind of tea would you like to drink daddy?”

“Earl grey would be nice,” he rested his head on the sofa and closed his eyes. “The madam of Myunggi Chemical had been asking your mother to set another date between their second son and you.”

Jinjoo’s movement halted for a moment before she continued, “My answered still hasn’t change daddy, I am not going to get back together with Min oppa.”

“I know, it seems like he is very persistent on making you his wife.”

“Are you not going to force me to marry him? I thought it would be a great deal, if Shinje Hospital and Myunggi Chemical merges,” Jinjoo answered nonchalantly while continue pouring hot water on the teapot.

Chairman Ha opened his eyes and looked at his daughter, “You watched to many dramas my pearl, it would be great trade if we merge with Myunggi Chemical, but not in a million years I would exchange it with my daughter’s happiness.”

Jinjoo place the tea set on the table and started arranging the cups, “Daddy, you are so sweet.”

“Afterall, they won’t give us much, Min is still the second son, they won’t let the second daughter-in-law’s family get more benefit than the first one.”

Jinjoo stared at her father, “I knew there is another reason. Anyway, I am not going to go on a date with Min oppa, ever.”

Chairman Ha support his elbow on his knees, “Is Sungmin the only reason you are not getting back together? I don’t know, maybe another man?”

Jinjoo awkwardly scoffed, “Of course not daddy, like you said, I have to focus on securing my position in the hospital and leave no room for uncle or cousin.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter