The Cooperation

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Neither of you are associated to the death of Minseok Seja or his family,” Daeun stated.

Too taken aback by Daeun’s comment, Seyeon and Jongin could only gave her curious stare. It was Baekhyun who responded the journalist, “Excuse us?”

“What she meant is that, we have been suspecting that Minseok Seja’s death is not an accident, more like a chain of action to prevent him from taking the thorne,” Sehun clarified.

“What makes you think that we,” Jongin pointed to himself and his cousin, “got something to do with it?”

“I always thought something shady was happening to Minseok Seja, and this,” Daeun waved her recorder, “Just narrowed down the suspects,” she played the recording on the west garden, “If you listen carefully, they are either a member of the royal family or a palace attendants.”

Baekhyun rubbed his chin and nodded, “That makes sense.”

“I speculate, it started when the first crown princess was alive, hence the suspect should be around Minseok Seja for at least two decades,” Daeun pointed to the members of the Great Eight, “Both of you were infant at the beginning of the timeframe.”

“Then why don’t you invite Chanyeol oppa?” Seyeon asked, she looked at her husband who has his brows creased together.

“Since your elopement with Seyeon, the Daily Gossip has not stop following you,” Daeun started only to be cut by Sehun, “You should give them a call by the way, some photos are too private to be kept.” Seyeon shuddered at the information of their private life in digital form in someone’s laptop.

Daeun glared at Sehun for cutting her, “That is true, but the point is, you had no time to gather to make any conspiracy, and Baekhyun oppa was too busy with his training, his alibi is all over the police academy. Unfortunately, we cannot say them same to Prince Chanyeol, due to his journeys to Germany, it is difficult to confirm his alibi.”

“Why tell us now? Why don’t you wait until you confirm his alibi as well?” Baekhyun asked the obvious.

“That, I can answer,” Sehun raised his hand. “I have been helping Daeun for the past week, but I have to return to the base soon, someone need to keep her in check,” he pointed to the lady of the house, in which she slapped his hand away.

“No, I need an ear behind the palace walls and someone within the jurisdiction of the palace,” Daeun rolled her eyes.

Baekhyun raised his hands in surrender position, “Hey, I’m only a police officer, I give parking ticket, checking driver’s sobriety or directing traffic. I am not even allowed inside a crime scene.”

“That’s your job to find a detective that we can trust,” Daeun ordered.

“Shouldn’t we ask help from Jungah unnie’s husband? He should know someone,” Seyeon suggested.

“As much as I want to keep them in the loop, the three of you are the only member of the royal family that I can trust” she stole a glance at Jongin who was staring at Seyeon. “My biggest suspects are Grand Prince Jongdae and Grand Prince Joonmyeon.”

Jongin finally opened his mouth, “You know that it is my father, and my uncle, you are talking about,” his tone rose, Seyeon put her arm around Jongin to calm him down.

“I’m sorry, it is the nature of my job to have questions about everyone,” the senior assistant apologised.

“Then have doubt somewhere else! Stop messing with my family!” Jongin took a step and raised his hand, accidentally hitting Seyeon’s face, his wife tightened her hold. “Be it my father or my uncle, they both lost a brother, did you not consider that?”

Sehun tried to stop Jongin from the other side, “You are hurting Seyeon,” he warned.

“You stay away from my wife! I would never hurt her intentionally,” the prince glared at the soldier.

Daeun took a few steps and stop in front of Jongin, “Look into my eyes, and tell me that I am wrong. Because both of them gained a lot from the death of Minseok Seja with no living heir.”

Seyeon gave Daeun’s shoulder a little pressure, signaling her to take a step back, “Daeun, it might be better for you to give him more space.”

“Grand Prince Jongdae only have the Park clan behind their back, but Grand Prince Joonmyeon?” Daeun scoffed, “Not only he is the son-in-law of the head of Baek clan, but he recently became in-law with the Jin clan.”

“You are really out of line Shim Daeun!” Jongin roared.

“Then prove me, I’m wrong Kim Jongin!” Daeun yelled back.

“We’re leaving,” Jongin took Seyeon’s hand and dragged her to the door. The wife could only look back at the three during the short trip to the door.

The hydraulic hinge pressed the door momentum after Jongin slammed the entrance. Daeun turned to the police, “Why haven't you left?”

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder, “Despite your intrusive comment, your theory is logically correct. Show me what you got.”

Sehun sighed and shook his head. Daeun smirked while walking to the white board, she flipped the board revealing information she and Sehun had collected.

 

❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

Once again, Jongin slammed the door shut, he flinched at the soft touch of his wife. “Sorry for startling you,” Seyeon apologized.

Jongin caressed Seyeon’s cheek, “I should be the one asking for your forgiveness, does it hurt?”

Seyeon smiled and shook her head, “Do you want to get ice cream? I know it will lighten up your mood.”

Jongnin grinned and gave his wife a quick smooch, “You know me the best,” He turned his attention to the GPS, “But first, we have to make a quick stop.”

 

The door with the plate “CEO” opened abruptly, “Do you have no manner?!” the chief executive officer complained.

“Pardon me Si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter