The Elopement

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An SUV sped to the City Hall, the driver parked the car on the first parking spot he could find, its parking position would definitely spark unpleasant comment from passerby, however the driver could not care any less.

Three men in soldier uniform alongside three beautiful women stepped out of the car, one man in particular seems to be dragging the rest of the envoy, "Come on! The City Hall is going to close any minute!"

“No, the City Hall is closing in an hour. I still don’t get how rushing to the City Hall is a celebration for your discharged from the military?” an obviously annoyed Shim Daeun rolled her eyes, although she showed no signs of stopping her friend.

The soldier with Kim. Jong. In. written on his chest replied “Well, the line could be longer than we expected. What if the office closes before it is our turn? Do I have to get married tomorrow?!” Earning confused stare from four out of six of them.

“I’m not sure how the system in the City Hall works, but I’m pretty sure as long as you got your queue number, your turn would still be today.”  

“Well, Private Oh Se Hun. If none of us sure what would happen, wouldn’t it be better to hurry up?!”

A man clasping a woman’s hand said “Can we slow down? You know that Jinjoo doesn’t have long legs and do you see how high her shoes are?!”

The tiny woman in question smacked the man’s shoulder “It is called heels and you are not that tall either Private Do. But I do agree, can we slow down a little bit?”

As the group arrived in the lobby of the City Hall, Jongin frantically looked for the marriage registration office. “Babe, the marriage registration office is on the second floor.”

Jongin turned around faster than Sehun can say 'Long live the King.' “Where do you get that information?”

Seyeon waved the ticket she printed out from the machine, complete with their queue number and the direction of the office. Jongin took three long steps, grab Seyeon’s face and kissed her. “I knew I choose the right bride,” followed by complaining grunts from the group.

“Seriously? Can’t you wait until you are man and wife? You guys are literally going to be officially married in an hour,” Kyungsoo complained.

As the elevator door opened, the culprit glanced to the back of the group, “If I can kiss Seyeon in front of her father and still live to tell the tale, I would definitely care less of your response. Besides, I would be married by now if someone could eat a little bit faster.”

“Excuse me that we ladies, have not been spending the past twenty-three months eating with soldier in military base. Who extends their military service anyway?” Daeun crossed her arm.

A small sound of “Excuses” from the eager man, and a reply of “It is called patriotism” from Sehun could be heard, however she chose to ignore it. “Can you give us a moment to prosses the fact that two of my best friends are getting married?” the frown on her face turned upside down as she held Seyeon’s hand.

“I am sorry that this is so sudden,” Seyeon apologized. “But after being separated for almost two years we don’t think we can be separated any longer,” she looked at her soon to be husband lovingly.

“They are, never been separated since they were what, eleven?” Jinjoo remarked.

“Nine,” was the short answer from Kyungsoo.

As the group stepped out of the mechanical box, and proceed to take a seat—per request of the groom—as near as possible to the announcement board. “I still don’t feel so good that we didn’t tell your or my family about us eloping yet,” the worried looking bride said.

“That is, actually the point of eloping. And do we have to remind you that both of you are barely legal to get married?” asked Kyungsoo.

“Emphasize on the word legal,” Jongin said as the matter of fact. “We all knew that this is coming sooner or later anyway. Even if I ask your father’s hand in marriage, there will be engagement, other traditions to follow, wedding organizing, and the wedding itself. By the time we are actually married, we would be like twenty-two!”

“Wow, are we back in the sixteenth century?” Jinjoo said sarcastically.

“First ever sarcastic remarks from Ha Jinjoo, credit to truly yours, Kim Jongin.” Daeun added.

Jongin ignore his friends, “Parental consent? I’ll be damn! I will deal with thy father after thee became my wife!”

“You do know that my father is an active Navy Officer, right?” asked bride. “Yes, my dear, I am aware of that fact,” replied the groom.

“Do you remember your future brother-in-law was our instructor during our service?” Sehun asked.

Jongin took a big gulp of invisible saliva, “I would never forget.” Kyungsoo tapped his shoulder, “We will give you a moment to process this information, as we process to your sudden news of marriage.”

As silent communication between Seyeon and Jongin were made, to make sure that he was okay, the announcement board showed, that it was their turn.

“We actually only need two witnesses, you guys sort out by yourself who will be the witness while we fill the marriage request form,” the rest of the group starred at Jongin in disbelief, looked at each other then proceed to play rock paper scissors.

As they finished filling the form, Seyeon smiled “This is it Babe, you're stuck with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter