The Grand Heir

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time was six twenty-two in the morning, Seyeon had been awake for three hours. Although she could not find a good explanation why forty-five minutes flower bath was necessary─no one beside her husband would know how she smells anyway. It was a welcomed process, the state-of-the-art bathtub maintained her preferred temperature throughout her bath. The usual thirty minutes drive from the Grand Heir Manor─formerly known as Second Grand Prince Manor─took shorter time, due the day being a national holiday, and the road leading to the palace closed by the local police.

When she arrived in the palace, she was─almost literally─dragged to the Crown Princess’ Residence, where she met her mother-in-law at the entrance of the makeup room. Both consorts were immediately seated in front of a blinding mirror, soon after their hair was braided and pulled into a bun at the nape of their neck, on account of the long hair rule, no wig was necessary to make the bun more voluminous. A silver phoenix ornament rested on the older woman’s head, while a nickel phoenix rested on the younger one. Only light make up was applied, to show the natural beauty of the future Mother of the Nation.

Both women went to separate rooms to get dressed. When Seyeon arrived at her dressing room, she was greeted by her friend. Shim Daeun was sitting down on the comfortable sofa, happily sipping on her morning coffee. She and other selected journalists were chosen to be the broadcast personnel of the auspicious day.

Daeun stood up from her seat, and presented her greetings. “You are here early,” Seyeon commented while walking to the circle platform in middle of the room, Daeun noticed her friend’s change of vocabulary. “Do you not have a camera to install or to be scolded by your superior somewhere?”

“That is one of the reason why I am here,” Daeun adjusted her choice of words, Seyeon was asked to take off her clothes, until she only has her thermal underwear on, “Kidding, I came here early to see you. Oh, you are allowed to wear thermal underwear?”

Seyeon rolled her eyes, “The water is still freezing Eun.” Court Lady Nam slipped on the undergarment dress, and she clasped all the buttons. The court lady then bent down to put the socks on, Daeun ran to Seyeon’s aid to held her balance.

“Do you remember my question the day we first met after you got hitched?”

“Which one? You had like a thousand,” Seyeon stared at her friend. The strap of the skirt slid on Seyeon’s shoulder, the court lady went around her back, she took the left skirt string under the shoulder on the right and straightened up the hem of the skirt to the left.

“The one about you possibly be a queen, you were so sure you will not be one,” Daeun leaned her body on one side, hand on her hips. Court lady Nam, went to the front to tie the strings over Seyeon’s chest. To make sure that the skirt did not shift backwards, the court lady pulled the skirt down.

Seyeon sent glares towards the journalist, while the woman directed the dirty looks laughed out loud. “My father-in-law is the third son, even the heir apparent to the British throne still has not ascent yet,” she looked around to make sure no one was paying attention, “If I married Chanyeol oppa, I might have different expectations,” she whispered.

The jacket completes the look, silver leaf patterns decorated from the shoulder through the end of the sleeves and on the collar, two big silver leaf stripes also decorated her skirt. Having an option to choose her own insignia as Grand Heir Consort, silver lotus emblems were sewn on her shoulders, the front, and the back of the jacket.

“Hm…” Daeun propped her right elbow on top of her left arm and rubbed her chin, “That makes sense.”

Court Lady Nam, placed the short right fastening ribbon on top of the long left fastening ribbon, then she tied it together. Underneath the top one, she folded the bottom ribbon to the left, and pulled the top ribbon through the fold. Finally, to secure the knot, she pulled both sides of the ribbon and made sure it was in a neat shape.

Once again, with the support of Daeun, Seyeon slipped the traditional shoes on. Her nails were perfectly manicured with her favorite spin the bottle . “Well, look where you are now,” she chuckled, “About to be confirmed as the consort of the heir to the throne.”

Court Lady Nam stood up and bowed to the princess. “You are ready, Mama.”

“What about coat?” Daeun looked at her friend’s lack of winter accessories, “At least let her wear a scarf or winter cap. That is not a modern accouterment.”

Seyeon walked to the sofa and plopped down, the air inside her skirt made a balloon shape before it deflated. “The hairpin is part of the ceremony, a cap would interfere the process, and one of the indications of a princess are the emblems and leaf patterns.”

“We made sure the heater would be enough to warm everyone,” Court Lady Nam added.

The door to the dressing room opened, revealing Prince Jongin in a simple white pants and white shirt. With his hand still on the door knob, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter