The Hospital

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter

“Welcome to the Daily Gossip! The show where we talked all things everything from celebrities to famous people!” the host opened the show. “Even the Royal Family,” the host winked at the camera.

“Let us not prolong this any longer, let’s welcome today’s expert, she works at Shinje Hospital as a nurse in the obstetrics and gynecology department, who knows the juicy information about the Prince Jongin and Princess Seyeon’s visit to the medical center, miss Geum Moonhee!” the host introduced

A woman in nurse scrub walked to the center of the studio, she bowed to the audience and took a seat on the sofa. The nurse introduced herself after receiving cue from the host, “Good Evening, I have worked in Shinje Hospital for one year, my name is Geum Moonhee.”

The audience clapped as instructed on the screen.

“Tell us, when this event happened?” the host crossed her legs, the nurse followed the gesture, making herself comfortable.

“It was spring last year, I was new in the hospital, for that reason I did most of the work─” the nurse was getting started, when she was cut by the host.

“Interesting, it is news to us, that Shinje Hospital overworked their newcomers,” the host nodded.

“It wasn’t like that, I just graduated nursing school, and I need to practice more, the senior nurses were just guiding me,” the nurse clarified, “May I continue my story?” It was clear that she did not like getting interrupted.

The host raised her palm upwards, signaling the source to continue.

“I just came back from changing an intravenous drip when my coworkers were all bowing to someone, more like two people. It was the Jongin Gun and the Seyeon Gunbuin, of course I followed to give my greetings as well. They were not wearing fancy clothing, but the royal guards were pretty overwhelming.”

“What about their behavior? Were they friendly?”

“The Prince was very nice, he gave us instruction not to give further greetings throughout the day, he also smiled at the staffs when he can. The Princess... not so much, but considering the nature of the situation, she was not in her best condition. People were taking pictures, the guards did try to prevent them, but the Prince stop them. At some point, Princess Seyeon was leaning on Prince Jongin’s shoulder for support, shortly after the Prince covered them with newspaper until the doctor arrived.”

“How come? What was her diagnose?” the host move her body forward, showing her interest.

“I cannot say any detail, that is violation of patient information,” Nurse Moonhee gave a half smile.

“Well, if you are not going to tell us anything, there is no reason for us to continue the interview,” the host took her cue cards and prepared to leave the stage.

Panic was written all over the nurse’s face, everyone could see she was contemplating a hard decision, fast. While the host was walking out, the nurse stopped her, “If the soon to be Grand Heir Consort met a gynecologist last year and there still no news of pregnancy to this day, isn’t that itself, news?”

The host halted her step, a wicked smile appeared on her face, and it faded in seconds. She turned around a smile at the nurse. “I see, your deduction is not groundless.”

The host walked to the sofa, this time she leaned back and crossed her arms, “You’re saying that the Princess may have fertility problem, that is a big problem for the royal family,” she looked to the audience, who gasped at the assumption.

“No- what I’m saying is that─” “Now that you think about it, they have been married for almost five years, even the Vice Chairwoman of Shinje Hospital, who only been married for six months is expecting,” the host shrugged her shoulder.

Just like the invisible lamp in her head switched on, Nurse Geum found a distraction, “Well, that’s because she is in her full term now.”

The host raised her eyebrow, “So you’re confirming the suspicion, that the she indeed married her husband due to unplanned pregnancy?”

“I- well─“

“Oh, poor our soon to be Grand Heir Consort, she must have been pressured from all side to get pregnant, and her best friend’s pregnancy is like rubbing salt to her wound,” the host made a sad face, complete with a pout.

“Well, it seems like that’s a wrap for today, what is your opinion about the two new informations you obtained today? I am your host, Jin Seowoo, see you tomorrow, on the Daily Gossip!”

 

❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

“Fire that !” Jinjoo groaned, her left arm was supported by her mother, and her right hand clutched Kyungsoo’s collar, who just finished his twenty-four hours shift and still in his scrub.

The trio was walking around the hospital hall, when the interview caught the attention of the woman in labor. “Honey, let your dad deal with her, we should focus on you and our little man,” Madame Ha tried to persuade her daughter.

“No!” Jinjoo yelled, she changed the direction of their walk to the nurse station.

The nurses stood up upon seeing their superior coming back. Jinjoo let go of her mother’s hand and propped herself on the counter, Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around Jinjoo’s bloated waist to support her.

Jinjoo bit her lips to maintain her composure, “Does she really work here?” she asked a random nurse in front of her. Out of fear, the nurse only nodded her head.

“Show me her information,” Jinjoo ordered, however when the nurse stood frozen in her spot, she has no other option, “Now!”

Jinjoo did not like to show authority to low level staffs. She wanted them to feel welcomed. However, Geum Moonhee’s unauthorized interview, raging hormones, and long labor did not bode well.

The nurse immediately did as she was ordered, in a speed of light, the result came out, “I- I have no authority to open other employee’s file,” the poor nurse stuttered.

“Where’s the goddamn nurse in charge?!”

“She’s checking on another patient Madam.”

“My love─” Kyungsoo’s word was cut by Jinjoo’s finger.

“You have done enough!” she pointed to her full-term stomach. “Help me inside!” She walked to the entrance of the station, with no other choice but to comply, Kyungsoo helped her inside the work station. Jinjoo’s mother’s palm was positioned five centimeters behind her, in case both her daughter and son-in-law lost balance.

The vice chairwoman entered her account information and successfully accessed the employee’s information. After reading the short résumé, Jinjoo scoffed, “She only finished her education last year, and she’s already killing her career?”

The chairman of the hospital ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter