The Daily Gossip

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The female members of the royal family were enjoying tea and snacks after their morning greetings. The Queen put down her cup, “Resa Gunbuin, how was your honeymoon?” she asked.

The newlywed princess paused from taking another bite of silky pudding, “It was… eventful Mama,” she replied.

The Queen nodded, “Good, I hope you and Chanyeol Gun also always consider the safety of the baby.”

“Yes, Mama,” Princess Resa nodded.

“Sejabin Mama, how is your condition?” Grand Princess Consort Hyunjoo asked.

The crown princess looked up to her sister-in-law from her newborn grand royal and smiled, “Thank you for your concern Bubuin, both me and Wonson are well. Seja Jeoha had been insisting for me to have bed rest for the past two weeks, thankfully he allowed me to come for morning greetings today, or else I would have been so bored.”

The Queen agreed, “You had such a difficult labor Bingung, it is understandable why Donggung made that decision.”

Princess Resa looked at the adorable newborn and wonder if her child would also be as adorable as the grand royal, her attention shifted to the princess on the far end from the crown princess where Princess Seyeon was sitting.

“Forgive me for asking,” the expecting mother started, “This is a family gathering, why is she here?” she pointed to Princess Seyeon.

The smile on the said princess fell, “Because she is the wife of Jongin Gun,” the Queen answered for the princess.

“Yeah, but she hasn’t held a wedding yet,” Princess Resa reasoned.

“She has not held a wedding yet,” Grand Princess Consort Areum corrected.

“Either way, it is not her place yet to sit in this room,” Princess Resa ignored her mother-in-law.

Grand Princess Consort Hyunjoo defended her daughter-in-law, “With all due respect Resa Gunbuin, Seyeon Gunbuin had been married to the royal family longer than you are.”

“Correct me if I am wrong Bubuin Mama, while filling up the royal family registry, I did not see the name Choi Seyeon.”

“Resa Gunbuin, you are overstepping your boundary,” the crown princess warned.

“Am I wrong?” the mother-to-be asked.

“You are not mistaken Resa Gunbuin,” the Queen interrupted, the princes smiled, “However, the royal family have accepted Seyeon Gunbuin as Jongin Gun’s wife five months before your name was registered in the royal family registry. Even though, based on the line of succession, you place higher than Joonmyeon Daegun’s family, as the matriarch of the House of Kim, I order you to respect them as your elder and senior in this family,” the smile on the princess’s face fell.

The Queen turned to Grand Princess Consort Areum, “Areum Bubuin, it has only been two weeks since Resa Gunbuin had been married, but you should discipline her before she presented herself to other royal members.”

“Please forgive the ignorant Gunbuin, Jungjeon Mama,” the grand princess consort bowed.

“I expect you to educate your daughter-in-law the next time she come for morning greetings. You both do not have to come for morning greetings until the end of the week,” the Queen continued. “You both are excused.”

“Yes, Mama,” the grand princess consort and princess exited the room.

“Seyeon Gunbuin, please do not mind what Resa Gunbuin said. You are welcomed in this family,” the Queen reassured.

“Yes, the wedding is only custom for the royal court, you have been part of the family from the moment you married Jongin Gun,” the crown princess added.

Princess Seyeon smiled softly, “Thank you for your reassurance Jungjeon Mama, Sejabin Mama.”

 

Grand Princess Consort Areum dragged her daughter-in-law away from the Queen’s audience room, “What the hell are you thinking?!”

The princess reasoned, “It wasn’t fair! My husband will be King before her father-in-law will ever be, I already have my wedding, I am carrying a royal baby, I am a princess now, and no one can take that away from me! But that girl just dragged Jongin Gun to the City Hall and now she’s a princess?”

“Was not fair,” the mother-in-law corrected. “She is Jongin Gun’s childhood friend, her family is well respected, and if you did not pop up on television telling everyone in the country you got knocked up, the heat on her would not shift to you!”

“What can I do? Chanyeol was ignoring me, he even left the country. I tried contacting the First Grand Prince Manor, but I was constantly being rejected, the only thing I can do to get his attention is through the media.”

“You should just shut up and have the baby in silence!” the grand princess consort pointed to her daughter-in-law, “We will send you money and you can live comfortably for the rest of your life. You think the royal family would accept anyone as daughter-in-law? Why did it take us a month to confirm that the baby is Chanyeol’s? You should remember the only reason you got accepted in this family,” she gestured to the princess’ baby bump.

“You ruined our plan! Chanyeol should have the perfect wife from a powerful family. People your level should have been content only with a glance from us,” with that Grand Princess Areum left.

Princess Resa groaned, “Well, I am a princess now!” she yelled not caring the looks she got from attendants nearby.

 

Grand Princess Consort Hyunjoo, Princess Seyeon, Princess Mi In and Princess Jungah wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter