The Wedding Day

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a beautiful spring morning in front of the gate of Second Grand Prince Manor Jongin held Seyeon’s hand like his life depend on it. He did felt he will die if he has to be separated from his wife even for just a day, moreover thirty days. “Do you really have to go?” he asked for the eighteenth time that morning.

Seyeon smiled and swung their hands, “Do you want us to get married or not?”

“Yesss, but why do we have to be separated for thirty days?”

“You should be grateful because Aba Mama is not Seja, Halma Mama granted Seyeon to stay at Buingung only for thirty days,” Princess Jungah interrupted.

“Then what was the function of Seyeon’s princess training for the past six months? She could have spent more time with me!” the youngest complained remembering the countless morning he woke up alone.

“Her family did not have time to prepare themselves to marry Seyeon to us, did they? Think of it as Olke spending quality time with her family,” Princess Mi In reasoned.

“You should be grateful, Jungjeon Mama also allowed Seyeon to stay at her parents’ house instead of at royal relative’s,” Princess Jungah’s husband added.

Grand Princess Consort Hyunjoo saw reporters coming from the corner of her eyes, “Children, please hold your conversation,” she whispered.

“Seyeon Gunbuin, how do you feel to come back to your parents’ house after six months?”

“Will you be staying for fifty days like Resa Gunbuin?”

“Jongin Gun, you married Gunbuin because you couldn’t be separated from her, please express your feeling about living apart.”

“Joonmyeon Daegun, is the decision for Seyeon Gunbuin to stay at her parents’ house due to her father’s recent promotion as Chief of Naval Operation?”

From the crowd of reporters, Seyeon could locate Daeun on the far right taking notes intensely, and she waved her hand when their eyes met.

Grand Princess Consort Hyunjoo cleared , “First of all, thank you for giving us your time in this early weekend morning. It seems to be appropriate for Jongin Gun and Seyeon Gunbuin to answer the questions, but I will address some questions in place of Jungjeon Mama.”

“During the thirty days Seyeon Gunbuin will be staying in Buingung until the day of the wedding, she will be addressed as Buin. Based on the royal custom, Buingung is usually chosen among royal relative’s residence, considering the condition of the house and the distance from other royal relative’s residence to Second Grand Prince Manor, we have decided to choose Seyeon Buin’s parental house. For the past six months Seyeon Buin also had weekly princess training, which covered most of the subject she would learn in Buingung, therefore she will only stay for thirty days,” the matriarch of the manor answered.

After receiving a cue from his mother, Jongin took a step along with Seyeon, “Thank you all for your concern. Buin’s departure to Buingung indeed would be a long and agonizing month for me,” Jongin turned to Seyeon, “By the end of the wait, I know neither the law or royal court can deny that Choi Seyeon is my wife and I am her husband,” he smiled at her.

Seyeon wrapped her hand around Jongin’s arm, “I am delighted to spend more time with my family, nevertheless one thing I know for sure, although my mind will be filled with new information for the next thirty days but half of them will be filled with how much I miss Jongin Gun.”

Feeling like his heart is bursting with love, Jongin grab Seyeon’s face with his free hand and kissed her. The cameras went frenzy to take the rare pictures of royal members’ public display affection, in contradiction to the rule for royal not to show intimacy in public.

“Buin Mama, it is time for you to leave to Buingung,” Court Lady Nam cut the loving moment short.

Jongin opened his eyes and broke the kiss. "I will miss you," he mouthed. Seyeon nodded "Me too," she replied silently.

The bride bowed to her in-laws and to the reporters before she walked to the car waiting, her husband not willing to let her go went along with her, his grip did not loosen. Their hands were finally separated by the reality that the car door has to be closed. Seyeon stuck her upper body out of the car and gave her husband one last kiss.

 

❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

“Mother, Father, your daughter is home,” Seyeon yelled as she arrived inside her house. As she was taking off her shoes, someone lifted her body and spun her around. Starting to get dizzy, Seyeon’s smacked the man’s shoulder, “Oppa, please let me down.”

Her brother did as he was told, “Anything for my sister,” he ruffled her hair.

“Minho, where is your manner,” their father scolded.

“Father,” Seyeon ran to her father’s arm.

“Mama, this is inappropriate. At least please accept our greetings,” her mother said.

Seyeon sighed, “During a bride’s stay Buingung, they were not formally a princess yet,” she refuted.

“You have been a princess for the past six months,” her father reminded and moved Seyeon to sit on the main sofa. Seyeon felt uncomfortable receiving a formal greeting from her father, mother and brother, however there was nothing she could do.

“How are you not in Pohang oppa?” Seyeon asked after all of her family settled down.

“After receiving news of your wedding being postpone in favour of Resa Gunbuin’s labor, I requested for a month leave. I will be back on duty the day after your wedding,” her brother answered.

“Really?” Seyeon asked in excitement, receiving a confirmation from her brother. “This would be great!” she clapped eagerly.

 

“Woah, how many more gifts the Second Grand Prince Manor will send us? I don’t think we have any storage spaces left,” Choi Minho said in awe.

“Oh my God,” Seyeon’s mother gasped, “This is such a rare paint from Europe, one has to ordered for months in advance.”

Seyeon took a box of wild ginseng and presented to her father, “Father, if you eat this ginseng, you will live for a very very long time,” she smiled.

Two men came inside carrying a massage chair, Minho excitedly welcome the device, “Father can we place this massage chair in my bedroom? My training has become increasingly intense,” he pretended to massage his shoulder.

“Are you a child?” his mother scolded, “You spent eleven out of twelve months in Pohang, why would we have to bother coming to your room to get a massage? This should be left in our room, right honey?” she turned to her husband.

The Chief of Naval Operation nodded, “Of course, you younglings don’t need this device.”

“Father!” Junior Lieutenant Choi excitedly show his father a new set of golf clubs, “This golf clubs are very expensive and sturdy! Unfortunately, you don’t have any more future son-in-law to scare.”

The head of the house took one club an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter