The Wedding Night

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo clapped as soon as the main character of the day entered the groom’s dressing room. “Is that your definition of no funny business?” he asked.

“How did you know?” Jongin asked as he removed his belt.

“Everyone in the country knows! Don’t you remember your wedding is being broadcasted on national television?” Kyungsoo crossed his arm.

Jongin looked around, and the staffs were holding back their laughter.

Kyungsoo walked to his friend and inspect him. “Are you serious?” he said as he wiped the lipstick stain on Jongin’s neck. “First, you did a poor job of wiping off lipstick on your lips when you arrived at the Second Grand Prince Manor, now you don’t even try to wipe it off of your neck?”

Jongin shrugged, “As everyone said, I’m a hot-blooded man, I was in car with my wife, we did absolutely nothing wrong,” he took off the rest of his attire.

Kyungsoo lifted the collar of Jongin’s ceremonial robe, “Aigoo, the laundry staff will be having a hard time to clean the stain.”

 

“Seyeon Gunbuin!” the said woman jumped in surprised as she entered the bride’s dressing room. Her friends with their arm crossed glared at her with laser shooting out from their eyes.

“Girl, have a little bit of dignity, will you? Even if not as a princess, as a woman at least,” Daeun said.

“Did you get scolded?” Jinjoo asked.

Seyeon sighed as her head was finally free from the heavy head piece, “Yes, Jungjeon Mama warned us to behave ourselves.”

“How do you guys have no self-control?” Daeun gestured to Seyeon’s messy hair and loosened ceremonial robe.

Jinjoo gasped when only the first layer of the attire was left on Seyeon’s body, “The make up artist will run out of concealer. A lace overlay would’ve cover up something instead of the chiffon you chose if you’re going to adorn your chest with hickeys.”

Seyeon pouted, “I didn’t know anything would happen when we were in the car.”

Daeun pointed her fingers, “This is all Jongin Gun’s fault.”

Seyeon was saved by the hairdresser that came inside the dressing room, “Cinderella, your fairy godmother has arrived,” she joked.

 

“Daughter, may I talk to you in private?” Seyeon’s mother asked after the hairdresser finished securing the hair ornament on Seyeon’s hair.

“Yes, mother,” Seyeon answered, Court Lady Nam instructed for the others to leave the room.

Jin Sunah took a seat on a chair next to Seyeon, she held her daughter’s hand. “Do you remember about our family heirloom?” Seyeon nodded.

Seyeon’s mother took out a pale green jade ring, “This ring was always given from first daughter to first daughter for generations on the evening of their wedding. Your great-great-great grandmother were worried that the jade would be broken for the centuries to come, so she customised silver branches around the jade, your grandmother added cherry blossoms along the branches. I hope you can also pass this ring on your daughter’s wedding day,”

Seyeon’s mother slipped the ring on Seyeon’s index finger. “The ring doesn’t really suit your wedding dress, isn’t it?” she chuckled.

“No mother, this is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen,” Seyeon stretched her hand and inspected her newly acquired ring, “The colour of the ring will be a beautiful contrast to my dress. Thank you so much, I love you mother,” Seyeon hugged her mother.

A tear dropped from the corner of Seyeon’s eye, and her mother wiped it away, “Oh no, we ruined the makeup artist’s master piece.”

Seyeon shook her head, “Do not worry mother, I am a princess, no one would dare to scold me,” with that the mother and daughter’s laugh could be heard from the bride’s dressing room.

 

❧ ❧ ❧ ❧ ❧

 

The reception was held in Jin family’s luxurious beach house. The attendees would enter the reception from the side gate that lead directly to the back garden. The flower arch along the path to the reception were illuminated by LED lights, making the illusion of fireflies welcoming the guests.

The dinner tables for the attendees decorated with an arrangement of white anemone, rose and baby’s breath, the candle shaped lights in the middle of the table were arranged to make sure everyone will be able to take a look at the bride and groom. Where ambassadors, royal family from other countries, high ranking military officials, dignitaries, family and friends of the bride and groom would be sitting.

By the end of the garden, few steps away from the sand, was a long table for the happy couple, the King and Queen, the groom’s parents and the bride’s parents, facing away from the sea. To illuminate the venue, string of lightbulbs hanged from one tree to another and around the tree bark.

The groom wore a white tuxedo, despite the four buttons vest covering more than half of his upper body, his gold tie could still be seen, the matching handkerchief on his pocket was a great addition to the neutral-coloured jacket, lastly a small arrangement of apple blossom was attached on his jacket lapels.

The flowers of the crown on the bride’s wavy hair matched her groom’s, complimenting the bride’s white dress. The sweet heart shaped bodice was covered with chiffon overlay, the chiffon sleeve pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter