Chapter 8

The Best Present EVER!!!

“Hmm...” It all seemed normal yesterday. I said goodnight to my hyungs and went to the bedroom. Then I flopped on to the bed and fell asleep. When I woke up I was here,” GongChan recalls.

“Did you notice of feel anything strange when you went to your bedroom?”

“Aniyo... Well, I did feel a little tingly on the bed, but I think I was just tired. Anything happened here?”

“Nope, nothing happened except that I named my favourite bear – where is it by the way?” I ask, searching around for it.

“Here it is!” EunHee exclaims, holding its paw up and waving it at me.

“Annyeong!” She fakes a high-pitched voice.

“Wahh! Kyeopta!” GongChan screams, grabbing it from EunHee and cuddling it like a little boy would. After a while he notices the animal hoodie it’s wearing. He gets all excited and says, “HEY I have the exact same hoodie in the dorm!! Kyaa it’s a mini version of meee~”

“That’s why its name is Channie Koong~” EunHee adds.

“Ooh! Whose bear is it?”

“HyunJae’s!” She beams.

I turn away in embarrassment. Gahh now he probably thinks I’m some maniac over-enthusiastic fan who-

“Kyaa~!” GongChan screams again and beams at me.

Completely fascinated by Channie Koong, he plays with the hoodie and takes its hood off.

“Aigoo~ the bear is so cute I-“

He yelps for a moment and drops the bear like it has cockroaches crawling all over it or something.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” I ask.

“I- I dunno, it just kind of-“

Whatever he is going to say is cut off. Suddenly this portal-like thing opens in the air as if someone sliced through it. The 3 of us can only watch completely stunned as the hole in the air gets bigger and bigger until it reaches the size of a hula hoop.

 

A picture forms in the hole and we look in it to see what it is. I see a fan spinning around in the background and a blob-thingy up front and something that looks like the bottom part of a bed frame. I can’t make anything of it and neither can EunHee. GongChan stares a bit longer when a wave of recognition hits him.

 

“IT’S OUR DORM!!! That’s the bottom part of Shinwoo hyung’s bunk that I see every  night!” he shrieks excitedly.

“W-what? Wow! But what’s that blob over there?”

GongChan peers closer.

“That’s not a blob! It’s a-“

Suddenly the blob moves and we can see that it has a head and a body, ones that look very familiar...

“OMG WERE WE JUST STARING AT SANDEUL’S ?!?!” EunHee flips out.

“Y-yeah...” I reply, mortified at what I just saw.

“HYUNGGG!!! SANDEULLIE HYUNG!! IT’S ME! CHANNIE!” GongChan shouts, frantically trying to get Sandeul’s attention, but Sandeul shows no reaction and walks away.

“Why can’t he hear me?” he sounds desperate.

He leans into the portal and somewhat clumsily goes right through it. EunHee and I are too stunned to do anything.

The moment the last part of GongChan’s foot goes through the portal, it closes up.

 

“Channie Koong,” I look at the bear.

“What did you just do?”