Chapter 15

The Best Present EVER!!!

Jinyoung hyung opens the door and is surprised to see me on the couch.

“Annyeong hyuuuuuung~” I try to act as aegyo as possible to lighten their moods, but their expressions tell me it’s not working this time…

“Chan, you need to take care of yourself. What have you been doing to make you so sleepy?” Shinwoo hyung says sternly.

“Yeah, remember that as an idol you must be prepared for these things at all times. We can’t always excuse you.” Jinyoung hyung adds.

Baro hyung just stays silent with an irritated expression on his face.

              “Mi-mianhe hyungs…” I apologize softly. “It won’t happen again.”

Shinwoo and Jinyoung hyung simply nod and head to the practice room to cool off. Baro hyung follows behind them.

Just when I thought the trouble was over, Sandeul hyung motions me to come into the room. I go in and shut the door behind me.

“What is the meaning of this?” Sandeul hyung starts.

“I know you were at HyunJae’s so don’t deny it. But at least have the sense to bring your phone with you so you can come back quickly! I mean, what did you think – we would just call HyunJae and go ‘oh, we need Gongchan back for a while’?!”

Noticing my expression, Sandeul hyung’s tone softens slightly.

“Look, I'm just worried, Chan. Remember what we talked about back when we first debuted? You told me that B1A4 is like oxygen to you. And this has been our dream since we were kids – you know that. How is B1A4 going to survive if our maknae keeps disappearing into this girl’s house whenever we need him?”

Sandeul hyung looks me in the eye.

            “You can’t live two lives, Chan. You have to do something about his. Quick.”

And with that he leaves the room.

 

I bury my face in my hands and sigh.
He’s right.
This has to stop.
Tomorrow, I must say goodbye…

 

 

 

 

 

~Next day~

HyunJae’s POV

EunHee is sick and is resting at home today. Poor her! I guess her body couldn’t handle the craziness of yesterday. Well, I don’t blame her actually… I’m surprised I’m still healthy!

 

Feeling lonely, I decide to ‘call’ my favourite oppa a little bit earlier. Channie walks in casually like he always does, but today his face looks very serious and solemn. I wonder what happened…

 

“Annyeong Gongchan oppa~ I hope you don’t mind, it’s just the two of us today~” I greet with a smile.

Gongchan doesn’t reply. He just walks over and sits himself down next to me, his head in his hands.

“Oppa… what’s wrong?” I ask worriedly. I’ve never seen him look so distressed before.

“HyunJae ah… I… Can’t stay for long… I… have to go soon…” he stutters and then sighs.

“Oh, that’s okay oppa, as an idol I know you have some busy days,” I reassure him.

“No… You don’t understand… I have to go… for good.”

For good? As in, forever? What? No… I only look at him, not knowing what to say.

“I – it’s not your fault, HyunJae… I just… can’t...”

Before I have time to respond he grabs Channie Koong and takes the whole hoodie out. A portal slightly bigger than the usual hula-hoop sized one opens up. Gongchan grabs the now hoodie-less Channie Koong and prepares to go through it. He turns to look at me.

“B-bye, HyunJae…”

He tries to smile as a single tear makes its way down his cheek and on to the floor. He steps through the portal with Channie Koong in his hand and it closes up behind him.

I then realize as I look at the spot where the teardrop is – he is never coming back…

Just then my phone rings.

            “Annyeong HyunJae!”

            “E-EunHee…” my voice cracks.

            “HyunJae? Are you crying? Waeyo? What happened?”

            “Gongchan oppa… He’s… gone…”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH NOES!!! D:

Is this the end?!?!

Read on~~