Chaper 13

The Best Present EVER!!!

Just for reference and convenience sake, remember this:

Orange is Gongchan, Blue is EunHee, Purple is Sandeul, Green is HyunJae.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HyunJae’s POV

We’re finally ready to record the vocals for the project we’re working on!

EunHee and I were going to do it alone, but we decided to ask Gongchan oppa to sing too! With him it would really be special!

“HyunJae, you know what to do!” EunHee shouts excitedly.

“Nae!” I put on Channie Koong’s hood.

 

To our biggest surprise we see TWO people topple into the room. There’s someone else with Gongchan!

EunHee stifles a squeal. OMO! It’s Sandeul!!

Sandeul is on his hands and knees, looking around with an irritated look on his face. Gongchan stares dazed for a moment and then snaps out of his trance.

 

“Annyeong~ Is the song ready yet?” he beams.

“W-wait. Chan, who are they? Why haven’t I seen them before? And more importantly, how did we get here?” Sandeul seems a bit annoyed at Channie for not saying anything about it.

“Annyeonghaseyo, HyunJae imnida~” I introduce myself.

“E-E-E-EunHee i-i-imnida...” EunHee stutters. She blushes and looks away from him, probably recalling an ‘interesting point of view” we saw of him before... (A/N: Refer to Chapter 8 if you don't know what she's talking about!)

With our help, Gongchan explains everything to him. Sandeul simply nods his head.

“I wish you told me earlier Channie,” he says, his voice sounding a little bit less tense.

"Mianhe hyung...” Gongchan looks at him with his puppy eyes.

Sandeul smiles a small smile and then sits in a corner.

“You have your fun, I’ll stay here. Get me when it’s time to go~” he tells him.

Gongchan tries to convince him to join us for recording but Sandeul doesn’t budge. I guess he’s still a little bit upset at Channie for keeping a secret. In the end he gives up trying to convince him and we really get started on the recording.

 

I sit myself on the keyboard to prepare. We’re also recording the last keyboard layer.

“Ready?” EunHee asks with a smile.

I nod excitedly.

“Go go~” Gongchan chirps.

EunHee presses the button on the computer and immediately a familiar piano melody comes out. Sandeul and Gongchan look at us in amazement.

“Chu Chu Chu!!!”they shout happily.

EunHee opens and begins to sing.

neo ye jeonhwal kkeulhgo do, neoman saenggakhae
haru jongil bappeun de, do neoman saenggak na

I smile. EunHee has a very nice singing voice! Even Sandeul and Channie seem taken aback by her lovely voice!

churu chuchu chuchu, chu churu chuchu chuchu

I sing softly like I always do.

eotteokhae, eotteokhae

Gongchan looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. I laugh softly.

EunHee is about to open to sing the next verse when suddenly we hear Sandeul’s voice.

saljjak tteoneun nae sungi, neomu kwiyeo wo
bbijuk daeneun du ibsul, do jeongmal yeppeuji

I turn to see Sandeul standing right behind us. He looks relaxed and happy, lost in his own world as he always is when we see him sing.

I sway from side to side while playing – Chu Chu Chu is my favourite B1A4 song~

churu chuchu chuchu, chu churu chuchu chuchu

haengbokhae, haengbokhae

Gongchan smiles at Sandeul while singing and he ruffles his hair. EunHee and I smile watching them. So it’s true – they are always this cute!

My only hope it is you
naye soneul jabajwo
I will love you forever
naye mameul badajwo

 

Gongchan and I listen in awe as EunHee and Sandeul sing together. Their voices are practically match-made in heaven!

wonhae neoye mam, whoa
ttok gateun mam, gateun mal
loving you

EunHee shoots me a nervous glance. She has never heard me practice the rap before and she doesn’t know if I can really do it. Gongchan and Sandeul also look concerned – neither of them know how to rap.

I lean into the microphone on my keyboard, take a deep breath and…

kkaman bam naenae, geudae saenggakhae
neoye nun, neoye ko, neoye modeunge

Gongchan’s eyes widen, Sandeul’s mouth opens and EunHee smiles. Now that she heard that she knows I’ve got this covered!

geoul sok bichi neun nae dwe e geudae moseubi nal
jichige hae ani michige hae neomu johji nan

I’ve always loved the meaning of this song – especially the rap part. By now I’m smiling, completely absorbed in the song.

bul kkeojin nae bang, neoye shijin man bit na
bulkeojin nae mam, geudae hyanggi gadeukhan
yunanhi oneul ttara deo nun busheo
ije neun geudael ttara tteuneun jeobyeol, Uh

soljik hage malhamyeon, neoreul saranghae
naemam boda mojaran, mal neoman saranghae

EunHee puts her hand on her heart while singing. She looks just like Sandeul! Sandeul closes his eyes while listening to her sing. You can tell he’s impressed.

churu chuchu chuchu, chu churu chuchu chuchu

Gongchan mouths out the words with me. His face looks so cute with his mouth scrunched up like that!!

Oh my love, oh my love

Sandeul shapes a heart with his fingers to no one in particular and smiles his big smile. I now understand why EunHee says he’s handsome!

My only hope it is you,
 naye soneul jabajwo
I will love you forever,
naye mameul badajwo

Looking at the two of them sing, I can tell they really have a connection. It’s really beautiful to watch~

nal bwa naman bwa
Just only you look at me

neoye ibsuri nal bureul ttae (naye ireumeul bulleo)
naneun ni namja ga dwae, beoryeo

Can’t you be my girl?
wiki wiki wiki wiki you’re mine

Gongchan points at me and smiles cheekily. I just smile, roll my eyes and focus on playing. He always jokes around like this!

Oh baby, baby
neo wonhaneun geon mwodeun da julge

As Sandeul pulls that high note, chills crawl down my spine. It sounds even better live and close up! I’m amazed.

My only hope it is you
naye soneul jabajwo
I will love you forever
naye mameul badajwo
wonhae neoye mam, whoa
ttok gateun mam, gateun mal

“Loving you~” the 4 of us sing together. After the song finishes, Sandeul and Gongchan clap.

            “Wahh, that was daebak!” Sandeul exclaims excitedly.

            “How did you make the music?”

“HyunJae does keyboards, pianos and drums while I handle the guitars and other percussions like the tambourine. We layer the parts one by one to get a better sound quality,” EunHee explains, flushing from having sung with her B1A4 bias.

Sandeul stares at me.

            “You did all that?” he asks in astonishment.

            “Yeah…” I smile shyly, embarrassed at the sudden attention.

“And your rap is awesome! You really sound like a female Baro hyung~” Gongchan adds in.

Unsure about whether being called a female Baro is a good thing, I just thank him and smile.

            “You both sing so well too!” I complimented the boys.

            “Gomawo!” Gongchan beams.

            “EunHee too~” Sandeul adds with a smile.

EunHee turns a bright pink and hides her face. She must be really happy right now! The boys laugh.

We talk for a while more and I give Gongchan a little piano lesson, but he’s pretty much hopeless in it. Sandeul looks at his watch and raises his eyebrows in shock.

            “OMO! CHAN! We have to go – they’ll be back any minute now!” he exclaims.

            “Aww! I wanted to stay more!” he pouts, but still submits to his hyung’s demand.

            “Nice meeting you!” Sandeul says hyper-ly before entering the portal.

            “Annyeong EunHee~” he smiles softly. Do I sense a spark?

            “Annyeong~” we say goodbye and they disappear through the portal.

EunHee and I exchange glances.

            “Playback time?” I ask.

EunHee’s smile widens.

            “You bet!”

 

Gongchan’s POV

Sandeul hyung and I get back just in time! I quickly run into the study and open a book. I hear the front door open.

            “We’re back! Sandeullie, is Chan in the toilet again?”

            “Aniya hyung! I’m here~” I run out to greet them.

Jinyoung hyung headlocks me and messes up my hair.

            “So, have you discovered why he’s been in there so much?”

I glance at Sandeul nervously. Now that he knows the real reason, is he going to reveal my secret to the,?

            “Nae. He just had some bad reaction to the ddokbukki we ate.”

I smile in relief. Sandeullie hyung kept the secret! I mouth out ‘thank you’ to him. He smiles at me knowingly.

            “Aish, Channie.. Be careful next time okay?” Jinyoungie hyung says to me.

I look up at him and show my aegyo smile.

            “Nae!”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've never heard this song before...

LISTEN TO IT NOWWWWW *roar*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IBgJ0QoaU