Chapter 8 Lost

Purrfect Love

The next day…

 

*Mimi spends the whole morning looking for her nametag.

 

Mimi: Damn it, where is it? Where is it?

 

*Mimi suddenly bonks into a figure. She bows. 

 

Mimi: I’m so sorry.

 

*She looks up and recognizes the figure. It’s-

 

Mimi’s mind: Bae Inhyuk?

 

*Inhyuk turns around and looks at her worriedly.

 

Inhyuk: Are you okay? Is something wrong?

 

*Mimi starts to panic at his sudden question.

 

Mimi’s mind: I can’t tell him that I’ve lost my nametag. Damn it, what do I say?

 

Mimi: I lost my necklace.

 

Inhyuk: Necklace? What kind of necklace? Maybe I can help you look for it.

 

*Mimi kindly declines him while slowly backing away.

 

Mimi: Ah no it’s okay sunbae. I’ll find it eventually.

 

*Mimi runs away and Inhyuk softly chuckles.

 

Inhyuk’s mind: I bet she’s still looking for her nametag. *takes it out of his pocket and looks at it* 

 

*He tries to follow after Mimi but stops himself from doing so. He looks at the nametag one more time before he puts it back into his pocket.

 

Inhyuk’s mind: Aish whatever. I’ll give it to her later. 

 

*Inhyuk walks away

 

Later…

 

*Mimi tries to look for the nametag again but no luck. She couldn’t find it anymore. She sits on the bench sighing heavily.

 

Mimi's mind: I’ll never find it. Ugh why did I have to lose it? *facepalms herself*

 

*Suddenly Hwall sits down besides her.

 

Hwall: Still nothing?

 

*Mimi nods and pouts.

 

Mimi: Why did this have to happen to me?

 

Hwall: It’s okay Mimi, I’ll get you a new one.

 

Mimi: No. No I don’t want a new one.

 

Hwall: Why? It’s basically just any ordinary nametag.

 

Mimi: It’s not ordinary it’s what my former owner gave to me. *starts to tear up*

 

*The flashback pops into her mind of that day she first got the nametag from Inhyuk.

 

Flashback

Two years ago

 

*Inhyuk comes home with a bag of groceries in his hand.

 

Inhyuk: I got you something.

 

*Mimi tilts her head and looks at him with a curious look on her face. She slowly approaches him. He crouches down and takes out a box. He opens the box and inside is a beautiful hot pink jewelled collar with a tuna-shaped ID tag on it. There was carved her new name. Mimi. Inhyuk puts the nametag on her neck.

 

Inhyuk: Welcome home Mimi.

 

*Inhyuk pets Mimi’s head and she purrs happily.

 

Mimi’s mind: Mimi. My name is Mimi. I have a new name, a new home, and someone I love.

 

End of flashback

 

*Mimi cries in Hwall’s embrace. He pats her back comforting her. 

 

Hwall: I’ll do whatever I can to find it for you.

 

Mimi: Really? 

 

*Hwall sends Mimi home early for she’s too upset to concentrate any further.

 

Hwall: It could be here somewhere.

 

*Just then he spots Inhyuk at the bench holding a familiar object.

 

Hwall's mind: Isn’t that Inhyuk sunbae? *recognizes the object in his hand* Isn't that Mimi's- Why does he have it? Could he be her former owner?