Chapter 5 Familiar

Purrfect Love

Later…

 

*Mimi arrives at the library and finds Inhyuk sitting at the table already browsing through science books. Inhyuk notices Mimi coming this way and waves to her.

 

Inhyuk: Over here.

 

*Mimi nods and sits down beside him. Soon they got to work. As Mimi and Inhyuk spends time with each other, she could feel her heart beating for him again. 

 

Mimi’s mind: Why is it so hard to forget you when you came back to my life?

Why does my heart still have to beat for you?

 

*Her mind was so distracted that she couldn’t hear any of the words Inhyuk said. 

 

Inhyuk: So did you anything yet for our paper? Mimi? Earth to Mimi!

 

*Inhyuk shakes his hand in front of her face and Mimi shakes her head snapping out of her thoughts.

 

Mimi: Sorry what?

 

Inhyuk: Are you okay? You’ve been zoning out on me all evening.

 

Mimi: Yeah sorry about that. *scratches the back of her neck awkwardly*

 

Inhyuk: We should call it a day.

 

Mimi: What? Why?

 

Inhyuk: *looks at his watch* It’s getting late. Besides I have to go to my part-time job.

 

Mimi: Oh okay I see.

 

Inhyuk: Where do you live? I’ll drop you off.

 

Mimi: No really it’s fine sunbae Hwall is waiting for me. 

 

Inhyuk: Hwall? You must be really close with him huh?
 

Mimi: Uh yeah.

 

Mimi’s mind: I can’t tell him that I’m living with him he’s going to think something is up. Man what should I tell him? 

 

Mimi: He’s just a friend.

 

Inhyuk: Ah I see.

 

*Inhyuk and Mimi heads out of the campus building when Mimi spots Hwall waiting for her. 

 

Mimi: What are you doing here? I thought-

 

Hwall: *finishes her sentence* I called in sick actually so I don’t have work today. Besides you didn’t seem well today so I got worried.

 

Mimi: Really?

 

Hwall: Let’s go home. What do you want to eat for dinner tonight?

 

Mimi: Salmon?

 

Hwall: Salmon? What why? You always eat fish. How about chicken for a change?

 

*Mimi makes a disgusted face

 

Mimi: I don’t like meat. It’s gross!!

 

Hwall: You’re such a picky eater!!

 

Mimi: AM NOT!! *pouts*

 

Hwall: You didn’t cause any trouble today while working on your project did you?

 

Mimi: No I didn’t!

 

Hwall: Are you sure?

 

Mimi: Yes *smells something amazing coming from a block away* OOHHHH that smells so good what’s that? Come on let’s go!!

 

Hwall: Ow ya you’re pulling onto my arm so hard!! YA MIMI!!!!

 

*Mimi waves goodbye to Inhyuk and drags Hwall away. Inhyuk chuckles enjoying the two’s moment in front of him when his facial expression suddenly changes.

 

Inhyuk’s mind: Wait a second… salmon? Fish? Dislikes meat? Causing trouble?

How come all of this sounds so familiar?

And why does she seem so familiar to me?

Wait… could she be-

 

*Inhyuk steps on something on his way to the bus stop. 

 

Inhyuk: Huh what’s this?

 

*Inhyuk crouches down onto the ground and picks something a shiny object. He recognizes what it is. It’s Mimi’s collar and nametag.

 

Inhyuk: Mimi? Why is this here?

Could she be- *tears start to fall*

Could she be the Mimi I abandoned a year ago?

No it can’t be… no...