Chapter 4 My First Love

Purrfect Love

The next day…

 

*Mimi thought that today would be a better day different than yesterday but no yesterday was the start of a whole new drama waiting for her. 

 

Mimi’s mind: Can anything get worse than this?

 

Professor: By next week I expect to write a research paper with your partners. 

So your partners are-

 

Mimi’s mind: Please don’t be Bae Inhyuk, please don’t be Bae Inhyuk, please-

 

*Mimi prays to herself hoping that it isn’t him but boy was she wrong.

 

Professor: Mimi Hyuna Hur and Bae Inhyuk.

 

*Mimi opens her eyes and mouth wide in shock hearing this. She stands up from her seat.

 

Mimi: WHAT??? WHAT???

 

Later… 

 

*Mimi has finished her morning classes but Hwall hasn’t finished his yet. She stands outside of his classroom waiting for him when she noticed Inhyuk coming this way. She starts to panic and walks away from him when she could hear someone calling out to her.

 

Inhyuk: Mimi

 

*Mimi ignores him and continues to walk away. 

 

Mimi’s mind: Damn it! Why is it so hard to get over him? Why do I even have to partners with him?

 

Inhyuk: Mimi, I need to talk to you.

 

Mimi’s mind: Okay girl, you know what to do. Ready, set, run!!

 

*Mimi runs away and Inhyuk gets flustered

 

Inhyuk’s mind: What the-

 

*She continued to run as fast as her feet could carry her. When she noticed that Inhyuk isn’t in her sight anymore she sighs in relief. She takes a deep breath and was just about to leave the scene when she bonks into someone.

 

Mimi: *bows* I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to I-

 

Inhyuk: There you are. I was looking for you.

 

*Mimi turns around and recognizes the face.

 

Mimi’s mind: Inhyuk? Bae Inhyuk?
 

*Mimi panics once again and tries to walk away from him but this time he grabs her wrist. He pulls her closer to him.

 

Inhyuk: Mimi, we need to talk.

 

Mimi: About what, sunbae?

 

Inhyuk: Why have you been avoiding me today?

You know that the research paper won’t write by itself.

 

Mimi: Yeah about that-

 

Inhyuk: Meet me at the library at 5 pm. Don’t be late.

 

Mimi: But-

 

*Inhyuk walks off before Mimi could say anything else.

 

Mimi’s mind: *facepalms herself* Why did I even agree to come to university with my human in the first place? Ugh why me? Why why why??? 

And why does it have to be Bae Inhyuk to be my project partner? Why can’t it be my human?

 

*Mimi clutches onto her chest with tears pouring down her face thinking about the memories she had with Inhyuk.

 

Flashback

Two years ago…

 

*Inhyuk heads home from school when he hears faint meows coming from a distance.

 

Inhyuk: Huh? What’s going on? Why do I hear meows? Is there a cat here?

 

*Inhyuk looks around for where the noise is coming from until he spots an empty cardboard box in the middle of an empty alleyway.

 

Inhyuk: What’s this? What is this doing here?

 

*Inhyuk peeks inside the cardboard box and sees a small lump of fur curled into a ball meowing and begging for mercy. He picks up the kitten and looks at her.

 

Inhyuk: Hey there little guy it’s okay. How would you like to come home with me?

 

*Mimi replies by his face with her tiny paws. Inhyuk giggles and pecks her little head. He puts her into his jacket and carries her home. 

 

Another flashback

 

*Mimi climbs onto Inhyuk’s desk and rubs herself against him purring. Inhyuk chuckles and her fur. He pecks her forehead.

 

Inhyuk: After this game, I’ll play with you, girl, I promise.

 

*Mimi nods her little head and curls into a ball falling asleep beside him but as time went on he was still engrossed into the game. Getting annoyed she thinks to herself of how she could get his attention when she had an idea. She climbs behind the computer overdrive and pulls out the cord making the game shut down in the middle of nowhere. Inhyuk screams.

 

Inhyuk: What the- How did?

 

*Inhyuk makes eye contact with Mimi washing her face with her paws. 

 

Inhyuk: Mimi, what did you do?

*picks her up*

Oh Mimi, you silly goose. *pokes her nose*

What can I do without you? 

I love you, my little troublemaker.

 

*Inhyuk pecks her forehead and pulls her into his embrace. 

 

End of flashback

 

Mimi: You loved my pranks you said you wanted to be my friend you said I was your everything but why-

Why did you have to abandon me?

 

*Just then she could hear a familiar voice coming her from the distance. She looks up and sees a worried Hwall.

 

Mimi: Human, why are you-

 

Hwall: I was looking for you. Where have you been I-

 

*Just like that Mimi runs up to him and cries in his arms. He pats her back to comfort her.

 

Mimi’s mind: Promise me you won’t leave me, human, promise me, please-

 

*Mimi clutches onto his shirt not letting him go as tears kept pouring down her face.